Do you want a Black Widow movie?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Zardu (345 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Do you want a Black Widow movie? (9 votes)

Yes, definitely 33%
Not necessary, but would be nice 44%
No 22%

Actually there should have been a movie before "The Avengers". But Black Widow is ideal for a solo movie. The Bourne Identity, James Bond and Triple X showed that agents make a good figure on the silver screen. In my opinion it is high time that Black Widow gets her own movie.

What do you think?

#1 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Just make a SHIELD: Black Ops movie. Hawkeye and Widow going out and taking care of business. Jeremy Renner finally gets his golden opportunity to shine as Hawkeye. They can finally get some backstory explanation through references to past jobs, and they can introduce some characters from the seedier side of the MCU that they haven't got a chance to mess with yet.

Say SHIELD has been tracking an assassin who appears to have superpowers of some sort, and wears a skull mask. Widow and Hawkeye are sent out to deal with him before he can hit his next target, a businessman named Danny Rand, and find out what he wants with him. They find the dude, get schooled, the assassin matching Widow's moves shot for shot and throwing in some Captain America style beatdown, while matching Hawkeye's marksmanship. The dude attacks Danny while Widow and Hawkeye are down and can't see, then retreats without killing him. SHIELD receives information that the assassin is going after another assassin named Elektra, but neither of their locations are known, so Hawkeye and Widow go after a Japanese clan known as the Hand, to interrogate them for Elektra's whereabouts.

Cue ninja fight scene.

Because ninja's are cool.

They manage to get one to squeal that Elektra has a target of her own. So they go to stop Elektra from getting her target to make her run so they can follow her til THEIR target tries to get her. Blah blah blah, spy stuff surveillance, preparation, etc. Elektra gets her target, the other assassin (Hell with it, I'm just going to call him Taskmaster) attacks her, cue four way brawl between Hawkeye, Widow, Elektra, and Taskmaster. Again, Taskmaster escapes without killing Elektra, while Elektra escapes after being wounded in her fight against the three of them.

Widow and Hawkeye due some spy work, discover that Taskmaster trains a great deal of henchmen/thugs, and locates one to interrogate for Taskmaster's whereabouts. Dude gives up the location of Taskmaster's training spot, they go to take him down, 'nother brawl, this time against Taskmaster's students, and they locate a computer that has data revealing Taskmaster has been tracking Wilson Fisk, the Kingpin. They go after Fisk right as Taskmaster attacks, again Widow, Hawkeye, and Taskmaster fight, this time, Widow and Hawkeye carefully plan their attacks to take down Taskmaster. SHIELD arrests Taskmaster, Kingpin congratulates the duo, they tell him to screw off, end movie after a briefing reveals that AIM is working on some sort of Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing, and that they've lost control.

After credits stinger shows Taskmaster locked up, breaking free of his restraints and stealing a communication device off a guard, with which he contacts Kingpin, and locates prototypes for Phase 2 weaponry, informing Kingpin that he has it.

WOW, I NEED TO STOP COMING INTO THREADS ABOUT MARVEL MOVIES.

#2 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really, I mean I like the character but she seems more like a B-lister supporting player as opposed to a headliner. 'Winter Soldier' is supposedly the whole espionage-thriller type Marvel movie at any rate.

#3 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

No. I don't like that she's becoming the female face of Marvel to the general public. I'd much rather see a woman with superpowers and a costume get some attention.

#4 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

No. I don't like that she's becoming the female face of Marvel to the general public. I'd much rather see a woman with superpowers and a costume get some attention.

This is why we need a Ms./Captain Marvel movie.

#5 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: She is a favourite of mine, and I'd love to see her get some respect, but only if they did it properly. I worry about favourite characters being portrayed badly.

#6 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: She is a favourite of mine, and I'd love to see her get some respect, but only if they did it properly. I worry about favourite characters being portrayed badly.

I can definitely understand. I am a Ghost Rider fans and his two movies were absolutely abysmal. Here's hoping Carol gets way better than that.

#7 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: I haven't read or seen any Ghost Rider, so I don't personally have an opinion, but I've heard nothing but bad things about the films. So yeah, hopefully we'll get something good for Carol, if it does happen.

#8 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: I haven't read or seen any Ghost Rider, so I don't personally have an opinion, but I've heard nothing but bad things about the films. So yeah, hopefully we'll get something good for Carol, if it does happen.

They are bad. Don't waste your time watching them.

I knew Bleeding Cool had a C2E2 rumor that Carol's solo run wasn't gonna be canceled cause she was supposedly getting a movie/Being in a future movie, but nothing was said at C2E2 so it could just be that: a rumor.

#9 Edited by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: I have heard rumours for quite a while now, but they could just be completely made up. The only thing I know about her series not being cancelled is that it was said by the editor(I think) in the letters page that it wasn't being cancelled, and that they had big plans for the series after The Enemy Within. The two issues after The Enemy Within are Infinity tie-ins, so hopefully there'll at least be another arc afterwards.

Sales have been low, and I do worry about it being cancelled, but hopefully Marvel will see that while it's not a big seller, it gets some very positive reponses. I've seen a lot of cosplayers and fan-art, and the fact that the Carol Corps exists suggests that the fans are dedicated.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.