Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3722 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

Spider-Man/Black Widow Team-Up

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthfury78

I always find it interesting that The Black Widow looks down on Spider-Man. Yet, I feel that she secretly respects him. However, it has been nearly 30 years since they last teamed up together. Her recent relationship with Bucky remains me on what might have been of she had pursued a relationship with Spider-Man as I feel that Peter Parker is in some ways like Bucky. Correct me if I am wrong.

What do you guys think about the upcoming team-up with Black Widow, Silver Sable, and Spider-Man working together?

No Caption Provided
    Antigonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Antigonist
    Her recent relationship with Bucky remains me on what might have been of she had pursued a relationship with Spider-Man as I feel that Peter Parker is in some ways like Bucky. Correct me if I am wrong.

This is an interesting thought. There are some ways that Peter and Bucky are similar— both have brown hair, they're both teen heroes grown up. I think Bucky's also much funnier than people usually give him credit for, although he's still nowhere in Spidey's league. Personality wise, I think Bucky's most similar to Hawkeye. He's got a reckless courage and bravado that masks inner insecurities, and that's, historically, been the type Natasha is attracted to. But story wise, Natasha and Bucky's relationship is founded mostly on a shared sense of past. They are both KGB superagents trying to be superheroes, they both came of age during WW2, and so they get a rare sense of understanding from one another. A relationship with Spider-man would probably be very different.

But I don't think Natasha really looks down on Spider-man. I do think she probably does find the constant jokes a bit annoying, because they're not really her style, but she knows he is a dedicated hero and formidable opponent.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darthfury78

Here is a question that I asked with regards to The Black Widow:

Will we see more team-up adventures with Spider-Man and The Black Widow after Ends of the Earth has passed? It has certainly been a longtime since they've worked together. Why the long wait?

Tom Brevoort

You make it sound like this is both the most obvious idea in the world, and something that should be happening regularly. But really, none of the Spidey writers has been particularly interested in guest starring Natasha up until now.

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/amazing_spiderman_86_1.shtml

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.