Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3719 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

Should The Black Widow become a crime fighting partner for Spider-Man?

• 75 results
    Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Not if Dan Slott is writing.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By darthfury78

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

I doubt that Slott would ever do it to being with. If he did, it would not be very good. Let's be very glad that he never explored Peter's relationship with Carol Danvers as he would have destroyed that chemistry. Also, we will never see Peter Parker return as long as Slott's the writer. This means that Spock had better keep as far away from Natasha as possible because she would know that he's not Peter Parker.

I can see it happening soon considering what Black Widow had said to Spider-Man in in 8th issue of SSM. Black Cat is going with Daredevil, so it's a very interesting swap to see. Another reason to that is due to the fact that she's one of the first few heroines to have taken an interest in Spider-Man besides Black Cat, and Silver Sable.

Don't forget that Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, and Jennifer Walters are interested in Peter Parker as well respectively for different reasons. But it is true that Natasha is one of the first heroine to have taken an interest in Spider-Man going as far back as when she was Madam Natasha working for the KGB. Spider-Man might have given her the inspiration to defect to the USA and become a heroine in her own right. And if she wasn't interested in Spider-Man, why was she so eager to learn the source of his powers?

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

I doubt that Slott would ever do it to being with. If he did, it would not be very good. Let's be very glad that he never explored Peter's relationship with Carol Danvers as he would have destroyed that chemistry. Also, we will never see Peter Parker return as long as Slott's the writer. This means that Spock had better keep as far away from Natasha as possible because she would know that he's not Peter Parker.

@saiyan_earthling said:

I can see it happening soon considering what Black Widow had said to Spider-Man in in 8th issue of SSM. Black Cat is going with Daredevil, so it's a very interesting swap to see. Another reason to that is due to the fact that she's one of the first few heroines to have taken an interest in Spider-Man besides Black Cat, and Silver Sable.

Don't forget that Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, and Jennifer Walters are interested in Peter Parker as well respectively for different reasons. But it is true that Natasha is one of the first heroine to have taken an interest in Spider-Man going as far back as when she was Madam Natasha working for the KGB. Spider-Man might have given her the inspiration to defect to the USA and become a heroine in her own right. And if she wasn't interested in Spider-Man, why was she so eager to learn the source of his powers?

She only wanted to learn about Spider-Man's powers, so she can use it for her own benefit as a heroine. By combining the knowledge of Spider-Man's powers, with her own abilities, she'd be like the exact female version of Spider-Man.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She only wanted to learn about Spider-Man's powers, so she can use it for her own benefit as a heroine. By combining the knowledge of Spider-Man's powers, with her own abilities, she'd be like the exact female version of Spider-Man.

And whose to say that Natasha isn't motivated at learning the source of Spidey's powers even now?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Still no.

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nah.

They have too different personalities and backgrounds/ages/morality/etc.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pcn24454 said:

Nah.

They have too different personalities and backgrounds/ages/morality/etc.

And that's what makes Black Widow and Spider-Man a great team. Having him with the Black Cat all the time is boring.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#59  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

1 year later with the same name.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Given how Superior and Natasha are interacting a Team-up is pretty inevitable. Right now Natasha just thinks Pete has taken his morals down a notch not turned into an outright murdering psychopath. At some point there'll be a team-up to correct her misleading thoughts.

1 year later with the same name.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#61 god_spawn  Moderator

@strider92: Totally meant to type same thing. Good catch.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That reminds me, I wonder how Black Cat's gonna react to the Superior Spider-Man if they meet again.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By darthfury78

@saiyan_earthling said:

That reminds me, I wonder how Black Cat's gonna react to the Superior Spider-Man if they meet again.

I think that such a meeting is not likely to happen anytime soon. There was a reason why Slott wanted to get rid of Felicia. In the original version for Ends of the Earth, Felicia was to have died in Silver Sable's place. Considering that Dr. Octavius despised the Black Cat, he'll stay as far away from her as possible. This is why the Black Widow and Spider-Woman will assume the guest spot role that is reserved for the Black Cat. I would love to see Felicia in Hawkeye's world and Daredevil's in exchange for the Black Widow and Spider-Woman residing in Spider-Man's world.

No Caption Provided

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can see it happening would like it actually even if it would be short term. I would prefer she does it with parker and not doc oc though the same for silver sable and spiderwoman

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can see it happening would like it actually even if it would be short term. I would prefer she does it with parker and not doc oc though the same for silver sable and spiderwoman

I would rather that Black Widow's relationship with Peter Parker remains on the friends level that would allow future writers to evolve their relationship in the same manner as Carol Danvers. No need to turn that friendship into a romantic relationship. It's important that Spidey and Natasha's friendship takes its time to develop and not turn into a crash and burn relationship as Marvel had done with Storm and Black Panther's marriage.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, his best friends at this point are Wolverine and Deadpool, so her being a different sort of moral edge won't bother Parker in the slightest. She can be like a Mentor or a Big Sis type of veteran to Parker somewhat.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, his best friends at this point are Wolverine and Deadpool, so her being a different sort of moral edge won't bother Parker in the slightest. She can be like a Mentor or a Big Sis type of veteran to Parker somewhat.

I could see Natasha as a mentor to Spider-Man. I very much doubt that Natasha wants to play the role of big sister because she would rather have him as a partner with a certain amount of sexual tension between them. That was what Spider-Woman x Carol Danvers were displaying whenever they were around Peter Parker respectively.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, Natasha is like a big sis type than a flirty type with Spidey IMO. I don't get why people say they wouldn't be great partners because there opposites, Spidey is best allies with Daredevil and Wolverine and they foil him more than any character marvel has paired him with. Deadpool is literally bizzaro spidey gone assassin, and he pairs up with Peter as a common special team up for popularity reasons.

Seriously, Widow is like Sable with more experience and more patience. She and Spidey would be better than her and hawkeye, she is probably the only heroine that can rival Spidey's agility and keep up with him for a short while and like her and hawkeye can actually lighten her mood with his blunt yet earnest sense of humor but Spidey talks a lot compared to hawkeye.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A personal message from Dan Slott about the idea of Spider-Man in a relationship with a super heroine:

Darthfury78,

I know it's a favorite subject of yours. But, honestly, Peter Parker hooking up w/ a super hero just isn't going to happen-- same for a character that's deeply entrenched in another book/universe/dimension's continuity. The main reasons are (though I know you don't agree...)

1. It takes something out of the soap opera column of Peter Parker's life-- and puts it onto the Spider-Man side.

Part of the fun of a monthly Spider-Man title is watching the juxtaposition of Peter's normal life and his Spider-Man life. If you borrow such a big piece from the Peter-side and place it on the Spidey-side, you really don't leave that much for Peter to do.

2. It makes Spidey's super hero life a little easier too-- by having such easy, quick access to another hero.

3. Other continuities/dimensions/titles having such a large effect on Peter Parker's personal life is, at times, a little to "inside baseball" and intimidating to both new readers and fans who JUST want to read about Spidey in his own book.

While a super villain/super hero romance might be a fun shake up in the short term-- trust me-- you are NOT going to see a relationship like that happening as an ongoing status quo.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey would be better with Naha than say Silk as a partner.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By darthfury78

@jimishim12 said:

Spidey would be better with Natasha than say Silk as a partner.

I agree. I can't see Silk as a love interest for reasons that seems like a mating call and nothing else between them.

jdp180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Black Widow is a spy/assassin who travels the country and even the globe. Why would she waste her time in New York chasing down bank robbers and other local criminals?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdp180 said:

The Black Widow is a spy/assassin who travels the country and even the globe. Why would she waste her time in New York chasing down bank robbers and other local criminals?

Spider-Man's going international. Thus, there is a chance that Natasha will partner up with him.

viral4343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By viral4343

@jdp180 said:

Thats in the past, I can see Spidey doing something with Widow currently now but I agree this is stupid and a bad idea. I know Spidey is flexible but if you ask me, Spidey got worse and looked like a fool the second his team ups was with heroes that are more extreme than him in doing world saving/villian/crime stopping. Spider-Man is supposed to be the good guy of good guys(yes more than Cap because Cap is a fundamentally a killer and a enforcer of justice), Spider-Man is like a guardian of good and hope and his heroics are the focus of making life bright, optimistic and sometimes loving more than any hero in the Marvel U. Natasha cramps his style, she's a dark void that destroys evil but is fundamentally a bad person deep down because she chooses to kill without a cause to maintain her life.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdp180 said:

Thats in the past, I can see Spidey doing something with Widow currently now but I agree this is stupid and a bad idea. I know Spidey is flexible but if you ask me, Spidey got worse and looked like a fool the second his team ups was with heroes that are more extreme than him in doing world saving/villian/crime stopping. Spider-Man is supposed to be the good guy of good guys(yes more than Cap because Cap is a fundamentally a killer and a enforcer of justice), Spider-Man is like a guardian of good and hope and his heroics are the focus of making life bright, optimistic and sometimes loving more than any hero in the Marvel U. Natasha cramps his style, she's a dark void that destroys evil but is fundamentally a bad person deep down because she chooses to kill without a cause to maintain her life.

The same can be said about Deadpool and Wolverine. Yet they are always paired up with Spider-Man. Thus what would make the Black Widow any different from those two killers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.