Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3719 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

So now that Iron Man 2 is out

starz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By starz007

What did everyone think of Scar Jo as Black Widow?

I thought she did better than I expected.  I was upset that there was no Russian accent, but I was happy that they went with the newer interpretation of the character (as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.).  I still don't think she's a good actress, but damn did she look good in that outfit!  She also did pretty well with that action scene, although I'm guessing it was almost 100% stunt doubled.

How does everyone else feel about her?

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Caligula

why does everyone care so much about the accent? i mean it's an accent, it's not like it's the soul of the character?

I think she did an amazing job, and I for one throw my vote in for her to get a solo movie, and be part of the avengers film.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LT1085

Pretty much the same as you. Looked great, but not a lot of reason to be in the movie other than the inevitable recurring nods to s.h.i.e.l.d. and showing that he isn't the only superhero out in the world. Just smoking hot. Definitely missed the Russian accent, but it is probably better they went without it because a) she probably would have butchered it and b) a super spy really shout be able to flawlessly mask their accent. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@jstarzyk:
    I thought she did a fantastic job. I agree with Caligula she could definitely star in a Black Widow movie.
    the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By the_fallen11

It was okay. but if you look at her role in the movie...did she really need to be in it, Widow didn't serve the story at all. Scar Jo was good in it but  ultimately she was the films "eye-candy"

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Sparda

I thought she was great. At first I thought she was gonna be totally worthless but 1) She had one of the best action scenes in the movie (giving a beatdown that almost put the Watchmen fights to shame) and 2) She looked ridiculously awesome doing it. And there was the SHIELD references and stuff too.

Overall, I'd rather have her be in the movie than not in the movie.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By DH69

its no secret im not a fan of her work. but honestly the only thing that ate away at me was the lack of accent. if she spoke just one line in russian i would have been please but what do i get a half assed latin warning

Avatar image for squiresmadnessmachine
    squiresmadnessmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black widow is supposed to be russian 
    thats like making thor not talk all epic
    KJPPPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By KJPPPimp

Didn't she do her own stunts? I remember watching some featurette and she was talking about all this luchador training she did to get that crazy fighting style. I might be wrong though but I think she was awesome in the movie anyway. Solo or in Avengers I'm ready to see her again.

BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw
    @KJPPPimp: Yes I also saw that behind the scenes video where she trained for the fighting scenes and all that .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.