Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3721 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

Was Natasha pregnant?

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gawdzilla

After reading the first two issue of her new ongoing...it seems to me with the way she was touching her stomache and from her monologueing it seems that maybe she was pregnant and that the bad guys removed the baby...

your thoughts?

Antigonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Antigonist

I haven't read the second issue (because it isn't out yet.)

Natasha is supposed to be sterile, the treatments they gave her in the Red Room make it very difficult to conceive.  But that mini is ignored a lot.  She was drinking wine at dinner, which she wouldn't have if she were pregnant, Bucky didn't react as though she'd lost a baby, and you'd figure if anyone would know if she were pregnant, it'd be him, and you have to be a few months along before the embryo is large enough to remove using crude tools, quickly, on a sidewalk.  But none of those things are really conclusive arguments against the possibility, if they want to make it a twist.

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @Antigonist: thanks.  Must have been the issue 2 spoilers then, its just that i've seen a woman wake up from surgery/coma and cradle their stomache as if they lost a child so much i just kinda applied it to this situation.

Edit: it seems something was taken from her that was inside her...the plot thickens
    Antigonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Antigonist
    @Gawdzilla: 
    Yeah, the preview does show her cradling her stomach, which was ripped open last issue, and mentioning something was taken from inside her.  I'm not sure what it is though.  It could be a child possibly, or it could be an implant from her Red Room days.
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By DH69

tis what i was thinkin

BaronVonDredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By BaronVonDredd
    @Antigonist: 
    It's an implant.
    BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

No I don`t think so cause in the comics black widow homecoming they say that a black widow can`t get pregnant . The guys in the red room wanted weapons not mothers .

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@BaronVonDredd said:
    " @Antigonist:  It's an implant. "
    what did it do??
    BaronVonDredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BaronVonDredd
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon: 
    It was supposedly meant to obtain information of Natalia's fellow Avengers for her original employers. It remains to be seen if Natalia is going back to her bad ways.
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

IDK if you read DD # 506, but he had something takin out of his midsection as well.....
    SDSMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SDSMP
    @Antigonist said:
    " I haven't read the second issue (because it isn't out yet.)   Natasha is supposed to be sterile, the treatments they gave her in the Red Room make it very difficult to conceive.  But that mini is ignored a lot.  She was drinking wine at dinner, which she wouldn't have if she were pregnant, Bucky didn't react as though she'd lost a baby, and you'd figure if anyone would know if she were pregnant, it'd be him, and you have to be a few months along before the embryo is large enough to remove using crude tools, quickly, on a sidewalk.  But none of those things are really conclusive arguments against the possibility, if they want to make it a twist. "
    Pregnant women drink wine all the time.
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what was taken out of her???? 

My shop apperently did not get any issues passed # 2 so I have missed everything up till Widowmaker (I don't collect anything else due to budget resraints:^(  and have yet to hear why that went down.   )
    Antigonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Antigonist
    @Donovan Montgomery: 
    It was a microchip she was using to collect intelligence about the hero/villain community for her own personal use.  This was revealed in issue #2.

@SDSMP: 
     Drinking alcohol while pregnant has adverse effects on pregnancy.  It is not uncommon to abstain, most women who know they are pregnant do.  This is pretty irrelevant to the issue, though, since she wasn't pregnant.
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Antigonist: YAY! Thank you, that is a load of my mind in that regard.  Did she get her revenge for that act?
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By PowerHerc

@Antigonist
    Glad to hear she wasn't pregnant.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Primmaster64

poor Buck.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.