Was this really the final issue of Black Widow?

#1 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

It said to be continued in Widowmaker in this weeks Black Widow. So no more then? Because I didnt plan on picking up Widowmaker. That kinda sucks. =/

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

They haven't solicited any more of the 'on-going' series for months.  So it sure seems that the Widowmaker is the continuation (which seems pointless to 'cancell' something to replace it with the same thing). 

But, since you were buiying the one series, then replacing it with a mini series shouldn't be too much of a chore.
#3 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: except that it involves Hawkeye and his lady friend, and its $4 now.
#4 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think Liu should have stayed on the book, she wrote Natasha so perfectly and her run was amazing! I'd like to see her writ both Black Widow and X-23, that would be great! ^_^

But I would hate it if this series was canceled so soon, but I don't blame Marvel if they did since they second story arc was horrible, the only thing great about it was the art (personal opinion)

#5 Posted by megacomicslover (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to order this comic but it seems I should not bother...unless it will continue next year.

#6 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5416 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering what happend to this series, I saw a solicit for # 8 (not sure what issue is being refered to in the OP), unfortunatly I've only recieved the first 2 issues from my comic shop :(  
I recently saw the Widowmaker title and placed it in my file.
#7 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donovan Montgomery said:
" I was wondering what happend to this series, I saw a solicit for # 8 (not sure what issue is being refered to in the OP), unfortunatly I've only recieved the first 2 issues from my comic shop :(  I recently saw the Widowmaker title and placed it in my file. "
The last storyline in BW's series, "Kiss or Kill" was only three issues (#6-8) and then the series ended along with Hawkeye & Mockingbird for the Widowmaker miniseries. Strange thing is that Marvel.com has Black Widow #10 listed for their March catalog, which would mean that the series wasn't canceled, but I think it's a mistake since there isn't an #9....

I too searched for Black Widow #8 at my local CBS a few weeks ago but had no luck finding it either, although it did come out since people have done reviews about it here on the site. But in truth, the series sucked after #5 when Liu left the book, she wrote a butt-kicking Widow and the last story arc felt so completely off and dumb....

Sham really, I like Black Widow, she's a great character when written correctly, and with her being in teh Avengers movie, I'd kind of hoped her book would have lasted a bit longer -__-
#8 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5416 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer:
I thought I saw #8 in my shop, but couldn't find it when I went back to pick it up :(   They were supposed to be putting them away for me but like I said, I havn't seen an issue since #2.  I'm starting to think I should start buying some online :/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.