First Image Of Black Widow In Iron Man 2!

• 139 results
Posted by G-Man (34952 posts) - - Show Bio

Just the other day I was thinking how amazing it was that we have not seen a single image of Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow.  Filming for Iron Man 2 is just about complete.  With all the papparazzi and what not, you'd think someone would've captured her on camera.

It looks like an official image is coming. IESB was tipped off about Entertainment Tonight ran a story showing some brief images.  They're not the greatest images but it gives us an idea what to expect.

What do you think?

UPDATE: Check out the high resolution image!

Staff
#1 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not liking the Whiplash custume I'm hoping that was a protoype

#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

that hair is out of control

#3 Posted by Isis (113 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like a bad weave

#4 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Her face is too damn "light" looking.  Too "soft".  I was expecting a stronger faced actress to be honest.

#5 Posted by Scorpio91 (11 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
"Her face is too damn "light" looking.  Too "soft".  I was expecting a stronger faced actress to be honest. "

Thats the point she's suppose to be decieving! Looks innocent, but isn't.
#6 Posted by G-Man (34952 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm waiting for a better picture.  I know she did dye her hair before it was officially announced that she got the role.

Staff
#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scorpio91 said:
" @White Mage said:
"Her face is too damn "light" looking.  Too "soft".  I was expecting a stronger faced actress to be honest. "
Thats the point she's suppose to be decieving! Looks innocent, but isn't. "
that's not how Natasha's face is, she's all bone structure.
#8 Posted by Isis (113 posts) - - Show Bio

I love bone structure :]

#9 Posted by Scorpio91 (11 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: Yeah it's hard to tell if that's even her?!
#10 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

She's got Forrest Whitaker eye

#11 Posted by Isis (113 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO Where is she looking O_o

#12 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"@Scorpio91 said:
" @White Mage said:
Thats the point she's suppose to be decieving! Looks innocent, but isn't. "
that's not how Natasha's face is, she's all bone structure.
"
Thank you.  There was some Emily chick that would have nailed it for me. 
@Gambler said:
"She's got Forrest Whitaker eye "
I know.  One's like, winking.  And the other is like "BAM!"  Meanwhile, I'm like "Ok, I see you too, now narrow your eyes please.  You don't need to widen them in order to convince me that you can carry a role that requires you to be "mysterious"."

#13 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

LOOOOOOL

Emily Blunt?
#14 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
@Isis said:
" LMFAO Where is she looking O_o "
Thats the power of the Whitaker eye. You can scan two places simultaneously
#15 Posted by Darkchild (40677 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Isis said:
" LMFAO Where is she looking O_o "
Thats the power of the Whitaker eye. You can scan two places simultaneously "
Thats wrong in so many ways...yet unbelieveably hilarious

(replied)
#16 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"LOOOOOOL

Emily Blunt?
"
Yes.  And makeup would've sealed it.  She could also pull off big hair without looking like Raggedy Anne's slutty sister "Peaches".
#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE EMILY. Aside from her actually being able to act, she deserves a role that the world will learn her name from. 

#18 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"I LOOOOOOOOOOVE EMILY. Aside from her actually being able to act, she deserves a role that the world will learn her name from.  "
I don't understand these bitches that Marvel keeps hiring to cast their characters.  They give Jessica Alba SUE STORM, and give SCARLETT JOHANSSON (who WAS Invisible Woman) BLACK WIDOW?  Shameful.
#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

These movies have huge "nerd" followings, no need for stunt casting.

#20 Posted by Sick_j0k3 (209 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: Were those pics from your TiVo?

I'm not really digging Rourke's hair, it kind of makes his character look silly. Regardless, I have full faith in Robert Downey Jr's ability to make any movie amazing. Does anyone know what month in 2010 it's predicted to come out? 
#21 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"These movies have huge "nerd" followings, no need for stunt casting. "
I know.  And just look at Scarlett..............poor girl.  You know she dodges the sun.  The second that there is the slightest hint of exposure to them ultraviolet rays, the bitch is ashes.  However, of all creams to use in order to protect her delicate glue-colored skin, why in heaven's name did she choose "Arm & Hammer: WITH Baking Soda"?  Did no one inform her that it was merely a form of toothpaste?  The first one is already too much, but the second is just overkill.  Those images are like I'm staring at living spit. 
#22 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant believe how true to the comics Black Widow  looks. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" @pixelized said:
"These movies have huge "nerd" followings, no need for stunt casting. "
I know.  And just look at Scarlett..............poor girl.  You know she dodges the sun.  The second that there is the slightest hint of exposure to them ultraviolet rays, the bitch is ashes.  However, of all creams to use in order to protect her delicate glue-colored skin, why in heaven's name did she choose "Arm & Hammer: WITH Baking Soda"?  Did no one inform her that it was merely a form of toothpaste?  The first one is already too much, but the second is just overkill.  Those images are like I'm staring at living spit.  "
you're too much!
#24 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicCrazy said:
"

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant believe how true to the comics Black Widow  looks. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"
Your sarcasm makes me giggle.
#25 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized:  Too much?  Maybe.  Beyond Correct?  Hell yes.  Then, she had the AUDACITY to color them cheeks rose red.  It's like a Geisha that screws pigmies. 
#26 Posted by chrismatj (25 posts) - - Show Bio

u guys r just being picky!!! ugh!!! i think she looks great... and btw, the bone structure thing isnt true. there are different artists who draw her different ways.  y cant u guys just be nice and accept that she;s the black widow. who knows.... she could be great at this role. ppl werent sure if hugh jackman would be a great wolvie b4 the first x-men but look at him now! just give her a chance....

#27 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@chrismatj: He isn't a great Wolverine now.  He just looks unbelievably hot in leather pants and painted on Jeans.  Emily would have been better, and no one  can tell me different.  Scarlett was chosen because she is more popular.
#28 Posted by MrDirector786 (43582 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they change Whiplash's design. It's pretty bad if you ask me. As for Black Widow, she looks pretty good. Wish there were clearer images of them though.

#29 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

this was who was meant to play the black widow imo she looks a better fit but ill reserve judgement till the film is released

#30 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

As one of the biggest Iron Man fans ever, I have nothing bad to say about anything they've done so far in this film. An I'm kinda surprised to find so much whining here.

#31 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@jefprice said:
"As one of the biggest Iron Man fans ever, I have nothing bad to say about anything they've done so far in this film. An I'm kinda surprised to find so much whining here. "
Who's whining?
#32 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps complaining is a better word.

#33 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio
@chrismatj said:
" u guys r just being picky!!! ugh!!! i think she looks great... and btw, the bone structure thing isnt true. there are different artists who draw her different ways.  y cant u guys just be nice and accept that she;s the black widow. who knows.... she could be great at this role. ppl werent sure if hugh jackman would be a great wolvie b4 the first x-men but look at him now! just give her a chance.... "
Nuff Said.
#34 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

damn BW looks so hot.

#35 Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone STFU and enjoy it when the movie comes out.

#36 Posted by DorianOtten (47 posts) - - Show Bio

No offence to Scarlett but as white mage said her face is too soft looking. Slavic east european people tend to have a more striking profile not usually Scarletts soft, though yes it is cute, face. though i'm sure she could do a good job. Yes Emily Blunt would have been better aesthetically. kind of a shame really when you think of all the beautiful and talented east european actresses out there.

#37 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think Jennifer Garner would have been better.

#38 Posted by Anderson: Agent of SMITH (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she looks great. But what do you think that is Tony's wearing in the first pic?

#39 Posted by Minalu (2 posts) - - Show Bio

exellent!!!

#40 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Agree that Scarlett's face does appear soft, but since the image isn't entirely clear, will withhold judgment subject to uncontrollable sarcasm.

#41 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I added a high res image above.

#42 Posted by sora_thekey (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but that dosen't look like Scarlett Johnson.... IDK if it's because I'm use to seeing her blond but that does not look like her!!!

But this is cool we actually get to see an idea of what she will look like in the movie

#43 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

HELLZ YEAH!

#44 Posted by santeria_smith (304 posts) - - Show Bio

man... im seriously annoyed right now. 'doesn't look like her face, bone structure, east europeans have different faces.'damn just stfu. she's a good actress and i think she going to do a great job.

how many actors portray comic book characters that actually look just like them? hardly any. so stop criticizing her. shiiiiiit.. like a bunch of babiessss

#45 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

who needs the clarity, we all know what scarlett johanson looks like

#46 Posted by Pheeke (198 posts) - - Show Bio

i think scarlett should stick to blonde hair, so she can't play black widow, of course i'm not judging until i see it.

#47 Posted by G-Man (34952 posts) - - Show Bio

Another clearer image has been added:

Staff
#48 Posted by Rich-Man (101 posts) - - Show Bio

SHHWIIINGG!!

#49 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
"Another clearer image has been added:

"

These looks excatly like her! So all the jobbers out there can stop hating. you want to change ur image too, two words...........The Gym!

She looks HOTT (yes with 2 'T's)
#50 Edited by Nightwing23 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought she was going to play spider-woman? OH WELL!!! What The Heck!!! I don't care cause she's HOT!!! Natasha Romanoff is hotter than spider-woman any way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.