Ultimate Panther

#1 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

The "Ultreatment" is supposed to streamline/update 616 characters. I Think the main elements of a character are powers,personality and position should be researched and one of them altered for a fresh dynamic take on a 616.

For BP I think his powers should be tweaked: tech,cunning,physique,and spirituality.

after taking the heart shaped herb BP's spiritual senses and physical prowess should be augmented to reflect the cunning he exhibits in 616.

Spiritual Senses:

Aura Read: an ability to see the aura of an individual that reads like a dossier; power level(approximate), power type, alignmet, physical/mental health, species.

Precog: when in a meditative state he recieves flashes of the future. With a personal effect he can focus on future of an individual

Senses; Night vision, enhanced olfactory and hearing

Physique: BP augmented physiology should go beyond peak human to low level superhuman. Specifically his agility,reflexes,speed,and strength should parallel an exceptional example of the cat he's named after.

Skillz: same as 616 but emphasize Wakandas culture: traditions, innovations, invetions, history.

Wakanda's rare resource vibranium should be used in imagnitive ways. BP should be to vibranium what Willy Wonka is to chocolate. Prove why Wakanda is the most technologically advanced nation in the world.

Thats my Ultimized BP, guaranteed to be five steps ahead of everyone else and look cool as he does it.

What do you think? How do you want your Ultimate BP?

Post Edited:2007-03-21 07:17:22
Post Edited:2007-03-21 07:18:49

#2 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang Sling Shot no one wants Black Panther in the Ultimate Universe.

#3 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I know what will get the Vine involved Sling Shot. If you ask the guestimated bra size of their favorite super blonde/redhead and how flat her but is.

Thats foolproof.
Post Edited:2007-04-19 01:18:49

#4 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Sling Shot says:
"Oh well, same thing was happening to Bishop in the X forum."

If Captain America doesn't even like Bishop, then why would anyone here?"

I'm here and I like him. And up until a couple of years ago i hated Captain America, until Ult Cap came out and the 616 felt the heat and stepped it up.

#5 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#6 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh well, same thing was happening to Bishop in the X forum.

Hey, Sling Shot I'm starting to notice a pattern with the lack of responses to your questions. Do you think it's because you choose bad or unpopular characters to ask the Vine about?

#7 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know Sling Shot, you could be right. Maybe if I ask what haircolor Gambit should wear at the MTV awards this year or what brand of ointment Punisher uses to protect his skin from gunpowder burns I'll get more responses.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Oh well, same thing was happening to Bishop in the X forum."

If Captain America doesn't even like Bishop, then why would anyone here?

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just joking man. I like him too, just don't have much to say about him.

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

I posted this in another thread about "ultimizing" characters, but I figured I should post it here since it's about BP and it's really just building of what you wrote.

The powers and stuff are great, but I think changing his story some could be cool for the ultimate universe. Instead having him be an adult, he could be a teenage (Spider-Man age) version of BP and he's in America as part of his training and education before becoming king, and his costumed identity would be a secret, not just how he normally is in like in 616. Maybe he'd sneak out at night and be Black Panther because he liked the american super heroes. And then later they could have him be a little older, or maybe just have him become king after his father dies (later in life obviously, and not when he was a child like in the main MU) and he'd be more serious, like Priest's version of BP. He'd be all about politics and protecting his kingdom and less about costumed, superhero stuff. Then he could have some problems with the Ultimates, maybe see them as a threat to his kingdom, and then see where that goes. Maybe take up his old costume again and join the team as a hero (he could make up a fake identity so they wouldn't know he was T'Challa) pretending to like them, but really just there to spy on them, and in public, as king T'Challa, still be against them.

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd seen this picture before, but I didn't know it's (allegedly) Ultimate Black Panther.

I also read some talk about Ult. BP being in Ultimates 3.

#12 Posted by Seoul Trane (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping BP would be introduced in FF like in the 616, mainly because I really like Carey's Ultimizing thus far as well as Ferry's. The Joe Mad Jeph Loeb Ultimates I gotta admit I am skeptical. They are both great creators but I feel they might be arrogant and think whatever they create will be exceptional and throw away the thematic continuity thus far.

The BP with spiked knucks. Yeah... I don't know yet. I like your idea about young BP. That would be a cool unseen side of BP.

#13 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther deserves to be Ultimized. He's a character that share so much in common with so many superheroes, yet still manages to come across as unique and fresh. I hope he is in Ult 3.

#14 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimately I was underwhelmed by the introduction of Ultimate BP...:(

#15 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sling Shot said:
" Ultimately I was underwhelmed by the introduction of Ultimate BP...:( "
Two years? dude?
#16 Posted by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Ultimate Black Panther, his orgin is cool to me.    

#17 Edited by Omega-level Supreme (1159 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sling Shot said:

Physique: BP augmented physiology should go beyond peak human to low level superhuman. Specifically his agility,reflexes,speed,and strength should parallel an exceptional example of the cat he's named after."

Wow this is an entertaining thread Sling Shot, I love your monologue with yourself. 

Anyway, if you didn't know Panthers are not a separate specie of themselve. They are either melanistic (meaning nearly all black) Leopards or Jaguar's. The prowess of these animals don't actually stray to far from what "peak humans" are rated to do.  A leopard can haul 3 times it's own body weight up trees, weighing roughly 200 lbs --- that would enable it to lift around 600 lbs --- but it can kill animals weighing almost a ton. The Jaguar, on the other hand can kill and carry prey approximately 4 times it's own body weight, weighing about the same as the leopard, granting strength sufficient enough to muscle 800 lbs. Although the jaguar is pound for pound king of the Big Cats in terms of strength, I found the other feats of the leopard to be more impressive. The leopard can run sprints between 37 and 40 mph and make standing leaps of 20ft high and over 50ft long. The leopard is also very adaptible, as it can be found living in the most diverse environments and terrains such as snow, jungle, desert, savanna, trees, mountains and even near human settlements. The leopard is the only member of the Big Cat who is very likely to attack it's assailant if it is wounded. In addition to the afformentioned, the leopard is a powerful swimmer and climber --- clearly the best when it comes to the Big Cats. 

Contrary to what one may gather from metafiction legends, while animals in the Pantera family possess superhumanly acute senses of smell (or olfaction as you so eloquently put it), Cat's mainly rely on the senses of sight and hearing above all, especially when hunting. Peace. 

Edit: One more thing, I really like your ideas of Ultimizing BP.
#18 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega-level Supreme: Thnx buddy for the info and the kudos..:)
#19 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sling Shot: @Darkchild:  LOL
#20 Edited by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sling Shot:
Well I like Ultimate Panther's origin. I didn't see Weapon X coming out of left field. The whole mute thing could work in his favor, think Snake Eyes. I think he's been getting the snub recently though.
#21 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the ULT Black Panther. The ULT of any character should be more cool that the original, and this one is most definitely not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.