Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3722 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

Black Widow May Not Have an Accent in Iron Man 2

chrismatj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chrismatj

Ms Johansson was also asked about the Russian origins of Black Widow in Iron Man 2, particularly whether she had an accent. The question of an accent has been raised by fans many times, so it's good to get a definitive answer.

She said: "She's covert, and I think that she blends in, it's not like she comes on to the scene and they're like 'Who's that Russian chick?'"

Clarifying that she didn't have a Russian accent, she added: "No, I think that would be a little bit of a dead giveaway, I don't know how covert you would be [if you had a Russian accent] but I would have [had one] if I had to."      

.. In case you hadn't heard...

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sparda

Makes sense.

Be a bit of a crummy spy/undercover agent if you couldn't hide your accent.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Sparda said:
    "Makes sense.  Be a bit of a crummy spy/undercover agent if you couldn't hide your accent. "
    I agree. Plus, she's a actress, I'm sure she'll have an accent in the movie, it's not that hard.
    chrismatj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chrismatj

True... I guess I didnt consider that factor.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

Hopefully the accent will come out if she gets mad or something once its all revealed and obvious. Scarlett would be even hotter than normal with a Russian accent.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Whatever.  Since she keeps saying she's "covert", I'm assuming/hoping that it will pop up eventually, and she's just not saying anything so that she doesn't give it away.........................................................if it doesn't pop up, I'm not going to be happy. 
    Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Chane

Makes sense, as long as it crops up properly at some point

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By carnivalofsins00

yeah, i understand shes covert and all but it has to come out some time. shes not covert from everyone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.