lfcmania's Blackest Night #1 - Who Will Rise? review

as good as it gets

when blackest night came out, i wasnt going to buy the issue because i thought the whole series would be c.rap. i didnt realise why everyone was hyped up about it. however..after reading it, i understand why there was so much hype before hand and i think this series is going to be OUT OF THIS WORLD !

Other reviews for Blackest Night #1 - Who Will Rise?

The start of a great comic book blockbuster 0

I have to admit to not being Geoff Johns' biggest fan. He likes to delve very deeply into the DC universe mythos to the point of tedium and droll fanboy nostalgia. If that's your cup of tea, Johns doesn't disappoint with Blackest Night #1. The first few pages are 100% unadulterated Geoff Johns' uninteresting dialogue and campy, flag-waving, fist-pumping heroics. He also, during his stint with the GL series, seems to have sucked any humanity out of Hal Jordan and turned him into Clark Kent with a...

The Fallen will Rise 0

The story is written by Geoff Johns and drawn by Ivan Reis. I've been following Reis career ever since I came across him in Chaos comics Lady Death. It seems like his style hasn't changed through out the years. I'm glad to see that he's a part of a mainstream comicbook character. Blackest Night is the first of eight, this event has been coming since the Sinestro Corps. In GL #43, shows the rise of the herald of the black lanterns. In Blackest Night, the story starts out with a national holiday w...