Emily Blunt Might Be Black Widow In Iron Man 2

Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio
We've heard the rumors that Black Widow and Hawkeye could be appearing in Iron Man 2.  The latest rumor floating around is Emily Blunt could be the top contender to play Natasha Rommanoff.  According to Variety:
Emily Blunt has emerged as the frontrunner to play the role of Natasha Romanoff in the "Iron Man" sequel. She's a Soviet super spy who doubles as Black Widow, a beauty in a skintight black costume that is enhanced by high-tech weaponry.
I haven't seen her in "The Devil Wears Prada" or "Charlie WIlson's War" so I can't say what her acting talents are like.  It's interesting that Samuel L. Jackson was talking about Marvel being hit by the recession and might not be able to afford to pay him to play Nick Fury.  Yet we know Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell have been in talks.  There was also the rumor of Tim Robbins being cast as Howard Stark.  It seems weird that they'd be willing to bring in all these other stars yet not want to have Sam Jackson, who had a cameo in the first movie.  Maybe there's more to that.

I want to know if Hawkeye will be in it and who will play him.  Let's get this movie production started already.
Staff Online
#1 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmmm... that could work
#2 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Hawkeye's in the next movie and they don't stuff up his character too much I'll be happy

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

EMILY BLUNT!!!

She was amazing in Devil wears Prada!

#4 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"EMILY BLUNT!!!

She was amazing in Devil wears Prada!"
Yeah she was pretty good...
#5 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"EMILY BLUNT!!!

Who was she? I haven't seen that movie in forever.
#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"pixelized said:
"EMILY BLUNT!!!

Who was she? I haven't seen that movie in forever."
She played... "emily." The girl that was training Anne Hathaway
#7 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

That's who I thought. Yeah, I guess she could play Black Widow.

#8 Posted by Sheep-Kill (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I can see that.  She has that deep English accicient so I think she can pull off a Russian voice.  But they can not mess up Mandarin.  They need an actor not to young but still in good shape but also has standout character.

#9 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

MMMMM i like her for this role but the problem is..... is she up to it..... can she pull the tough yet sexy look of Natasha???? Is she physically fit to do it all.... Does she look good in leather? So many questions to look after...

#10 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Especially that last one... that could be a deal breaker

Lol

#11 Posted by Desiderina Redhead (4413 posts) - - Show Bio

OH emily is a fantastic choice!!

she got the sass and the body! love it

#12 Posted by mrenb (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Interestink, very, very interestink...

#13 Posted by God's Son (31 posts) - - Show Bio

She could work.

#14 Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio
sora_thekey said:
"MMMMM i like her for this role but the problem is..... is she up to it..... can she pull the tough yet sexy look of Natasha???? Is she physically fit to do it all.... Does she look good in leather? So many questions to look after..."
Wonder if she'd dye here hair.  Hopefully they wouldn't try using a red wig.
Staff Online
#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

She was red in Devil Wears Prada... but i'm loving that chocolate on her.

#16 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

She's an excellent actress and would be great for the role. Though isn't the black widow Russian? She's British but that's what acting is all about being someone else. 

#17 Edited by TwilightThunder (246 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell, you guys wnat mandarin as the main villain for Iron Man 2!?!?!?!? What are you talking about, he's just out-dated and the origin of his power is just friggin' lame, if they're going to put Mandarin on the sequel, they need to put him as Kaizen Gamorra

Or else... I will not watch the movie

now, back on topic, Emily Blunt seems fit enough to play the role. Anyways, as G-Man said before, i'm hyped up for the Hawkeye guy, let's see who gets the role and which costume they put him on (i like the Ultimate one better, yet. The classic one is A CLASSIC

#18 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd do her....I mean She'll do.

#19 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio
Me likey, me likey a lot!

I guess she's okay looking...lol
#20 Posted by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

She has the looks to play the Black Widow but idk about her acting skills because i've never seen her act.

#21 Posted by Puck (90 posts) - - Show Bio

my question is can she pull off the russian accent and will to her hair.

#22 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

She can pull it off i think. Certainly the look's right.

#23 Edited by Tainted-Cell (299 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand this. The cast is in their forties/fifties with the exception of Gwyneth Paltrow. This has to be just a rumor, especially if they plan on having Natasha as a spy for the former SOVIET UNION. Emily Blunt is 25. The Soviet Union collapsed in 1991 - 18 years ago, making this possible Natasha 7 years old at the time of its dissolution.
No, they need to go with an older actress. Elizabeth Hurley, Uma Thurman, Emily Mortimer, Shawnee Smith.... Kelly Macdonald at the youngest.

Michael C Hall for Hawkeye :)

#24 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, GP is in this??

#25 Posted by Tainted-Cell (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, she is attached for three movies.... but then, so was Terrence Howard.

#26 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she could pull it off, but I do hope that they color her hair and do not use a wig... as for the age thing. That's what stasis if for right? :p lol

#27 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Tainted-Cell said:
"Yes, she is attached for three movies.... but then, so was Terrence Howard."
yeah i forgot she was Pepper.

eww, Red hair is awful on her, it washes her out. Black widow can be dark and lovely.
#28 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she could pull it off, and if not they could always give the character a little... upgrade, to better match

#29 Posted by BriClops (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Shell do just fine, but we are missing the best part, i mean sam jackson may not be in this. If this has any truth to it i could cry. i mean he sucks, he would just yell at tony, IRON MAN IM NICK FURY  IM FROM SHIELD WE WILL HELP YOU! ick, i really want them to ditch him he sucks, and is over priced.  Hawkeye, well he's a tough person but id like to see Nathan Fillion he's underated and pretty cool (firefly ). or maybe Kevin McKidd but meh dont really care as long as they  will for my sake boot samuel jackson

#30 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Marvel should give her a change to play as Black Widow. I'm wondering who will play as Manderan
the guy with the ten powerful rings,because he is the villain in the movie.

#31 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

only one thing i care about is that the movie better be awesome like the first and hawkeye would be cool to see.

#32 Posted by Jean-Paul_Beaubier (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Emily would be cool....but I'd much rather see Izabella Scorupco play Natasha.

#33 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah... Emily indeed is a Good Choice
#34 Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder if she'll take it if they try offering the $250,000 that Marvel allegedly offered Rourke and Jackson.

Staff Online
#35 Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio

UPDATE:

Uh oh.  Looks like she's doing "Gulliver's Travels" instead with Jack Black.  Hmmmm...wonder which will have the bigger box office sales?

Here's the DETAILS.
Staff Online
#36 Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio

Box office gold maybe but if Marvel is indeed only offering $250,000 (as allegedly was offered to Mickey Rourke), she might've been offered more for this.

Staff Online
#37 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"

UPDATE:

Uh oh.  Looks like she's doing "Gulliver's Travels" instead with Jack Black.  Hmmmm...wonder which will have the bigger box office sales?

Here's the DETAILS."
O.o wtf...... what an idiot
#38 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow there's another crap agent besides the one of Tom Weilling

#39 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Wow there's another crap agent besides the one of Tom Weilling"
what happened with TOm welling?
#40 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
"Nighthunter said:
"Wow there's another crap agent besides the one of Tom Weilling"
what happened with TOm welling?"
I heard his agent made him reject the role of Superman when it was offered to him for Superman Returns and chose Cheaper by the dozen 2

quality aside Superman is a bigger role than the entire roster of the other movie put together
#41 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio

@NH, omg your kidding?? he needs a new agent.. though they may have been trying to steer him away from being type cast.

@Esther, i agree.. that movie needed something more

#42 Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio

Being in Iron Man 2 would lead to Avengers and possibly Iron Man 3.  Her agents are trying to swing it so she can do both.  Maybe it'll work out.  It'd suck if FOX made her be in Gulliver's Travels.  Forcing an actor would cause them to give a crummy performance if they're not fully committed. 

And I'm not much of a Jack Black fan either.

Staff Online
#43 Posted by inferiorego (21111 posts) - - Show Bio

getting rid of the blank spot

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.