Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3342 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Who should be Black Panther's Antagonist in his solo film?

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Who should be Black Panther's Antagonist in his solo film?

No Caption Provided

As many Black Panther fans/observers know, his rogues’ gallery is not very impressive. I thought of two possible scenarios for a Black Panther Movie: one where Marvel Studios/Disney keeps his rights and one where Marvel sells his rights to Fox.

I was thinking in the first scenario, that maybe his villain should be a villain/villains of the Avengers like Red Skull (I assume he didn’t actually die in “The First Avenger”) Baron Zemo, or Taskmaster because they all possess the intelligence and skills to pose a serious threat to Black Panther and Wakanda and it would easily lead to an Avengers tie in. Also, if the Black Panther solo movie did well, it would be pretty awesome to see a Marvel version of a "World's Finest" movie where Black Panther teamed up with either Captain America. I think both would make fascinating stories. Both Black Panther and Captain America are symbols of their respective nations and it would be interesting to see how SHEILD would embrace an isolated nation as powerful and advanced as Wakanda and it would be fun to see Cap and T’Challa kick butt together. I think the interaction between Stark and T’Challa would also be interesting since they share technologically advanced and genius level intellect trait. I’d also enjoy seeing the dynamic between the somewhat care free Iron Man and Black Panther, since he has to deal with both being a superhero and running an entire nation.

No Caption Provided

I know that it is very unlikely that Marvel/Disney would sell Fox the rights to Black Panther, but I think this would actually be the best solution for the fans’ sake. The Marvel Cinematic Universe has access to so many characters, that I worry that Black Panther wouldn’t get the same level as shine that he would get at Fox. Fox currently has the X-Men and Fantastic Four. I loved “X-men”, “X2”, X-men: First Class” and “The Wolverine” (NOT Origins), so I would not tinker around too much with that franchise. The Fantastic Four on the other hand, has not achieved the same level of financial and critical success. Dr. Doom is arguably Marvel’s greatest villain (Magneto is up there too), but I don’t have much of a desire to see another Fantastic Four vs. Dr. Doom movie since I have already seen that twice in the last 10-12 years (and the movies just weren’t that great). The Black Panther has a long history with the Fantastic Four in the comic book universe and would work in their cinematic universe. Furthermore, I think Dr. Doom is the perfect villain for Black Panther. In some aspects, Black Panther is the heroic reflection of Dr. Doom. Both are rulers of their respective nations and possess diplomatic immunity, both are among the most intelligent beings on planet earth, and both utilize technologically/mystically enhanced armor. This is an extreme long shot, but a Dr. Doom/Latveria vs. Black Panther/Wakanda/Fantastic Four movie has epic potential.

No Caption Provided

Your Thoughts?

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

dr. doom vs. Black Panther i would be great for a battle on film. i've always thought they should make bp a bada** warrior like Riddick cunning, tough & unpredictable.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GrenadeFlow

Man-Ape then Klaw in the sequel. It should go like it did in EMH

Loading Video...

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i hate -man ape terrible character. i rather see Erik killmonger than him.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Isn't Klaw meant to be his antagonist?

Either that or have Namor just to annoy Fox :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.