Will Smith as Black Panther: What do you think?

• 141 results
#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, since we're already hearing that Marvel may possibly be making a Black Panther film as one of the 2 films projects ( I actually know it will come but the question is when since Marvel has been making films for comic chaith their own ongoing solo comics. ) that will come out soon, I was thinking Will Smith could definitely act well and he has a lot of fans worldwide so why not him?

So what do you think guys if Will Smith will play as the Black Panther?

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll pass.

#3 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

he is a really good actor, i think he can be a good BP, but if they do the marriage with storm, i don't see will smith with halle berry, the look weird together >.<

#4 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

That'd be terrible

#5 Posted by The Stegman (20853 posts) - - Show Bio

If Halle can pass as Storm, Will can pull off Panther.

#6 Posted by jhazzroucher (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtGamer said:

he is a really good actor, i think he can be a good BP, but if they do the marriage with storm, i don't see will smith with halle berry, the look weird together >.<

You think so?

#7 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#8 Posted by Superguy0009e (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

That'd be terrible

@Kallarkz said:

No

@Mercy_ said:

I'll pass.

#9 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@ArtGamer said:

You think so?

well i never liked halle berry as storm in x-men movies, she is lame >.> in the comics storm is a fearless and strong, in the movies she is just pose, white eyes, lighting fall, repeat... :/ will be good if they change the actress

#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtGamer said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@ArtGamer said:

You think so?

well i never liked halle berry as storm in x-men movies, she is lame >.> in the comics storm is a fearless and strong, in the movies she is just pose, white eyes, lighting fall, repeat... :/ will be good if they change the actress

so if Will will play as BP, which actress would you want to play as Storm?

#11 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, no, nah, aboso-fuggin-lutely NO!!! Will's a great actor, but this role just isn't for him.

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

In the words of the Fresh Prince himself "Hell Nah."

#13 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7500 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrong actor for the job.

#14 Posted by Illuminatus (9411 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that if you want audiences to take the character seriously, you can't cast Will Smith.

#15 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@ArtGamer said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@ArtGamer said:

You think so?

actors and actress are not my strong point, but must be a long hair actress, i like long hair storm x3

#16 Posted by longbowhunter (5864 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

#17 Posted by jhazzroucher (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtGamer said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@ArtGamer said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@ArtGamer said:

You think so?

actors and actress are not my strong point, but must be a long hair actress, i like long hair storm x3

I agree with you. I actually only love seeing Halle as Storm on the first film because her hair was long. : )

#18 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Jai White or Idris Elba...that is all.

#19 Edited by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemist_ said:

Michael Jai White or Idris Elba...that is all.

not bad :)

idris elba i read something in the forums about he as thanos

but Michael jai, i searh him in google and he can be a good BP

#20 Posted by jhazzroucher (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, Should Will Smith's skin look darker if ever he'll play as Black Panther?

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

By the way, Should Will Smith's skin look darker if ever he'll play as Black Panther?

It doesn't matter what his skin color is. Will just doesn't have the acting chops to play Black Panther and pull it off.
#22 Posted by jhazzroucher (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

It doesn't matter what his skin color is. Will just doesn't have the acting chops to play Black Panther and pull it off.

well, BP's skin is darker than Storm's.

Will can do it. He can look as serious as BP.

#23 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: you got a point there, will smith is no dark enough, plus a point i don't like about will smith is, his face is not strong as BP face

#24 Posted by SavageDragon (2173 posts) - - Show Bio

Idris Elba. This guy would make a way better T'challa. Will Smith doesnt look African at all!!

#25 Posted by jhazzroucher (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon said:

Idris Elba. This guy would make a way better T'challa. Will Smith doesnt look African at all!!

lol. : )

and Will looks as good as BP.

@ArtGamer said:

@jhazzroucher: you got a point there, will smith is no dark enough, plus a point i don't like about will smith is, his face is not strong as BP face

they can always make Will look darker. and like i said earlier, Will can try to look more serious.

#26 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Will Smith isn't that good of an actor, honestly.

#27 Posted by SavageDragon (2173 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Why would they go to the trouble of making Will smith look Darker when Will Smith isnt the right choice for the role. Hes a 40 something year old actor that is still personified by "Aww hell nahh" "or damnn gurl you like fly" or "in west Philadelphia born and raised!" I mean he is a fine actor (Seven pounds and Pursuit of Happiness i thought were his best performances) But even watching a serious action role of his like I am legend I still thought of him telling his dog to "stop playin" or get jiggy with it lol. Plus when you use big stars to play certain roles it becomes more about them and less about the movie or character. Case in point: are you gonna see that new Tom Cruise movie, I dunno are you gonna see the new Brad Pitt movie? Will Smith is one of the best known actors in Hollywood. Dont do that to T'challa.

#28 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

Never ! there are too many good black actors out there that would actually do the character real justice! Wesley Snipes is probably the best candidate.

#29 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Will Smith is a clown, and shouldn't portray any Marvel characters. Wesley Snipes fits the role better than anyone !

#30 Posted by Brutal Wolverine (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

She didn't.

#31 Posted by jhazzroucher (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brutal Wolverine said:

@The Stegman said:

She didn't.

Halle definitely passed as Storm especially the first x-film cos she really looked like Storm. Her scripts were just not good.

@SavageDragon said:

@jhazzroucher: Why would they go to the trouble of making Will smith look Darker when Will Smith isnt the right choice for the role. Hes a 40 something year old actor that is still personified by "Aww hell nahh" "or damnn gurl you like fly" or "in west Philadelphia born and raised!" I mean he is a fine actor (Seven pounds and Pursuit of Happiness i thought were his best performances) But even watching a serious action role of his like I am legend I still thought of him telling his dog to "stop playin" or get jiggy with it lol. Plus when you use big stars to play certain roles it becomes more about them and less about the movie or character. Case in point: are you gonna see that new Tom Cruise movie, I dunno are you gonna see the new Brad Pitt movie? Will Smith is one of the best known actors in Hollywood. Dont do that to T'challa.

I think it's fine if people will say " are you going to watch Will Smith's film?" cos his role as BP will live with him forever . Well BP will not die, BP will still continue to live in comics and when another BP film will be made, future people will know that Will was the original BP actor.

#32 Posted by X35 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

No
#33 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Fine with me.

@jhazzroucher said:

He couldn't pull that off if he tried.

#35 Posted by AweSam (7120 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

NO.

#36 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11756 posts) - - Show Bio

F;($ no.

#37 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

No way, he should not be in any superhero movie. Hancock was bad enough.

#38 Posted by jhazzroucher (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

Never ! there are too many good black actors out there that would actually do the character real justice! Wesley Snipes is probably the best candidate.

if you'll think about it, even Christian Bale never looked like Bruce Wayne

#39 Posted by TDK_1997 (13739 posts) - - Show Bio

People won't take BP seriously if Will Smith palys T'Challa.

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@TDK_1997 said:

People won't take BP seriously if Will Smith palys T'Challa.

Will Smith probably wouldn't even do it if he was asked anyway.
#41 Edited by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

this is the only guy that can pull it off in my book. sorry will you cant play stoic.

#42 Posted by GTG12 (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

If they were to do a story on BP. Then denzel washington would be an amazing black panther. It would have to be T'challas dad though.

#43 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: looking like her is one thing, selling it another.

#44 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion said:

this is the only guy that can pull it off in my book. sorry will you can play stoic.

Djimon Hounson pulling off Black Panther is a stretch, between his age and his lack of action films...I don't see it. I assume you'd only be choosing him because he's African.
#45 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

That'd be absolutely terrible

#46 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even want to think about him playing Black Panther. I still say Michael Jai White should play T'Challa.

#47 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: He'd make a good T'Chaka tho

#48 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: hes african? didnt know that. i chose him because he was awesome in blood diamond. and if arnold can still hold a shotgun, then djimon can be BP.

#49 Posted by Nefarious (17625 posts) - - Show Bio

That wouldn't be a good idea. Black Panther is a serious character and deserves a serious actor. 

#50 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonAvenger: yeah but he doesnt really have the acting chops.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.