Thoughts on Black Panther Annual-Black to the Future.

#1 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

So what did everyone think?

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone feel some type of a way about this annual?

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

What I told Gambler: Read it but was kinda disappointed. First, it's a BP story but we see very little BP (T'Challa does very little and all the current Panther does is jump around some and hold the ceremony). Also, it was a story a about the future, but the majority of it was a history lesson, and the stuff in the present was nothing but a marriage that I don't care about and really has no impact at all since it's basically a "What If?". Maybe I went into it expecting the wrong thing though. I did like the frogs and meeting King Solomon.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"What I told Gambler: Read it but was kinda disappointed. First, it's a BP story but we see very little BP (T'Challa does very little and all the current Panther does is jump around some and hold the ceremony). Also, it was a story a about the future, but the majority of it was a history lesson, and the stuff in the present was nothing but a marriage that I don't care about and really has no impact at all since it's basically a "What If?". Maybe I went into it expecting the wrong thing though. I did like the frogs and meeting King Solomon."

See I went in thinking it was going to be some epic Black Panther story and what I was given was a what if where apperently it is destined that in order for Wakanda to be safe and for all heroes and Wakandans to be happy Iron Man has to die and T'Challa's son has to marry Danielle Cage.I cannot understand why that marrige or Storm and Black Panther's marrige is so special.At the end there was some ridiculous ass people at that wedding.C'mon Ghost Rider? Silver Surfer? Do they really care what happens in Wakanda.That history lesson was poorly written..All the dialouge was pretty bad in general.On top of all that T'challa didn't buss nobodie's ass which is my point of reading his books.Oh and Storm has offically taken over.

#5 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked it. But I'm not at all fimilar with BP anyway so...

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I actually liked it. But I'm not at all fimilar with BP anyway so..."

It wasn't too much Storm for you lol.

#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"black to the future?*slaps the one that choose the name*"

Thinks back to that Family Guy flashback

#8 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:

It wasn't too much Storm for you lol."

Hahaha, Storm isn't to bad (as a character) its her fans that make me hate on her. I liked Iron Man getting killed.

#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

black to the future?

slaps the one that choose the name

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
Hahaha, Storm isn't to bad (as a character) its her fans that make me hate on her. I liked Iron Man getting killed."

I thought Iron Man dying was hilarious because he had to die for everyone to be happy.Did you see how hard everyone was smilin at the end lol.

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
Hahaha, Storm isn't to bad (as a character) its her fans that make me hate on her. I liked Iron Man getting killed."

I thought Iron Man dying was hilarious because he had to die for everyone to be happy.Did you see how hard everyone was smilin at the end lol."

ok now I'm interested

how did he die?

and were people really smiling? lol

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
I thought Iron Man dying was hilarious because he had to die for everyone to be happy.Did you see how hard everyone was smilin at the end lol."
ok now I'm interested how did he die? and were people really smiling? lol"

Yea the Wakandan Army,Black Panther,and a giant Panther robot..probably with Vibranium weapons..beat blood outta Tony and his Iron Men.Alot of people were cheezin at the end.

#13 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

I didn't like it either. But, feel free to shoot the President of BET dead. Because he is the one writing BP now, and he's not doing a good job.

As for the comic itself, I thought it sucked. I didn't want to see an annual about what happened during T'Challa and Storm's marriage in the future. Don't care about that. I wanted to see something pivotal of some sort. But, with Reggie Hudlin (Pres. of BET) writing it, pivotal events will not exist. Well, I take that back. The only thing pivotal in volume four of BP is T'Challa and Storm get married. That's about it

#14 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Nighthunter says:
"black to the future? *slaps the one that choose the name*"
I didn't like it either. But, feel free to shoot the President of BET dead. Because he is the one writing BP now, and he's not doing a good job. As for the comic itself, I thought it sucked. I didn't want to see an annual about what happened during T'Challa and Storm's marriage in the future. Don't care about that. I wanted to see something pivotal of some sort. But, with Reggie Hudlin (Pres. of BET) writing it, pivotal events will not exist. Well, I take that back. The only thing pivotal in volume four of BP is T'Challa and Storm get married. That's about it"

I fully agree with your statement. Not liking his run at all.

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Nighthunter says:

I didn't like it either. But, feel free to shoot the President of BET dead. Because he is the one writing BP now, and he's not doing a good job.

As for the comic itself, I thought it sucked. I didn't want to see an annual about what happened during T'Challa and Storm's marriage in the future. Don't care about that. I wanted to see something pivotal of some sort. But, with Reggie Hudlin (Pres. of BET) writing it, pivotal events will not exist. Well, I take that back. The only thing pivotal in volume four of BP is T'Challa and Storm get married. That's about it"

I hope Marvel gets Hudlin off the project ASAP.Black Panther and Storm are becoming very watered down.I miss Civil War Storm and T'challa.They were f#ckin hardcore.Black Panther took on Iron Man and Storm chewed out Namor for being in love with Sue Storm..it was great.Now they're giving history lessons and being all mushy.It's weak.The dialouge seems like someone who doesn't know comics wrote it.Black to the Future is a horrible name for an annual and the whole premise of it was so ridiculous.I was hoping Black Panther to do something meaningful and I got a what if instead.A ridiculous what if.It was almost as bad as when Damage Control fought Galactus and Death a bunch of other ridiculous celestials and comics level people.F#CK YOU Hudlin.

#16 Posted by G-Man (34334 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a some-what below average "future" story. The X-Men have done so many and Fantastic Four: The End really seemed ambitious to me compared to this. The only thing that I really enjoyed was seeing an extremely overweight Wolverine at the wedding. Priceless!

Staff
#17 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

If I could tolerate an other hack writer besides Hudlin, it would be Dwayne McDuffie. At times, he can be a hack, but then again, he's an actual comic book writer. He knows what he's doing most of the time.

If anything, they need to Christopher Priest back, and he needs to show Hudlin how to write a comic book.

#18 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Nighthunter says:
"black to the future? *slaps the one that choose the name*"
*Thinks back to that Family Guy flashback*"

Loved that episode. I loved the ending lol.

#19 Posted by G-Man (34334 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's Big Wolvie:

Staff
#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"If I could tolerate an other hack writer besides Hudlin, it would be Dwayne McDuffie. At times, he can be a hack, but then again, he's an actual comic book writer. He knows what he's doing most of the time.If anything, they need to Christopher Priest back, and he needs to show Hudlin how to write a comic book."

We need Brubraker or Bendis or somebody on BP. See Black Panther for me was always one of those characters I called one of my favorites because being black I felt obligated (don't judge me I was a retarded kid).But I actually like him now. The more Hudlin drops the ball though,the more i'm straying away from him.Because I have actually been buying my comics lately as opposed to downloading so i'm losing money on sh!tty books.

#21 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like a Mongoloid. Or that dude from Goonies.

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Here's Big Wolvie:"

Lmao..the art at the end of the book was so bad.Lmao @ Ghost Rider smilin.

#23 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:
"He looks like a Mongoloid. Or that dude from Goonies. "

Omg wtf is that guys name from the goonies.That is what he looks like lol."

Sloth

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"He looks like a Mongoloid. Or that dude from Goonies. "

Omg wtf is that guys name from the goonies.That is what he looks like lol.

#25 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"We need Brubraker or Bendis or somebody on BP. See Black Panther for me was always one of those characters I called one of my favorites because being black I felt obligated (don't judge me I was a retarded kid).But I actually like him now. The more Hudlin drops the ball though,the more i'm straying away from him.Because I have actually been buying my comics lately as opposed to downloading so i'm losing money on sh!tty books."

Yeah, man. I got into Black Panther because, well, he was Black. And, I didn't really get into Black superheroes until 2006 (What I mean is that I didn't read a Black superhero comic book until then). So, I felt obligated to get in touch with a superhero of my kind. As for you, go back to downloading comics. You shouldn't have to spend a dime. I will never buy comics. Never. I spend enough money on clothes, shoes, fitted caps, video games, my car, and everything else. No room to buy comics. LOL. But, I continued to read Hudlin's run anyway, just for the character. That's all.

#26 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing a fat Wolverine really pissed me off.

#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Vance Astro says:
"We need Brubraker or Bendis or somebody on BP. See Black Panther for me was always one of those characters I called one of my favorites because being black I felt obligated (don't judge me I was a retarded kid).But I actually like him now. The more Hudlin drops the ball though,the more i'm straying away from him.Because I have actually been buying my comics lately as opposed to downloading so i'm losing money on sh!tty books."

Yeah, man. I got into Black Panther because, well, he was Black. And, I didn't really get into Black superheroes until 2006 (What I mean is that I didn't read a Black superhero comic book until then). So, I felt obligated to get in touch with a superhero of my kind. As for you, go back to downloading comics. You shouldn't have to spend a dime. I will never buy comics. Never. I spend enough money on clothes, shoes, fitted caps, video games, my car, and everything else. No room to buy comics. LOL. But, I continued to read Hudlin's run anyway, just for the character. That's all."

Well as far as buying and downloading comics I try not to buy them but I catch myself in the store and I be like..I should buy this cause I can get it for free..but I end up doing it anyway.It's something about the covers of some books that makes me want them.Besides all that I was at the Marvel Store at Universal Studios and it's hard to go there and not buy anything.

As far as Black Panther goes.Hudlin has to go.I will continue to read because of my feeling about the character but it's painful.The dialouge is so bad.He makes Storm look like a kindergarden teacher and Black Panther look like a softy.At this point I don't think Marvel can afford to ruin anymore characters.

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Altogether, Hudlin's run of Black Panther seems like a 90's Saturday morning cartoon.

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Altogether, Hudlin's run of Black Panther seems like a 90's Saturday morning cartoon."

Co-Directed by Spike Lee.

#30 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO!!!

#31 Posted by tempest x (77 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it.  i loved seeing storm and t'challa's adult children. i thought they were cute. i've never seen anything like that and i appreciate what hudlin's done with the title.  there.    

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.