madeinbangladesh's Black Widow #1 - Raison D'etre review

WIDOW'S PEAK (Black Widow #1)

I never read anything significant that involved Natasha Romanova before. From what I've read, she was always associated with the Avengers, and I really didn't care much about her. I had the same perception about Hawkeye until I started read Matt Fraction's Hawkguy. Now, Clint Barton is one of my favorite character! This is also a good sign that great things are ahead for Natasha in 2014!

Writers can make or break characters, and Nathan Edmondson did a great job writing the character of Black Widow. I connect with characters and comics that deal with real-life and personal matter. That's why I enjoy Hawkguy so much. Looks like we are going to a get a nice glimpse of Black Widow's personal life. She also has a pet just like Pizza Dog! Can't wait until that Black Cat gets its own issue! Phil Noto's art was also superb. The colours matches Noto's art style perfectly.

This was a promising start, and I really enjoyed the story. I'm looking forward to seeing more! This makes me even more excited for Nathan Edmonson's Punisher series coming February! This was going to give it 8, but I'm going with 8.5/10! ( I don't usually give #1 very high scores because the story doesn't grab me right away, but Black Widow has my attention:)

Posted by AllStarSuperman

nice review, i think i might pick this up

Online
Posted by WaveMotionCannon

This looks to a good start for Ms. Romanov.

The art is fantastic and the writings not far behind it , sharp and smart and Natasha's internal monologue shows how badass and regretful she is. I'm looking forward to this book being around for awhile.

nice review, i think i might pick this up

def should check it out.

This looks to a good start for Ms. Romanov.

me too.

Posted by korghano

@madeinbangladesh, Great to hear all the positive reviews (Bag and Bored's review was glowing as well). I haven't picked up a Marvel comic in a long while, but I might just bite...

@korghano said:

Def should pcik it up and give it a try.

Posted by lykopis

I am so happy you enjoyed this! Yay!

@lykopis said:

I am so happy you enjoyed this! Yay!

yep. Has a lot of potential!