Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Black Widow's flight from her charge's pursuers brings her to a deep, dark hole in Poland that nobody knows about.

The Good

There's a lot of good stuff to comment on - - the brisk pace, the wonderfully mean action, the sensible integration of realpolitik, and so on - - but what I enjoyed the most was the deliciously-bent sexual tension between Natasha and the journalist dude. Even when she isn't trying to be a vamp, she still can't but seduce men; even when they've got all the reason in the world to hate her guts!

The Bad

Some of Black Widow's old buddies from the Winter Guard show up at the end and I really question their inclusion since this was shaping up to be a more down-to-Earth arc. Mutant witches and power suits are part of Natasha's history, sure, but I figured part of the appeal of this book was to focus on the more worldly espionage side of the character, since she's involved in plenty of superheroics already in the Avengers books.

The Verdict - 4/5

I know that opinions waxed hot and cold on "Natalie" as she appeared in Iron Man 2, but this has been proving to be a strong series since it's very start. Anybody who's excited about the long-discussed prospect of a Black Widow movie will be quite satisfied by this book, as it not only gives the super-spy her own feature, it also presents a plot uniquely tailored to her oft-duplicitous character.
    TSCTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TSCTH

Looks like i gotta get to the comic book store today. ^^ Never really been a fan of Black Widow, but i kinda miss some "realism" in comics, so it might be a good change of pace. ^^

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pizawle

The second arc got off to a good start though it does not seem like it will match Marjorie's excellent initial one.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Eyz
    @TSCTH:  Try some non-mainstream non-superheroes then! :P
    Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Ohhh here she comes!!!! She's a Maneater!!!! love that!
    Go Black Widow!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.