Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3722 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

Why Black Widow Should Get Her Own Marvel Movie

• 176 results
    HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By HolySerpent

No...don't see it

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By Chaos Burn

I reckon it should be all David Lynch-ey, y'know with lots of flashbacks to Red Room trauma and psychological pressure on Natasha, it certainly shouldn't be an all an out 'scientifically enhanced sexy girl gets revenge on the corperation'... we've seen that in Resident Evil, Underworld, Ultraviolet, and more i'm sure

Avatar image for top_flight_security
    Top Flight Security

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

A strong female lead that can kick tail and take names? I see nothing but a win only if a good script is put together and done correctly. Scarlett did a good job portraying the super spy. We shall see what happens next.

satanmode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#104  Edited By satanmode

@Bestostero said:

Black Widow, yes. Scarlet Johansson, no.

This

ppetrov83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By ppetrov83

Why?

No Caption Provided

That's why!

tamabone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 62

#106  Edited By tamabone

@ppetrov83: TOO COOL. I LOVE IT!!!!

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    thephantomstranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheHeat said:

A SHIELD movie involving Black Widow, Hawkeye, Fury, and the soon to be Vision, Coulson would be sweet.

No.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By GunslingerPanda

lol, the Scarlet Johansson hate is hilarious.

If they do it, it should be "Hawkeye and The Black Widow" rather than just Black Widow. Throw in Winter Soldier too to make me happy.

Mrakbarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109  Edited By Mrakbarman

Eh I was hoping for a loki film after i saw the movie....

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#110  Edited By fodigg

A Black Widow film is a must. Marvel already has a leading lady problem. All their big name females are one of the following:

Black Widow (along with Elektra and Mystique) is one of the few female characters that avoids the above issues. She's been chosen as the movie-verse's leading lady already and her appearances in Iron Man 2 and The Avengers have really put her out there for non-comics fans. I'm not the biggest ScarJo fan—would've much preferred Emily Blunt—but she performed well under Joss's direction in Avengers. I think it's time Marvel commits to a female lead in one of their films, and she's the obvious choice at this point.

I especially think a Black Widow film would work if they pair her with another character, such as Hawkeye or Winter Soldier if they bring him back (that'd probably need to be done in a Captain America sequel first though). And I'd definitely want it to be a Black Widow film with her has the clear lead. I liked the Hawkeye relationship, but I'd worry they'd feel compelled to make it a romance if they did a paired film, and I wouldn't want that. By making her connection to the other characters non-romantic in Avengers, Joss succeeded in setting Widow on the same level as the other characters, unlike in Iron Man 2 where she was just eye candy. I wouldn't want that changed in her solo flick unless they introduced a new character specifically as her "dude in distress."

So yeah, I agree big time, it's time for a Black Widow film. It's time to find out about the red room and have her fight the evil Widow. That would work. Unless they get the rights back for the X-Men characters or Elektra, Black Widow is their most recognizable female lead.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By bladewolf

You should proofread your articles before posting: it's not "diffinitive" it's "definitive," and you also call it the "KJB" after correctly calling it the "KGB" the sentence before.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#112  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Before I saw avengers I didn't think she was all that great for a movie, but after seeing avengers I do see her being more than enough to make a great movie.

Avatar image for iron_fist_angel
    Iron Fist Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Iron Fist Angel

@The Lobster said:

Alone, Black Widow and Hawkeye aren't strong enough characters to carry their own film. Together, it could definitely work. I'd love to see a S.H.E.I.L.D. movie done in the style of Mission Impossible with Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Nick Fury in the leading roles. The big question would be....who would be the main bad guy they're sent after? Hydra? Taskmaster? Both?

Agree on the first point but I also can't see people getting too excited about a Widow/Hawkeye movie. Some of the Avengers team just don't need their own movie. And I agree with those who say no to Scarlett playing the role again. I like her as an actor but I do NOT like her as Natasha at all.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By LordRequiem

Most definately not, especially if it's with Scarlett Johannson who just happens to be flavour of the month, and has the charisma of a baked potato (not to mention the acting chops of a ...well.... baked potato).

scottyhanstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By scottyhanstein

Didn't they all sign contracts for 6 movies or was it just Ruffalo and the guy who played Bucky in Cap? If they did, then there's the answer to the question.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By MAZAHS117

I'm down for a Black Widow feature film! Doesn't have to be anything over-the-top....Would be cool if it was done and had a "Jason Bourne" esqe feel to it....Or maybe just do a Black Widow/Hawkeye movie together!

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By The_Ruiner

eh..she's a cool teammate..but I don't want them wasting millions on a solo movie... just put her in the Cap and Avengers movies...

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#118  Edited By Billy Batson

How about no. Maybe after she can hold her own title without getting bad ratings and cancellations then we'll talk.
    BB

dragoness1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By dragoness1993

I would really like to see a Black Widow movie with her and Hawkeye. I think their background should be explored more and they should include bits of Widow's childhood and time with the KGB. I don't think they should base every detail on the comic though as it is very complicated but maybe alter it slightly in their own way. I also think that Scarlett Johansson should be replaced. Her acting skills are not strong enough in my opinion, sure she's got the looks dead on but I think we need someone else to reprise the role.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Or35ti

Black Widow was great! But if Marvel keeps making movies for every character the superhero genre is gonna dominate the movie market.

mosnterduc1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By mosnterduc1000

What an absolutely TERRIBLE idea. Black Widow and Hawkeye were BY FAR the worst part of a great movie. I cringed every time they got screen time, especially when Renner did that lame bow extension arm snap. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH OF A DOUCHE YOU LOOK LIKE DOING THAT?!?! And Scarlett is no where near hot enough to wear a skin tight black suit. Did you see that chunky bum when she was talking to Loki? She is supposed to be incredibly hot, not the chub bum girl next door type.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#122  Edited By Stronger

She would make a great film I think.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#123  Edited By htb106

she definetely does deserve her own movie!

aarny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By aarny

See I thought she had a little too much screen time. Not because of the character, but Scarlet's acting was off putting to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c
    deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She should get a movie because scarlett johanson has the option not to play and does be she sees how awesome the character is.

Casshern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Casshern

I still so no. But she has a better story than Ant-Man as a stand alone movie.

NYStreets09e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By NYStreets09e

I dunno, though i Love Black widow the character, I still don't like the fact that they haven't had her speak or use a Russian accent, and I know i know before anyone tells me, Black widow has recently in comic lost her accent to better herself as a spy but still it wouldn't hurt the movie if we heard Scarlet speak russian in a scene or two, its personally for me something special that makes Natasha who she is.

Avatar image for the_cyan_lantern
    The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Black Widow movie be something like Haywire: GOOD

Black Widow movie be something like Electra: BAD

It's a VERY fine line to walk but do wish for the best is done so

lapis2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By lapis2

@chalkshark: Did anyone even see Salt? I know I didnt, and neither did anyone I know.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#130  Edited By chalkshark

@lapis2: With a global box office just this side of $300,000,000.00, certainly someone saw Salt. It more than doubled it's budget in box office returns, and opened in second place, behind Inception. I went to see it, and so did all of my friends.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Stefano

i think they should make a origin story of black widaw and hawkeye, how they met and everything...

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By KidSupreme

I dont think soo

creole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By creole

@the stegman: WB needs to be choked? for all we know Black Widow could end up like Catwoman or Elektra? and it is true Salt beat widow to the big screen first.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#134  Edited By cbishop  Online

I'd like to see the Budapest story with Black Widow & Hawkeye, but I hope it would take place "recently" enough to end with her joining SHIELD, pointing the way to and placing her movie in the timeline of the Avengers movie.

Spy movies are done all the time (how many Mission Impossibles, now?) - I think the character could carry her own movie easily. But she's not on her own. Add Hawkeye and Nick Fury, and the movie is a done deal.

McClintick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By McClintick

I do believe there should be a Black Widow movie but i could do without hawkeye though it would make sense. Scarlett Johansson is just the perfect actress for widow is what will/is makeing the character raise. Much like jackman did with wolverine. I've noticed that superheroes become alot more interesting when modled after a real-life actor i think its because people connect with the screen in a way you just cant in comics. This may be why i loving the Marvels the Avengers - Black Widow Strikes comic. Cause with johansson's face the character is just more fun.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#136  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Black Widow is female,nearly unimportant to the Marvel Universe,and alot like Captain America whom has already gotten his own film.Please learn from Elektra.Let the character stand on their own two in comics first before trying to give them a film.You don't make a supporting character a main attraction.

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By perry_411

She can't act worth a shart. They'd have to recast her.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ThomasElliot

Just a SHIELD movie in general, so that it also includes Maria Hill (I would like for there to be a side-by-side fight scene with HIll and Widow, it would be good film).

And a SHIELD origins movie is also a way to bring back Coulson one last time. Maybe even throw in Dum Dum somewhere.

Oh, also... imagine if a SHIELD origins movie had an intro showing Sgt Fury and his Howling Commandos.... it could be updated to take place in the '91 Gulf War or something. Come ON that would be bad ass!!

Ah...you know, I forgot the Captain A movie had the Howling Commandos... maybe a 'newer' modern squad? I dunno.

Avatar image for fullmetalchobit
    FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By FullmetalChobit

@GamerGeek360:

I agree, love stories so seldom happened between superheroes.

I'd love to see a Black Canary / Green Arrow movie. Now there's another character who SHOULDN'T be played by Scarlet Johanson.

MonkeyKing1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By MonkeyKing1969

The best reason Black Widow should have her own movie - Scarlett Johansson. That's it! They have a good actor that works in the role - there is no better reason.

shackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By shackle

First, those criticizing Johansson's portrayal--you're a bunch of morons.

Second, with the way Avengers played out, BW wouldn't have to carry a film by herself. She's already had a small role in the second Iron Man; she could easily be paired with CA, Hawkeye, or Fury/Shield if there was any concern about her carrying a movie on her own. I liked the suggestion earlier, of using a BW (and someone else, maybe) story to bring Bucky back into the fold. That has a huge amount of potential in my opinion.

MrGutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By MrGutts

@Vance Astro said:

Black Widow is female,nearly unimportant to the Marvel Universe,and alot like Captain America whom has already gotten his own film.Please learn from Elektra.Let the character stand on their own two in comics first before trying to give them a film.You don't make a supporting character a main attraction.

Nicely said.

Meat_Spinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Meat_Spinner

Never was a huge fan of Black Widow.
    She's just copy-paste Russian Spy with an average personality. I kinda preffered her as a traitor villain in Ultimates. 
    I'm sorry but i don't think she stands on the same level with other Avengers and deserves her Own movie
    Hell, i'd be A LOT more excited for a Pepper Pots  solo movie! 
    But if Marvel runs out of ideas, i'd guess a Hawkeye/BlackWidow prequel movie would be a decent idea

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#144  Edited By Miss_Garrick

I was very happy with Scarlet Johansson's performance in Iron Man 2. It was one of the few things I liked in the whole movie, because she was always calm, stoic, and professional, the way I think Black Widow should be done in films. I'm not even that big a Black Widow fan, yet I would totally love to watch a Black Widow movie if Scarlet Johansson would do it.

TheGremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By TheGremlin

I can think of two reasons Black Widow should get her own movie and one reason why it wouldn't work.

1. Scarlet Johansson is hot.

2. Black Widow is badass.

3. Black Widow doesn't carry enough weight with average fans and wouldn't sell.

But like people keep saying if they made a SHIELD movie it would definately work. Not necessarily a prequal though. With the exception of Captain America none of the others have been prequals and they all simply led up to Avengers anyway. Just give them their own movie while they're working on producing Iron Man 3 and Thor 2.

Avatar image for iamlovewithin500
    Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mister_Sensational said:

@The Stegman said:

If she gets a movie before Wonder Woman, I'mma choke someone.

Well that person should be someone from DC and/or Warner Bros. because you surely can't blame Marvel for introducing Black Widow in the films and making her such a compelling character, meanwhile DC still refuses to even entertain the idea of a Wonder Woman movie despite her long standing status as one of the best (if not the greatest) female superhero and us fans constantly asking for one.

If This hoe gets one before Storm I'm gone light someones ass fire. 

J/k J/k..Or am I?
    Avatar image for iamlovewithin500
    Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really though she deserves a movie.Some MU female does.

MutieLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By MutieLover

Blade was and still is a Z-list Marvel character.

The Blade Trilogy racked in over $400,00,000 in world-wide revenue.

With the write script/director/actors there is hope for any movie, I don't see why Black Widow couldn't work.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#149  Edited By tg1982

@MutieLover said:

Blade was and still is a Z-list Marvel character.

The Blade Trilogy racked in over $400,00,000 in world-wide revenue.

With the write script/director/actors there is hope for any movie, I don't see why Black Widow couldn't work.

I agree. I made a similar post in another thread. If a no name like Blade could get a movie and then be famous then Blak Widow should be able to get one aswell and with her current popularity, due to Avengers, it could work very nicely but would have to be written good not like that steaming pile that Elektra was.

NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By NXH

As long as it's directed by Joss Whedon, I'm good lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.