Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3719 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

Looks Like Emily Blunt Is Off Iron Man 2

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Fox Exec's stealing Black Widow away?
    Fox Exec's stealing Black Widow away?
    A lot of people seem to want Emily Blunt in the role of Black Widow in "Iron Man 2."  We know that it was questionable whether or not she would be able to do it because of a contract she had with Fox.  With the contract, she is basically forced to be in "Gulliver's Travels."  There was talk that maybe she could do both roles. 

Apparently on E!'s post Oscars show, Jon Favreau said she definitely won't be "Iron Man 2."  He also mentioned that Mickey Rourke hasn't been officially cast but that "he is a fan."  As to who is a fan of who, I'm not exactly sure. 

I still find this whole thing slightly humorous.  Fox is telling Blunt that she has to be in their movie.  She's stated she wants to do "Iron Man 2."  Fox has to know that.  By exercising their option with her, she could end up bitter and give a lackluster performance in "Gulliver's Travels."  I'm not sure what the potential for a sequel to Gulliver is but we know there's an Iron Man 3 and the Avengers movie that Black Widow could potentially appear in.  But as a 'professional' I suppose she'd want to give her best performance, regardless, right?

Favreau didn't mention anyone else (Eliza Dushku or Scarlett Johansson) being in the running.

UPDATE:

What's Emily Blunt's take on this?  She was recently interviewed by the Orlando Sentinel and said:
    "I'm okay," Blunt says with a sigh. "Because I just have to do this Fox movie, and it's fine and I'm gonna have fun. The whole beginning of the year has been rather dramatic, so I'd just rather go in with fresh eyes and know that I've made the right decision. You just don't know until it's all finished and done with, do you?"

Avatar image for the_morningstar
    The Morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Morningstar

Ya know don't know which one of those three I'd prefer to see in the black leather, its a tough choice.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Media_Master

I'll wait and find out

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

ahh hollywood gossip, gotta love it

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

I just updated this with a comment from Emily Blunt.  Look up.  No, not above you, up this thread.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AngelFrost

Noo Emily!
    Noooooooooooo
    =(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.