Follow

Blackest Night

Story arc »

The Blackest Night is the third part of Geoff Johns's trilogy in the Green Lantern universe. This storyline will follow the events of Sinestro Corps War and the fallout of the War of Light.

Blackest Night My Likes and Dislikes (SPOILERS)

ILoveComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ILoveComics

So I just finished reading ALOT of blackest night im still six issues short. I like this series but there are a few things that are agitating me. Im not gonna even go into insults or me downing the series cause its a good series. Im going to just call this constructive Critisicm.  

Pros: 

1. Great action you cant go wrong with the Green lantern comics when it comes to action. 
    2. Interesting plot twists. some of the people who became Lanterns were interesting like Aquamans wife becoming a red lantern. Wonderwoman becoming a Star Sapphire (i would have thought something like compassion or hope with her) And The Flash as a Blue Lantern. And who didnt WANT the scarecrow to become a Yellow Lantern?  
    3. Great villain. just when you think you met the biggest villain ever in the return of the antimonitor they make the DC universe face DEATH incarnate in Nekron a being who's power is virtually limitless, whom even the spectre has trouble dealing with and fears.

4. The Gaurdians are finally revealed for the miserable punks they are (sorry i dont like them)

CONS:

1. why so many tie ins? Did they have to have SIX mini series PLUS the main series PLUS the tie ins from other comics? The Sinestcro corps was only 12 issues and it was a good series.

2. Same plotline in almost every one of the mini's Ok so someone you love comes back and taunts you..........we get it in fact we're up to our ears in WE GET IT. Youd think that seeing your dead loved ones would tramatize you. It seems the only ones tramatized were Donna Troy, Some members of the JSA. and thats about it. Nobody else seemed bothered by these dead things that knew every bit of there history and then throwing the bad stuff including lies into there face. Red Robbin was also deeply distrubed.

3. Lack of Powers displayed. Ok what of Martian Manhunter, and Superman got to be green lanterns. I mean youd think they would be like SUPER lanterns. That did not happen here. considering that the black lanterns were nearly unkillable for non lanterns. they also had all the powers of there hosts. Why didnt they do more constructs and thus kick more butt? Thats a nitch in a lantern CONSTRUCTS. Not all the new lanterns do constructs but thats one of the things we love about Lanterns when they DO do contructs there pretty sweet.

4. This may or may not have anything to do with the series itself but......does DC know the defintion of immortal? It means CANNOT DIE. So why are the controllers and some Gaurdians dead. Sorry i just hate when the word immortal is tossed around.

Jodin20723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jodin20723

Well when you have Nekron the walking, talking version of death incarne even the immortals should be able to die when fighting him. you can also kinda say the same for dead beings not being able to come back to life via the "White Element". If they are dead them living and walking ruins the entire aspect and definition of dead. lol which means no longer among the living. just saying

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.