Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3719 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

Eliza Dushku Wants To Be Black Widow

• 63 results
    Darth Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Darth Balls

she's got the body but i can't really see her as that character. but then again i never thought Robert downy Jr would play iron man and he was like wicked amazing so it' might work.

Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Suigetsu

shes cool but not to play black widow.

Black widow has to be played by a russian actress, IMO.

Blowout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Blowout

i prefer emily blunt. she would be awesome. :]

Elixir95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54  Edited By Elixir95

Eliza Dushku is awesome.  Faith was one of my favourite characters in "Buffy/Angel", and the moment in season three where she tries to rape Xander :).  That was such a stand out moment, turning the role.  She can adapt into any role, and she would be the perfect fit for Black Widow, and would really like to see her in yet again, a leather outfit.

And I can't wait for "Dollhouse".  For several reason, one because it's Joss Whedon's new project and because it has some of my favourite actors, including Dushku and Amy Acker ("Angel") and Alan Tudyk (recently announced("Firefly")) and Mark Sheppard ("Firefly") and Felicia Day ("Buffy" and "Dr. Horrible") (so all other Joss Whedon projects).  And another reason I like it is because "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" is on after it, another one of my favourite shows.

I can't wait for "Dollhouse", but since I'm here in the UK, I have to wait 'til morning.  Damn!

Azrael0626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Azrael0626

I'm absolutely in love with Eliza and I'll watch anything she is in.  She is hot, has a smoking body and a bad ass attitude.  My perfect woman.

Elixir95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56  Edited By Elixir95

I just watched "Ghost", the first episode of Dollhouse, and man alive was it awesome!  Usually, when I watch something with an actor I've enjoyed in another project, I usually remember them, but Eliza made me completely forget about her previous projects.  She was able to sell the whole concept of the show, as was the entire cast (it was nice to see Olivia Williams acting, I've only ever seen her in "X-Men: The Last Stand" before this, and she wasn't in it much).

I'm a bit on edge about the illegality of it, and it didn't exactly come across as a illegal project, but I think that that was what Joss Whedon's trying to do, the serene dollhouse contrasting with its hardcore business clients.

Really impressed.

Skellex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Skellex

Hm. Eliza - hell yes!! But...maybe the girl from Hitman??

grkpektis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58  Edited By grkpektis

I love dushku she is a goddess.  I think she would be great as black widow

Echoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Echoes

She wouldn't do the character justice at all

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By Korg
    Echoes said:
    "She wouldn't do the character justice at all"
    She'd do more justice to Black Widow than Gwyneth Paltrow does as Pepper. Also better than Garner as Elektra, IMO. What makes you think she wouldn't do justice to the character?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    grkpektis said:
    "I love dushku she is a goddess.
    If Goddesses exist..I'm sure Eliza Dushku is the furthest thing from them.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#62  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Korg said:
    She'd do more justice to Black Widow than Gwyneth Paltrow does as Pepper. Also better than Garner as Elektra, IMO. 
    I agree.  The majority of the movie-going public wont know anything about Black Widow so you have to expect changes to be made as part of the adaptation.  But as she is already a fan & a capable actress then she's more likely to do the character justice than Jennifer Garner was as Elektra.  I'd rather see Eliza Dushku as Natasha than Scarlett Johansson (she'd be a better Yelena Belova).
    Java Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By Java Lad

Works for me

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By grimreaper1980

but it doesn't happen, which is sad because she is way sexier than scarlett johansen

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.