3-Minute Expert: Black Widow

• 68 results
#1 Posted by Freddy.Mercurial (152 posts) - - Show Bio

quite thorough G-Man!  u are def the Gold standard in terms of online comic book aficionados!  keep em comin'!   

#2 Posted by DEADPOOL (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

I like these. And I didn't know that she had a tendency to jump from guy to guy.

#3 Edited by --Black-Niger-- (29 posts) - - Show Bio

"Тут Русский дух! Тут Русью пахнет!"    -  That such a course was not, but it's nice that about Натусике told

#4 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Widow and Bucky as a team they're great together.Black Widow is such a great character she's skillful,smart and more than competent and a complete badarse.

#5 Posted by Re-rite (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Massively agree with Freddy and Deadpool, for someone who hasn't been reading comic books for that long its very useful to see where and how characters came about.  With the Black Widow in the new Iron Man 2 movie it will be nice to see if they include any mention about the Russian developed Super Soldier Serium as they have done with previous marvel movies like in The Incredible Hulk.  If the movies do not decide to follow her routes it will be interesting to see their take on her background, if it is revealed at all.

#6 Posted by MichaeltheFly (6555 posts) - - Show Bio

Great idea G-man, please do more, but could you do some of these videos about DC characters, Top Cow characters (like The Darkness) and other publishing companies.

#7 Posted by Lady_D_LV (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome... I learned things i didnt know at all! thanks G-man!
#8 Posted by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
@Michael the Fly: Next week's will be DC.
#9 Posted by goldenkey (2920 posts) - - Show Bio

love these
#10 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

I got to say I loved this one! 

I started reading Black Widow: Deadly Orign but wasn't as intrested as to read the whole series... I can tell because of the art that the animation was taken from tthat series... 
and yes you made me an expert! I didn't know Black Widow had been with Hercules, and that she had been married! 

Also, I always thought that Natasha didn't have powers, when was her "Super Soilder" persona revealed?
#11 Posted by jstarzyk (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice job.  I think they are making her more prominent because she's going to be hitting the big screen in Iron Man 2.

#12 Posted by NXH (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks G-Man! I knew nothing about black widow!

#13 Posted by SuperCoonce (374 posts) - - Show Bio

this chick likes to date... geez.

Staff
#14 Posted by Theansweris42 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

My bud at the comic book shop said she may be the last omega (right term?) trained SHIELD operative left after HAMMER take over.  Can I get a confirmed or denied?

#15 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3404 posts) - - Show Bio

I can say, I didn't realize Black Widow was such a player, but with that codename. It shouldn't be that surprising. Least they aren't dying. I laughed when I heard she dropped Daredevil to be an Avenger.

I like the connection to the Romanov family. That's a tale of tragedy on top of tragedy. It makes for a nice story base when you consider the inconsistencies revolving around the death of the members. Where is Rasputin? Besides filled with bullets. lol

#16 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

love your Alfred E. Neuman shirt.

#17 Posted by Benzo (619 posts) - - Show Bio

you gotta love black widow!! :D I am definitely getting her on-going series!!!

#18 Posted by MichaeltheFly (6555 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @Michael the Fly: Next week's will be DC. "
Can't wait to see with who the next 3 minutes expert is going to be with.
#19 Posted by robokungfu (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehhhh, she's no Molotov Cocktease.

#20 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperCoonce said:
" this chick likes to date... geez. "
Who said anything about DATE? Psykeee
#21 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say these are fast becoming my favourite of all the vids, as someone who knows a little bit a bout a lot of characters, it really helps to fill in the blanks without having to burrow through old comics and work out which ones to read to get the info!. 

Thanks Gman much appreciated... 

also is it just me or does Black Widow get around ;) lol

#22 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" @SuperCoonce said:
" this chick likes to date... geez. "
Who said anything about DATE? Psykeee "
spits drink lol
#23 Posted by MysterioMaximus (927 posts) - - Show Bio

GREAT SERIES IDEA! I'll confess, I didn't know all that much about Black Widow. She um...she's been around, huh? Marvel's village bicycle, every superheroe's had a ride.

#24 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@MysterioMaximus: 
passed around more than a cold plate of beans at 
a coal miners convention..or, um. thats what her bio 
in the Handbook says.
#25 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt said:
"Where is Rasputin?"

With Kitty!
#26 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3404 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey:  
I knew Colossus's last name, but didn't realize they were actually basing him as being the decedent of THE Rasputin. So basically, Colossus' ancestor was responsible for the death of Black Widow's. Providing the lineage of her bloodline being that of the Romanov family of Nicholas II is true. Though the fact she doesn't bleed out at the slightest wound might be a clue. lol Though perhaps her super soldier serum also cured that mutant gene of the Romanovs. Steve Roger's cured his lame body.
#27 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt said:
" @sora_thekey:   I knew Colossus's last name, but didn't realize they were actually basing him as being the decedent of THE Rasputin. So basically, Colossus' ancestor was responsible for the death of Black Widow's. Providing the lineage of her bloodline being that of the Romanov family of Nicholas II is true. Though the fact she doesn't bleed out at the slightest wound might be a clue. lol Though perhaps her super soldier serum also cured that mutant gene of the Romanovs. Steve Roger's cured his lame body. "

In the Ultimate U this was addressed.  
There was a mini where the Black Widow and Colossus are 'butting heads' ;)
#28 Posted by woopapa (37 posts) - - Show Bio

another great job guys

#29 Edited by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

dame she gets around  

i did not know about hawkeye  or  hercules 

How old is she ?  like mid 60 or what?
#30 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@bergquist said:
" dame she gets around   i did not know about hawkeye  or  hercules  How old is she ?  like mid 60 or what? "
Herc is just mandatory in the Marvel U, like Tony Stark

#31 Posted by bksnacker (2 posts) - - Show Bio

wow this is pretty sick. i really knew nothing about black widow before, but i knew whatsup now

#32 Posted by ninjasquirrel01 (85 posts) - - Show Bio

The video looks a lot nicer, but the graphics were less humorous. 
Still a great video and I am much more informed about Black widow now.

#33 Edited by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

she loves to jump from guy to guy... I wouldnt be surprised if she had std's already. Marvel scancs.

#34 Edited by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEADPOOL:  Told ya, DP missed a bullet there, fiuff.
#35 Posted by Lawton (37 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason, this weeks videos are being really jittery. So frustrating :(

#36 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how you lay out the time line in their real time, and not when the ideas in the comic where brought up, for example her relationship with Bucky when he was a brainwashed Russian Assassin.  That wasn't revealed, I am assuming till Bucky was brought back.  So that is cool laying the time line out like that.

#37 Posted by courtney12490 (3418 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArtisticNeedham said:
"I love how you lay out the time line in their real time, and not when the ideas in the comic where brought up, for example her relationship with Bucky when he was a brainwashed Russian Assassin.  That wasn't revealed, I am assuming till Bucky was brought back.  So that is cool laying the time line out like that. "

i agree, it makes the character's history a lot less convoluted for the casual reader, or for one who doesn't know the history that well
#38 Posted by Mbecks14 (2029 posts) - - Show Bio

Daaaam. Girlfriend gets aroound!

She did have a thing with Iron Man too right?

#39 Edited by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of Black Widows backstory was developed much later. Originally, she was an enemy operative and did not wear the catsuit that has since become a staple. Her first costumes were the femme fatale haute couture little black dress or evening gown, suggestive of The Black Canary and The Blonde Phantom, and another, more reminiscent of The Black Canary, with mask and fishnets. 

Largely, too, she exists in The MU because Marvel needed a Black Canary, and a femme fatale. Black Widow was a counter to Black Canary of The DCU. 

And, technically speaking, to be wholly honest, Black Canary can kick Black Widows ass around the equator a few times before breakfast. 

Black Canary is in a whole other ballpark. 

#40 Posted by Subject 30 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

She gets around a bit.

#41 Posted by kitsuneconundrum (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Im afraid that most of comic's heroines would just mostly be about jumping from 1 relationship to another.

#42 Posted by VenomMagus (189 posts) - - Show Bio
Its funny, because BW is like a side-line or background character in my eyes, and (sadly) the 3-min expert only verified that in my eyes.  I REALLY hope the new mine she's go makes her into a more frontline gal, instead of skulking in the shadows of "real" heroes.
#43 Posted by Ryonslaught (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

Man! she gets around doesn't she ? lol

#44 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7966 posts) - - Show Bio

Blyme, I had no idea she was that complicated

#45 Posted by harleyquinnhawkgirl (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you soooo much for doing a 3 minute expert on Black Widow. She is my number 5 favorite super hero. She is awesome! =)
#46 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

So, we discovered that's she's been around :P 

I kid, I kid, nice Im an expert :D Yay! :D

#47 Posted by comiccalifeen (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol @ people callin her out on "jumpin guy to guy"...being in 3 different relationship thur out your life does not make you into someone whos "been around"....when did this site go back in time to 1920's?    

#48 Posted by Fenrir085 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

She is truly a goddess, and scarlett johansson did a great job as black widow.

#49 Posted by matzeoes (13 posts) - - Show Bio

one of my favourite girls in all of comics. thanks for that feature.

#50 Posted by KumoriKunoichi (588 posts) - - Show Bio

She seriously goes from guy to guy a lot :o

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.