Follow

Blackest Night

Story arc »

The Blackest Night is the third part of Geoff Johns's trilogy in the Green Lantern universe. This storyline will follow the events of Sinestro Corps War and the fallout of the War of Light.

Blackest Night Trades?

iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iloverobots

Hey there. 

I was just wondering, have there been any announcements of DC "compiling" everything Blackest Night in a couple of trades? I figure the Blackest Night series is probably gonna be compiled, but what about all the crossovers? I haven't read half of BL because I can't afford buying that many titles each week but if they came out in 10-12 trades I'd definitely put the money down for it. 

Anyone heard anything about this? Is it even a possibility?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iloverobots
    @jloneblackheart: Thanks for those!  

Do you think there's a possibility that they compile the tie-ins as well? (ie. BL: Wonder Woman, BL: Superman etc...) maybe in a couple of volumes?
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @iloverobots: that's what volume 1 and 2 are. If you check those links they have product descriptions that tell you what is in them.
    iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iloverobots
    @jloneblackheart: Oh !@# I'm an idiot. 

Thanks!
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By courtney12490
    @jloneblackheart: do I need to read all of those to understand what is going on?
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @courtney12490: Not sure, I didn't read it. I just picked up Brightest Day since I've been wanting to get into Green Lantern and I've been waiting for this to end. For a DC book, I was surprised that I wasn't completely lost.
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By courtney12490
    @jloneblackheart: Ya, i'm usually pretty lost when i read dc stuff, i've been getting into it more, lately, thoough, supergirl has me hooked as do the outsiders and the birds of prey, i just bought both series in trades over the past few months. but i died when i read final crisis, i don't know if it was grant being really confusing or me just not following.
    ArmaziLLa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ArmaziLLa

@jloneblackheart Hey dude if you're wanting to get into Green Lantern (and I highly reccommend it) I wouldn't start with Brightest Day...your best bet is to start back with Green Lantern: Rebirth and go from there...it's the best place to start as Geoff Johns started his reboot from that point. It really gives you a good back-story and gets you caught up with everything that's been going on and into Blackest Night. The list of the rest in order up to the BN trades soon should be: 

1. Green Lantern: Rebirth
    2. Green Lantern: No Fear
    3. Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns
    4. Green Lantern: Wanted: Hal Jordan
    5. Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War Vol. 1
    6. Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War Vol. 2
    7. Green Lantern: Tales of the Sinestro Corps (honestly very optional...nothing happens in this one)
    8. Green Lantern: Secret Origin
    9. Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns (prelude to Blackest Night)
    10. Green Lantern: Agent Orange (prelude to Blackest Night)
    11. Green Lantern Corps: Emerald Eclipse (prelude to Blackest Night)
    Sorry a few of those I couldn't find the corresponding volume pages to on the site (I'm new to Comic Vine coming from Giant Bomb) but I have all of them sitting in front of me...just waiting on the Blackest Night trades to be released soon...can't wait.
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @ArmaziLLa: Thanks for the list. I picked up Tales of the Sinestro Corps the other day (of course the one you say isn't necessary) and even that one helped out a lot. Everyone says the Sinestro Corps war was a great arc, so I'll be catching up. They didn't have the others except in hardcover, and I already spend enough.

Also, welcome to Comic Vine!
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Caligula
    @ArmaziLLa: Welcome to the Vine, and good to see another Lantern fan.

@jloneblackheart:
    yeah, if you wanna get into the Lantern universe the best possible place to start is with Rebirth.
    iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iloverobots
    @ArmaziLLa said:
    " @jloneblackheart Hey dude if you're wanting to get into Green Lantern (and I highly reccommend it) I wouldn't start with Brightest Day...your best bet is to start back with Green Lantern: Rebirth and go from there...it's the best place to start as Geoff Johns started his reboot from that point. It really gives you a good back-story and gets you caught up with everything that's been going on and into Blackest Night. The list of the rest in order up to the BN trades soon should be: 
    1. Green Lantern: Rebirth
    2. Green Lantern: No Fear
    3. Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns
    4. Green Lantern: Wanted: Hal Jordan
    5. Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War Vol. 1
    6. Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War Vol. 2
    7. Green Lantern: Tales of the Sinestro Corps (honestly very optional...nothing happens in this one)
    8. Green Lantern: Secret Origin
    9. Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns (prelude to Blackest Night)
    10. Green Lantern: Agent Orange (prelude to Blackest Night)
    11. Green Lantern Corps: Emerald Eclipse (prelude to Blackest Night)
    Sorry a few of those I couldn't find the corresponding volume pages to on the site (I'm new to Comic Vine coming from Giant Bomb) but I have all of them sitting in front of me...just waiting on the Blackest Night trades to be released soon...can't wait. "
    Impressive list! I have skipped a lot of those because I already spend more money than I should on comics every week but I'll try to pick up at least a couple. I have Rebirth already so I think I'll pick up No Fear this week. 
    malovane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By malovane
    I've never been a big DC fan, but Blackest Night - Brightest Day had grabbed my attention.  Looking to get caught up, I was given the following extensive list of trades.  Not sure I trust the order 100%, but its a few more than I had anticipated to say the least.  As such, the short reading list recommended to me was: Secret Origin -> Rebirth -> Sinestro Corps War 1 & 2 -> Blackest Night.  Any other volumes in the list that could be considered vital?
    1.  Green Lantern: Rebirth
    2.  Green Lantern: No Fear
    3.  Green Lantern Corps: Recharge
    4.  Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns
    5.  Green Lantern Corps: To Be a Lantern
    6.  Green Lantern: Wanted – Hal Jordan
    7.  Green Lantern Corps: A Darker Shade of Green
    8.  Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War Vol. 1
    9.  Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War Vol. 2
    10.  Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War Vol. 3 – Tales of the Sinestro Corps
    11.  Green Lantern Corps: Ring Quest
    12.  Green Lantern: Secret Origin
    -Prelude to Blackest Night Arc
    13.  Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns
    14.  Green Lantern Corps: Sins of the Star Sapphire 
    15.  Green Lantern: Agent Orange
    16.  Green Lantern Corps: Emerald Eclipse     
    -Blackest Night Arc
    17.  Blackest Night
    18.  Green Lantern: Blackest Night
    19.  Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps  
    20.  Blackest Night: Tales from the Corps - Misc tales for each of the lantern groups 
    21.  Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Vol 1 - Batman, Superman, Titans
    22.  Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Vol 2 - Wonder Woman, JSA, Flash 
    23.  Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns - Misc characters 
    ArmaziLLa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By ArmaziLLa

@Caligula @iloverobots Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm just really gettin into comics recently thanks to a couple friends but I'm already spending more money than I can afford haha, sounds like something a lot of you can relate to. I'm also really big on Robert Kirkman right now...I'm just rushing through Walking Dead and Invincible and they are amazing.

@malovane As far as whats really needed in the list, I'd say what I posted is really comprehensive. As I mentioned I just recently got into comics and I just picked Green Lantern as my character and those are all I've read and they really got me up to speed. Geoff Johns is an amazing writer so yea, those are the ones I'd stick with. I might check to see if I can find a couple of the ones you mentioned though that I don't have. Just for references sake, the only other DC books I've really read are Batman: Hush, Infinite Crisis, and now Flash: Rebirth....soo yea I'm kinda a newbie...and I must say, if it weren't for Geoff Johns, I would be completely lost in the DC multiverse haha.

EDIT: Also, my list is in chronological order as far as when I read it...yours is to with minor exceptions but yea.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.