Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3341 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Would BP/Storm fans follow Batwing/Vixen?

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PassionFlower

Recently I have become intrigued with this pairing. I think DC would strike a gold mine with disaffected BP/Storm fans if they put these two together. This would make me pick up this book immediately. Make it happen DC.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BlackWind

Why should they? I don't follow Batwing, but this sounds like another pointless token black relationship.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PassionFlower

@BlackWind said:

Why should they? I don't follow Batwing, but this sounds like another pointless token black relationship.

Obviously with those sentiments you shouldn't.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PassionFlower

So, for those of us who want to see and support our images and the representation of our relationships in all aspects of the media would YOU be interested? I don't think it is a trivial thing nor am I apologetic to the fact that I think the fullness of our lives matter and are stories deserving to be told.

tiger26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tiger26

hmm I gotta see some interaction first would be great to see here in bating sin jli is no more but i am insterested to see it

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PassionFlower

@tiger26: I think she would be a great addition to his book. She is not being used, she is from the continent. She returns because she is needed. I loved Vixen since JLU.

tiger26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tiger26

@PassionFlower: yeah I would like to see her in batwings book too I've liked her since jlu too

wisesonAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wisesonAC

honestly,if they make it natural then possibly. i hate paring that are together just "because." they both are from the same continent so that is a start i guess. since jli is cancelled she can make some appearances in his book and hopeful the chemistry is there. also alot depends on the writer.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I don't really read DC, but I would follow this............but mainly because of Vixen

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PassionFlower

@White Mage: It stuns me that after her and Shayera's profiles were raised so much with JLU they didn't do anything with them. I love both of them and at least Shayera is back alive again.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Blood1991

I don't feel like it would work nor after seeing how Storm and Black Panther "both higher profile characters" relationship flopped should they try it. However a team up would be awesome. Vixen doesn't get enough exposure.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@PassionFlower: @Blood1991:

I loved her to death in Justice League unlimited

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By SoA

@PassionFlower: Vixen is waaaay too good for Batwing DC needs to set her up with Icon

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By fodigg

Other than the connection each character has to the continent of Africa, what makes this comparison notable? Vixen and Storm I can kind of see some personality similarity with, but BP and Batwing? They are very different characters.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Blood1991

@White Mage: She was awesome in her time in the JLA, but she always seemed overshadowed :/, but that is often the fate of newer members or less iconic members. Even in her own mini she felt a little shadowed. I still really like her though ^_^

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PassionFlower

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage: She was awesome in her time in the JLA, but she always seemed overshadowed :/, but that is often the fate of newer members or less iconic members. Even in her own mini she felt a little shadowed. I still really like her though ^_^

She was overshadowed in her mini, that was madness.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PassionFlower

@fodigg: it's a comic book, what connection do Superman and Wonder Woman have? All this stuff is made up. Every story there is, is made up and EVERY pairing there is comes from the mind of some writer who decided to put them together. I think his title would benefit from showcasing her and she would benefit and they would benefit. Let a little chemistry grow...

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By fodigg

@PassionFlower said:

@fodigg: it's a comic book, what connection do Superman and Wonder Woman have? All this stuff is made up. Every story there is, is made up and EVERY pairing there is comes from the mind of some writer who decided to put them together. I think his title would benefit from showcasing her and she would benefit and they would benefit. Let a little chemistry grow...

I'm asking why you feel these two characters are comparable to storm and bp. What parallels do you see between them that makes this a good alternative?

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PassionFlower

Ah good question :) I think what got me thinking along those lines is that people I know that read BatWing tell me it was how they wanted the BP series to be written. I love Vixen and it struck me how she is just being wasted. Are they comparable to BP and Storm...I don't know but romantic or not she would be a good fit traveling back to Africa and being involved in a case of his and becoming a recurring character. BP is Batman-like and Vixen has a mystical goddess flair to her as does Storm. And I feel cheated the way Marvel ended BP and Storm and I'd love to give someone else my money to show it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.