Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3718 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

Should The Black Widow become a crime fighting partner for Spider-Man?

• 75 results
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthfury78

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By darthfury78

Who like ASM: Ends of the Earth storyline so far. This is the first time in 22 years that we see The Black Widow and Silver Sable team-up. Only this time with Spider-Man. I was surprise to see Silver's hidden feelings for Spider-Man emerge. Also, does any one feel that The Black Widow has been shocked to see Spider-Man's real persona outside of the Avengers. She would certainly make for an alternate crime fighting partner to The Black Cat. I long to see The Black Widow establish a mutual friendship with Spider-Man now that she has finally seen for herself that Spider-Man would make for an interesting crime fighting partner in her world.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

No.

Not now. Not ever.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darthfury78

She a great alternate to The Black Cat. What's wrong with that?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Not now. Not ever.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darthfury78

I feel that The Black Widow would make a great crime fighting partner for Spider-Man. Don't you agree? Spidey needs a woman like The Black Widow. And would wouldn't want some for her Russian heritage to rub off on Spider-Man? It could get a lot of Spidey-readers to seriously consider buying The Black Widow related books. She did appear in ASM #86 when she battled him. I would have thought that she would have come back for a rematch against him after that issue because I would have speculated that she would have been stronger than ever. Especially if she's had a sample of his webbing from her first battle with him and analyze its basic DNA structure.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@darthfury78 said:

Cause Black Cat is a thief? Natasha is/was a spy, assassin, thief, agent etc for multiple different organizations and groups. Her abilities and skill set range far differently to consider her a great "alternative" cause she is and can do more and better things than Cat. I'd think Natasha is better off working with someone like Bucky and in stories of that nature than teaming with Parker as Felicia's replacement.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evilvegeta74

She could but she would change Spidey into a more serious type of hero mentally! Idon't think I'd recommend it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

No also NO

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Mercy_

Absolutely NOT

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercy_

@god_spawn said:

@darthfury78 said:

Cause Black Cat is a thief? Natasha is/was a spy, assassin, thief, agent etc for multiple different organizations and groups. Her abilities and skill set range far differently to consider her a great "alternative" cause she is and can do more and better things than Cat. I'd think Natasha is better off working with someone like Bucky and in stories of that nature than teaming with Parker as Felicia's replacement.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ yes

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darthfury78

@evilvegeta74 said:

She could but she would change Spidey into a more serious type of hero mentally! Idon't think I'd recommend it.

What's wrong with The Black Widow and Spider-Man working together on occasion? If he could get along with guys like Daredevil and Wolverine, why can't he have a team up partner like Natasha?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By moywar700

@darthfury78 said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

What's wrong with The Black Widow and Spider-Man working together on occasion? If he could get along with guys like Daredevil and Wolverine, why can't he have a team up partner like Natasha?

she can be a supporting cast but not be with spider-man for every issue. The comic is called spider-man, not black widow and spider-man.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@darthfury78: There's no problem with the occasional team up but she can't be his side kick

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daredevil21134

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Not now. Not ever.

Agreed

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Hunter114

@darthfury78 said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Daredevil and Wolverine are street-level... plus Wolverine is Wolverine... he gets everywhere and they are practically polar opposites, so it works.

Widow is just too far beyond that point where you can see two people working together... there's no real reason why they would become partners... maybe if it's an infrequent thing, but not all the time or have their own solo series.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By darthfury78

@Hunter114 said:

@darthfury78 said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Daredevil and Wolverine are street-level... plus Wolverine is Wolverine... he gets everywhere and they are practically polar opposites, so it works.

Widow is just too far beyond that point where you can see two people working together... there's no real reason why they would become partners... maybe if it's an infrequent thing, but not all the time or have their own solo series.

True. The same can be applied to Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, and Silver Sable as well. It would be cool to see the Black Widow and Spider-Man work together as crime fighting partners once in a while. I never said that it had to be frequent. Only if the stories are good enough to bring her onboard.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hunter114

@darthfury78:

The problem with that is that you've used two terms which are opposite, it's one thing to team up once in a while, but to be partners is something different...

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By darthfury78

@Hunter114 said:

@darthfury78:

The problem with that is that you've used two terms which are opposite, it's one thing to team up once in a while, but to be partners is something different...

You're right. I have gotten the terms confused. I just feel that The Black Widow would make for an interesting alternative to The Black Cat as Spidey's crime fighting partner. Since Felicia now resides in Daredevil's world, I felt that The Black Widow could take her place as Spidey's crime fighting partner for the most difficult adventures. Especially, if Natasha's mission coincide with Spider-Man when it comes to the same enemy.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hunter114

@darthfury78:

Spidey doesn't have a crime-fighting partner... he teams up every now and then with other people, but he doesn't have a regular partner

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By InnerVenom123

I love Ends of the Earth, but the more it goes on, the more I find myself wishing the original plan of using Black Cat and Venom had been done instead of using Black Widow and Silver Sable.

Oh well.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By darthfury78

@Hunter114 said:

@darthfury78:

Spidey doesn't have a crime-fighting partner... he teams up every now and then with other people, but he doesn't have a regular partner

That's true. At one time, The Black Cat was his crime fighting partner when they had a relationship in the 1980's. After that, Spider-Man was a solo act. I just felt that The Black Widow could make a guest appearance every once in awhile besides having the Black Cat all the time.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darthfury78

Stillanerd: Okay, pluses and minuses and a few mixed bags on Amazing Spider-Man #686

Pluses:

[B]+Also, liked the way Black Widow convinced the Chameleon to cooperate by suggesting she knew the "secret of his real face." Brings back a kind of mystery to the Chameleon's origins[/B].

Overall, though, I think this was the best issue of "Ends of the Earth" thus far.

This is part of the story that I like the best. I never understood why past Spidey-Writers never used The Black Widow as a guest in ASM as her involvement could bring out a side to the character that we would never know in The Avengers. And I like the idea of The Black Widow and Spider-Man working together on occasion as he does with The Black Cat. I can't wait until the next issue.

There is one Spider-Girl that could be used in the mainstream Marvel Universe:

Galina Tsarfin

She's the clone of The Black Widow and (by extension) Spider-Man. Here is her information:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Galina_Tsarfin_Earth-1078

I would love to see her come the Earth-616 as the next true Spider-Girl.

If Lyra(clone of the Hulk and Thundra) could make the jump into Earth-616, why can't Galina? She would get the chance to know The Black Widow and Spider-Man respectively.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By acer51

They could team up, but I don't see them becoming partners.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By darthfury78
    @acer51 said:

They could team up, but I don't see them becoming partners.

The one exchange that would be cool to see as an exchange for the Black Widow x Spider-Man are:

Daredevil x The Black Cat
    Winter Soldier x Silver Sable

Give Black Cat to Daredevil and Silver Sable to Bucky(Winter Soldier) and Spider-Man gets the Black Widow as his crime fighting partner for a story arc or two. It simply giving two heroines for one established one. 
    acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By acer51

@darthfury78: I think Silver sable and Bucky would get along.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darthfury78

Here is link that showcase Black Widow x Spider-Man working together:

http://majorspoilers.com/2012/04/22/retro-review-amazing-spider-man-86-july-1970/

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mercy_

No

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By darthfury78

@Mercy_ said:

No

Here is a link to a long forgotten team-up adventure between Spider-Man x Black Widow against Silver Samurai:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/silver-samurai-vs-ultimate-spider-man/658640/

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let Spider-Man work with Black cat and let Daredevil get Black Widow. It would be nice if the each got their own ongoing serie. But I doubt they will.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31  Edited By Strider1992

@tupiaz: Don't speak too soon. She seems to be getting along with Superior Spider-man..........an all round nice guy who jokes she dislikes but a murdering psychopath........she gets on with rofl!? Seems Legit!:

However in reply to the OP nah they're not a good fit. However I would like to see another team-up so we can compare SpOck to Peter and gauge her reaction to the change.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tupiaz

@tupiaz: Don't speak too soon. She seems to be getting along with Superior Spider-man..........an all round nice guy who jokes she dislikes but a murdering psychopath........she gets on with rofl!? Seems Legit!:

However in reply to the OP nah they're not a good fit. However I would like to see another team-up so we can compare SpOck to Peter and gauge her reaction to the change.

Seems like it is good I'm still not reading Spider-man.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz: Superior Spider-man has been ok. In the Superior title he's been average but over in Avenging Spider-man he's a boss. Yost writes Superior really really well, better than Slott. So while i wouldn't recommend Superior, Avenging is definitely worth reading.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92 said:

@tupiaz: Superior Spider-man has been ok. In the Superior title he's been average but over in Avenging Spider-man he's a boss. Yost writes Superior really really well, better than Slott. So while i wouldn't recommend Superior, Avenging is definitely worth reading.

I will consider going back once they fix OMD. In the mean time iÍ stick with Spider-man written before this lucky enough a lot of books I haven't read yet.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz: They aren't going to fix OMD (or if they do it'll be a loooooooooooooong time). Superior is supposed to be Spider-man for a long time apparently. He's even getting new suit in issue 14 IIRC.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope, don't like the idea. I enjoy the Widow-Bucky dynamic too much.

I love Ends of the Earth, but the more it goes on, the more I find myself wishing the original plan of using Black Cat and Venom had been done instead of using Black Widow and Silver Sable.

Oh well.

Wow, really that was the original plan? What happened? Black Cat and Venom (I'm assuming Flash) sounds awesome.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92 said:

@tupiaz: They aren't going to fix OMD (or if they do it'll be a loooooooooooooong time). Superior is supposed to be Spider-man for a long time apparently. He's even getting new suit in issue 14 IIRC.

Not interested in spock. Dr. Ock died doing the clone saga.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Wow, really that was the original plan? What happened? Black Cat and Venom (I'm assuming Flash) sounds awesome.

Slott seems to hate Felicia thats what happened lol and I guess Venom was off doing his own thing in his on-going.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Slott seems to hate Felicia thats what happened lol and I guess Venom was off doing his own thing in his on-going.

Damn, that's a pity. I haven't been keeping up with Slott's work on Spider-Man save for Ends of the Earth, but the general consensus seems to be that Slott's vouching for Carlie Cooper.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: He sort of is yeah. She's not a love interest anymore but she is the only one who knows the truth about Superior. As I said earlier Yost is writing Superior like a boss over in Avenging. Its a lot better than Superior. SpOck actually seems dangerous in it.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92

Read that there's a lot of hate as a result of him playing favorites haha.

I loved Chris Yost's work on WaTX and A:EMH, but I haven't read Avenging. Only read through the first couple issues of Superior, but I thought they were alright.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Widow and Spider-Man/Peter Parker are a good fit. The problem was the fact that none of the past Spider-Man writers establish that relationship in the same manner as Mary Jane or Felicia Hardy. And the same applies to Spider-Woman and Silver Sable. And knowing Natasha, the drawing that Peter left is a major clue for her to figure out. Once she learns that Dr. Ock is in Peter's body that will be the beginning of the end for Spock.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92 said:

Black Widow and Spider-Man/Peter Parker are a good fit. The problem was the fact that none of the past Spider-Man writers establish that relationship in the same manner as Mary Jane or Felicia Hardy. And the same applies to Spider-Woman and Silver Sable. And knowing Natasha, the drawing that Peter left is a major clue for her to figure out. Once she learns that Dr. Ock is in Peter's body that will be the beginning of the end for Spock.

The problem with Black Cat's relationship with Spider-Man didn't love Peter and had little to no understanding why he wants to live a civilian live.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

The problem with Black Cat's relationship with Spider-Man didn't love Peter and had little to no understanding why he wants to live a civilian live.

The popular misconception that the Black Cat didn't love Peter Parker was true in the initial start of their relationship. However, once Felcia got to know Peter Parker(after they broke up long ago) she realize that she was a fool for treating him as a separate side from Spider-Man. In part is because she now realize that Peter and Spidey are the same person. The difference being is that Peter wants to maintain a regular life instead of being stuck as a superhero 24/7. This is also the reason why her succeeding relationship with Flash Thompson and Puma hasn't worked out in the long run as none of the guys that she hangs out with could ever compare to Peter. However, Matt Murdock or Clint Barton might fulfill the void that Spider-Man had left as Black Cat's new boyfriend.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tupiaz

@darthfury78: Isn't Clint and Matt just guys that gets a lot on the side? Don't think they seek the relationship with BC (I have only read DD recently so how it is with Hawkeye I'm not a 100% sure). And i simply pointed out what was wrong with the BC and Spidey relationship since I don't think it was a writter issue but rater a matter of feelings (or rater lack of).

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

@darthfury78: Isn't Clint and Matt just guys that gets a lot on the side? Don't think they seek the relationship with BC (I have only read DD recently so how it is with Hawkeye I'm not a 100% sure). And i simply pointed out what was wrong with the BC and Spidey relationship since I don't think it was a writter issue but rater a matter of feelings (or rater lack of).

Roger Stern was the writer who initially began the relationship between Spider-Man x Black Cat. His original plans:

http://marvel1980s.blogspot.com/2011/03/never-let-black-cat-cross-your-path_18.html

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78 said:

@tupiaz said:

Roger Stern was the writer who initially began the relationship between Spider-Man x Black Cat. His original plans:

http://marvel1980s.blogspot.com/2011/03/never-let-black-cat-cross-your-path_18.html

Didn't that just confirmed what I said?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By darthfury78

@tupiaz said:

@darthfury78 said:

@tupiaz said:

Didn't that just confirmed what I said?

Yeah. But around that time, I really wished that Roger Stern had presented Peter and Felicia in their civilian setting. Also, I wished that Natasha had played a more active role in Spider-Man's world while Felicia could have hanged out with Daredevil.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I can't see it happening.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By saiyan_earthling

I can see it happening soon considering what Black Widow had said to Spider-Man in in 8th issue of SSM. Black Cat is going with Daredevil, so it's a very interesting swap to see. Another reason to that is due to the fact that she's one of the first few heroines to have taken an interest in Spider-Man besides Black Cat, and Silver Sable.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.