Iron Man 2- A Natasha Romanova without a Russian Accent?

#1 Posted by BaronVonDredd (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Our worst fears may have been realized. <:(

#2 Posted by Edamame (27987 posts) - - Show Bio

Da, tovareesh.

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@BaronVonDredd said:
" Our worst fears may have been realized. <:( "
I think she was hiding it and still is. Maybe her past as a Russian spy is something she's trying to keep secret.
#4 Posted by Fire-brand (2308 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe they took a little bit of arstistic license with an over-all fantastic film. i don't see how changing an accent is enough to freak out over. it's one of the best comic book adapations EVER and people are ripping on it over an accent? just let it go.

#5 Posted by Edamame (27987 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a good point actually. 

#6 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

It's actually realistic, you know. If you're a decent spy, chances are you're not gonna have a dead giveaway accent.

#7 Posted by Jake Fury (18166 posts) - - Show Bio

she rocked the part. I'm sure its all part of her SHIELD training. 

#8 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

It bugged me, but I got over it.

#9 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

I was fine without the moose-and-squirrel accent that so many actors fall back on.

#10 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" It's actually realistic, you know. If you're a decent spy, chances are you're not gonna have a dead giveaway accent. "
QFT
#11 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

i knew she'd screw it up, my god its scarlet johansen she was built to screw things up. SHE IS NOT AN ACTRESS she's a decent pair of breasts and bright eyes...and honestly i like her eyes more than her chest.

#12 Posted by Lady Nightmare (9103 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" It's actually realistic, you know. If you're a decent spy, chances are you're not gonna have a dead giveaway accent. "
QFT "
#13 Edited by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:

" i knew she'd screw it up, my god its scarlet johansen she was built to screw things up. SHE IS NOT AN ACTRESS she's a decent pair of breasts and bright eyes...and honestly i like her eyes more than her chest. "

She was actually very great at the role. And Happy Hogan agrees with the breast comment :P
#14 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Having an undercover spy act as an American with a Russian accent makes no sense at all, so I had no problem with it.

#15 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would have been much worse to make us suffer through Scarlett trying to do a Russian accent.

#16 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:
" I think it would have been much worse to make us suffer through Scarlett trying to do a Russian accent. "
QFT
#17 Posted by Assman (1836 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
"Having an undercover spy act as an American with a Russian accent makes no sense at all, so I had no problem with it. "

How can you go wrong with this answer! Someone with a dodgy russian accent placed as a spy to keep tabs on Tony Stark??? Yeah, that'll work.  People love to nit while they pick :-)
#18 Posted by Antigonist (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Natasha doesn't have an accent in the comics, that was established back in the seventies, when she talked about how hard she'd trained specifically so she wouldn't have one.  So they aren't screwing with continuity by omitting it.

#19 Posted by Phoenix XII (115 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69:
I complety agree, its like watching a car reck, you know you should look away, but you just cant stop watching!

I was so waiting & praying for the mose and squarl acent!!! it just what i always pictured
#20 Posted by BaronVonDredd (250 posts) - - Show Bio
@Antigonist:
Huh. I didn't know that. :I
#21 Posted by RussianRoulette (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlett is more than a pair of breasts, you are such a guy...
#22 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

I was not impressed with Black Widow in Iron Man 2
I thought Scarlett looked great in the costume and the fight scenes were totally cool, but Scarlett was just terrible ... she looked completely awkward and was like, a robot or something, she was so stiff.

They made a big mistake casting her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.