T'Challa's Fate After Daredevil's Return?

Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like T'Challa will continue his adventures under David Liss' pen in Black Panther: World's Most Dangerous Man 523.1 in September. Jefte Palo will be taking over art duties on the issue and I like what he brought to the table on a fill in issue a few back and he'll be doing tomorrow's issue as well so check him out. He may be taking over for Francesco Francavilla who will be working with Scott Snyder on the upcoming Swamp Thing Title. I've enjoyed T'Challa's adventure's in Hell's Kitchen but would definitely like to see him back in Wakanda and traveling the world. I'm looking forward to see where Liss takes the Panther next.   

#1 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping that somehow he would still get his original suit back even though the destruction of Vibranium occurred. I would truly like to see him back in Wakanda and treating Storm with a bit more respect.I do understand that he had to go through something and redeem himself in his own eyes in Hells Kitchen but where I come from there is a saying that says "el que tenga tienda que la atienda o si no que la venda". Basically stating that if he can't treat Storm how she should be treated he needs to give her up and move on. I really think they could build up something good on their story though.
 
As far as him being depowered that didn't bug me that much. There are other runs with characters who currently have 0 powers that are really good atm like Herc for example. And his powers were not what made him so formidable as we saw in this run of Man Without Fear rather it was his intelligence, martial arts skills and ingenuity.  
 
We'll see where it goes from here. 
 
All will be well =)

#2 Posted by jayskee (1903 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he gets back with Storm
#3 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz:  
I don't feel he did anything wrong by Storm in MWF. Though to be honest, I've never been a fan of that marriage. I hope Liss makes it feel like a genuine marriage. Hudlin basically did it because they're the two of the highest profile Black characters and both are African and it would Boost T'Challa's profile. They're pairing really makes no actual sense when you analyze it. 
 
@jayskee
:  
Storm will be paying him a visit in the next two issues of Man Without Fear. They'll be facing off against Kraven. 
#4 Posted by Ashra (674 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
I would truly like to see him back in Wakanda and treating Storm with a bit more respect.I do understand that he had to go through something and redeem himself in his own eyes in Hells Kitchen but where I come from there is a saying that says "el que tenga tienda que la atienda o si no que la venda". Basically stating that if he can't treat Storm how she should be treated he needs to give her up and move on.
Precisely. 
#5 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

They really can't seem to decide what to do with Black Panther.

Moderator
#6 Posted by Blurred View (362 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really skeptical about the Man Without Fear direction for Black Panther. I thought it was just another installment of Marvel's desperate attempts to get the character to sell. And... okay, that's exactly what it was. But man, David Liss writes the hell out of it. He writes the best Black Panther I have read in a long, long time. So I'm looking forward to whatever this new Most Dangerous Man Alive direction is about, especially since it will probably be a better premise than T'Challa filling in for Matt Murdock.

#7 Posted by daredevil21134 (9090 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't they take this opportunity to give him a new comic series instead of using Daredevil's numbering

#8 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:
They really can't seem to decide what to do with Black Panther.
This.And I don't know either.Marvel shouldn't have made him the KIng of an entire country.Now he's bound to Wakanda.
#9 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

why does he have toe be bound a king to wakanda? kinda take him back to square one to me, which seems boring.  any other characters do whatever they want captain america, iron man,  thor  but not black panther he can't  go any where or change up the story to make it interesting.  @ JonesDeini who should black panther marry or date if not storm?  & why?  cause i'm tired of black superheroes always getting short end of the stick. he's the only top level black  superhero in the marvel universe we got falcon, luke cage, & war machine don't count cause none of them will have their own solo movie about them. luke cage is a side character cause he can't be a strong character without iron fist on avengers or heroes for hire  even though his character has progress a little to having a wife and family. war machine is known for being iron man sidekick and for that reason alone, which is why his book is failing and falcon is capt. america backup whenever needed. 

#10 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@darkcloakx said:
why does he have toe be bound a king to wakanda? kinda take him back to square one to me, which seems boring.  any other characters do whatever they want captain america, iron man,  thor  but not black panther he can't  go any where or change up the story to make it interesting.  @ JonesDeini who should black panther marry or date if not storm?  & why?  cause i'm tired of black superheroes always getting short end of the stick. he's the only top level black  superhero in the marvel universe we got falcon, luke cage, & war machine don't count cause none of them will have their own solo movie about them. luke cage is a side character cause he can't be a strong character without iron fist on avengers or heroes for hire  even though his character has progress a little to having a wife and family. war machine is known for being iron man sidekick and for that reason alone, which is why his book is failing and falcon is capt. america backup whenever needed. 
If not Storm? Nobody. I'd really rather see both characters single, because the marriage has done nothing to fundamentally alter, improve, or evolve the characters. If anything it's lessened Storm. They're marriage to me feels like a PR stunt, done to generate attention to a title that just wasn't selling well. And it didn't work, both in the comic and in the fiscal sense. Readers/Editors/Writers wanting/putting them together is like expecting the two most popular black kids at a predominantly white school to date, because you know...they're just supposed to right? I mean He's black and she's black, so that's how it works right?The little love story and history Hudlin drew up for them feels hollow and I just didn't and don't buy it. The only moment I've ever felt like these two had any real chemistry was when he cut ties to her during the first of MWF issue and the emoting was mainly by Storm, T'Challa just rolled on, business as usual. I just don't feel a genuine emotional connection/physical chemistry between the two. The marriage is here to stay and has been out of my way so I don't have to deal with seeing any awkward panels with it. If a good writer can sell it to me then I'll accept it, but until that day comes I'm not buyin' what's on the market, folk.  
 
As far as more black, ethnically diverse characters period, I understand where you're coming from. But I also understand the reality that we live in a predominantly White/Eurocentric nation. Most writers and artists are white males, producing works of wish fulfillment/escapism for an audience of white males. To paraphrase an African American writer who's name escapes me at the moment; They won't tell our stories, not just because they don't want to, but because they simply can't. Nor should we expect them to. It's our responsibility, duty to do so. To display ourselves to the world. Now I not going to read a title just because the main character's black or the writer's black. At the end of the day I want a great story to  be told. That's why I miss Milestone they didn't just tell black stories they told human stories.  
#11 Edited by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:

That's why I miss Milestone they didn't just tell black stories they told human stories.  

They didn't..but most of their characters were black however.And they were also basically characters we already had...but black.Barely any even remotely original ideas. accept
Moderator
#12 Edited by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

@JonesDeini said:

That's why I miss Milestone they didn't just tell black stories they told human stories.  

They didn't..but most of their characters were black however.And they were also basically characters we already had...but black.Barely any even remotely original ideas. accept
I accept that that's your interpretation and respect your right to it. In my opinion no original stories exist, I'm a big believer in Erikson's theory of the Universal Unconscious and archetypes. The broader you look at a story/character/concept the more commonplace it seems. This is especially true of super hero comics, which is why I prefer more intellectually stimulating fair like vintage Vertigo works. Every story that can be told has been told in some form, at some time, It's presentation and approach that makes the difference and sets things apart. For example, depending on how you look at it X-Men are just a ripoff of the original Doom Patrol, but it's the nuances of each that sets them apart as unique entities. It's easy to say that Icon is black Superman, Static is black Magneto, Hardware is black Iron Man and Blood Syndicate are the black X-Force, but when you read these books I believe they establish their own identities and are valid, quality works.  
 
Question, you didn't/don't find Xombi to be remotely original?
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
@Vance Astro said:

@JonesDeini said:

That's why I miss Milestone they didn't just tell black stories they told human stories.  

They didn't..but most of their characters were black however.And they were also basically characters we already had...but black.Barely any even remotely original ideas. accept
I accept that that's your interpretation and respect your right to it. In my opinion no original stories exist, I'm a big believer in Erikson's theory of the Universal Unconscious and archetypes. The broader you look at a story/character/concept the more commonplace it seems. This is especially true of super hero comics, which is why I prefer more intellectually stimulating fair like vintage Vertigo works. Every story that can be told has been told in some form, at some time, It's presentation and approach that makes the difference and sets things apart. For example, depending on how you look at it X-Men are just a ripoff of the original Doom Patrol, but it's the nuances of each that sets them apart as unique entities. It's easy to say that Icon is black Superman, Static is black Magneto, Hardware is black Iron Man and Blood Syndicate are the black X-Force, but when you read these books I believe they establish their own identities and are valid, quality works.   Question, you didn't/don't find Xombi to be remotely original?
I don't know why the word accept is at the end of my post.I didn't mean to put that.I know that no original stories exist but I don't have any issues with the stories.My biggest disappointment with Milestone is the extremely obvious character designs the resemble other already popular characters.Sure X-men has reference material that can be found in Doom Patrol but there is also HUGE differences between them.Marvel took an idea and made it into something great.They have alot of rip-off characters but the ones that are most unlike anything that DC or anyone else has to offer are the most popular.DC doesn't have a Spider-Man,they don't have a Hulk,they don't have an Iron Man,they don't have a Daredevil or a Wolverine etc. etc.I know that all ideas come from somewhere.Artists and creators rarely have an original thought every character that exists was created from some reference material.The idea is supposed to be to take the idea and make it unique or give it a twist that is appealing and Milestones failed.Hardware wasn't even remotely as cool as Iron Man.More importantly there was already two black Iron Men.One of them still active as War Machine and Rhodes is a good character.Hardware on the other hand..not so much.
Moderator
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Black Panther enough, but not a single story he's been in has interested me. I didn't read his run in Hell's Kitchen because of how much the set-up annoyed me (Shadowland was terrible), but I hope this series does him justice. 
 
Why isn't he on an Avengers team anyway? Bendis probably doesn't have enough Black clichés in his vocabulary for two characters of African-descent.

#15 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  
I felt the same way, but I'd really recommend checking out his time in Hell's Kitchen. Liss has made the book I had less than 0 expectation for rise to being one my most anticipated and enjoyable reads month in and month out. I shudder at the thought of him being on any Avengers team and falling into the hands of Bendis.  
 
@Vance Astro said:
@JonesDeini said:
@Vance Astro said:

@JonesDeini said:

That's why I miss Milestone they didn't just tell black stories they told human stories.  

They didn't..but most of their characters were black however.And they were also basically characters we already had...but black.Barely any even remotely original ideas. accept
I accept that that's your interpretation and respect your right to it. In my opinion no original stories exist, I'm a big believer in Erikson's theory of the Universal Unconscious and archetypes. The broader you look at a story/character/concept the more commonplace it seems. This is especially true of super hero comics, which is why I prefer more intellectually stimulating fair like vintage Vertigo works. Every story that can be told has been told in some form, at some time, It's presentation and approach that makes the difference and sets things apart. For example, depending on how you look at it X-Men are just a ripoff of the original Doom Patrol, but it's the nuances of each that sets them apart as unique entities. It's easy to say that Icon is black Superman, Static is black Magneto, Hardware is black Iron Man and Blood Syndicate are the black X-Force, but when you read these books I believe they establish their own identities and are valid, quality works.   Question, you didn't/don't find Xombi to be remotely original?
I don't know why the word accept is at the end of my post.I didn't mean to put that.I know that no original stories exist but I don't have any issues with the stories.My biggest disappointment with Milestone is the extremely obvious character designs the resemble other already popular characters.Sure X-men has reference material that can be found in Doom Patrol but there is also HUGE differences between them.Marvel took an idea and made it into something great.They have alot of rip-off characters but the ones that are most unlike anything that DC or anyone else has to offer are the most popular.DC doesn't have a Spider-Man,they don't have a Hulk,they don't have an Iron Man,they don't have a Daredevil or a Wolverine etc. etc.I know that all ideas come from somewhere.Artists and creators rarely have an original thought every character that exists was created from some reference material.The idea is supposed to be to take the idea and make it unique or give it a twist that is appealing and Milestones failed.Hardware wasn't even remotely as cool as Iron Man.More importantly there was already two black Iron Men.One of them still active as War Machine and Rhodes is a good character.Hardware on the other hand..not so much.
So you used to read Hardware, or are you basing you appraisal of the character on his design? I can dig if you didn't like the designs of Milestone's characters' designs (I myself am not wild about them all). They were similar to that 90's style of art that was ubiquitous so I can dig how they didn't stand out to you. What I will say is not to judge a book by it's cover, if you haven't, then I would highly recommend reading Icon, Static, Blood Syndicate,& Xombi. Because as similar as you may find their designs to DC's character's they were unique books backed up by strong writing. They were anything but what early Image books were to Marvel's. And while Milestone failed to connect with you, I must say that they overall succeeded as a company and surpassed any expectations of the industry. Their characters and titles connected with and are most fondly remembered, appreciated, and cherished by a great number of fans.  
 
 
Anyways, I'm looking forward to what Panther's got coming up
#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
@FadeToBlackBolt:  
I felt the same way, but I'd really recommend checking out his time in Hell's Kitchen. Liss has made the book I had less than 0 expectation for rise to being one my most anticipated and enjoyable reads month in and month out. I shudder at the thought of him being on any Avengers team and falling into the hands of Bendis.  

I'll check it out when it comes out in trade ^_^
#17 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
So you used to read Hardware, or are you basing you appraisal of the character on his design? I can dig if you didn't like the designs of Milestone's characters' designs (I myself am not wild about them all). They were similar to that 90's style of art that was ubiquitous so I can dig how they didn't stand out to you. What I will say is not to judge a book by it's cover, if you haven't, then I would highly recommend reading Icon, Static, Blood Syndicate,& Xombi. Because as similar as you may find their designs to DC's character's they were unique books backed up by strong writing. They were anything but what early Image books were to Marvel's. And while Milestone failed to connect with you, I must say that they overall succeeded as a company and surpassed any expectations of the industry. Their characters and titles connected with and are most fondly remembered, appreciated, and cherished by a great number of fans.    Anyways, I'm looking forward to what Panther's got coming up
I wasn't reading comics when these books were released so I had to read them much later.I never read Icon or Blood Syndicate which is why I choose to mention Hardware.I've been able to get my hands on Hardware and Static.The only thing I read with Icon in it was in the DC\Milestone crossover.Static is the only Milestones character I think was salvageable even despite his mediocre design when he was first created.His story was alot more gritty than depicted in the animated series.I wouldn't say that I don't base any of my opinion on a characters appearance\design but that's not the sole reason I think Iron Man and War Machine are better characters.
Moderator
#18 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:
They really can't seem to decide what to do with Black Panther.
This ^ is how things seem to be with B.P at the moment. 
 
@darkcloax 
I liked Black Panther (personally) more when he kept to his roots in Wakanda and defended it. Doesn't mean he has to sit in Africa 24/7...but truth be told I haven't really gave Man Without Fear a shot.  
 
By the way: 
Is Black Panther at least considered to be at peak human levels in these runs? 
#19 Edited by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  
Dig, folk. Static was definitely a mature, thought provoking title. Icon's a goldmine of storytelling potential that DC's sitting on, would love to see a talented writer who's passionate about the character bring him back properly.  
 
@Kallarkz:  
T'Challa's currently Deopowered, but judging from what I've seen and heard said in the run he's still a peak human. And with Liss I feel like he's finally gotten a modern writer who knows what to do with him. 
#20 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
@Vance Astro:  
Dig, folk. Static was definitely a mature, thought provoking title. Icon's a goldmine of storytelling potential that DC's sitting on, would love to see a talented writer who's passionate about the character bring him back properly.  
 
@Kallarkz:  T'Challa's currently Deopowered, but judging from what I've seen and heard said in the run he's still a peak human. And with Liss I feel like he's finally gotten a modern writer who knows what to do with him. 
Mmm ok. Well i was debating today whether or not to pick up this last issue but I guess ill give it a shot. I hope they give him a more personalized uniform though. The stuff he had on in #513 looks like something one could pick up from Target.
#21 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz:  
I'm actually okay with this suit. It makes perfect sense in the context of story seeing as he's no longer the Black Panther by royal right and has no Wakandan resources. Liss writes T'Challa like he really is one of the 7 smartest men on earth. In one issue he whips up some homemade tech that's really impressive after a trip to the local hardware store, really humorous exchange between he and the cashier. 
#22 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
If not Storm? Nobody. I'd really rather see both characters single, because the marriage has done nothing to fundamentally alter, improve, or evolve the characters. If anything it's lessened Storm. They're marriage to me feels like a PR stunt, done to generate attention to a title that just wasn't selling well. And it didn't work, both in the comic and in the fiscal sense. Readers/Editors/Writers wanting/putting them together is like expecting the two most popular black kids at a predominantly white school to date, because you know...they're just supposed to right? I mean He's black and she's black, so that's how it works right?The little love story and history Hudlin drew up for them feels hollow and I just didn't and don't buy it. The only moment I've ever felt like these two had any real chemistry was when he cut ties to her during the first of MWF issue and the emoting was mainly by Storm, T'Challa just rolled on, business as usual. I just don't feel a genuine emotional connection/physical chemistry between the two. The marriage is here to stay and has been out of my way so I don't have to deal with seeing any awkward panels with it. If a good writer can sell it to me then I'll accept it, but until that day comes I'm not buyin' what's on the market, folk.   As far as more black, ethnically diverse characters period, I understand where you're coming from. But I also understand the reality that we live in a predominantly White/Eurocentric nation. Most writers and artists are white males, producing works of wish fulfillment/escapism for an audience of white males. To paraphrase an African American writer who's name escapes me at the moment; They won't tell our stories, not just because they don't want to, but because they simply can't. Nor should we expect them to. It's our responsibility, duty to do so. To display ourselves to the world. Now I not going to read a title just because the main character's black or the writer's black. At the end of the day I want a great story to  be told. That's why I miss Milestone they didn't just tell black stories they told human stories.  
The problem isn't the marriage it's the writing around it.If the marriage of Storm and Black Panther was a PR stunt it didn't work..and I believe the book wasn't selling well because they writing was subpar.Even in Priest's Run which I believe was the best Black Panther volume they failed to build a solid supporting cast around Black Panther.Killmonger is a really great villain.No more like him and T'Challa's backstory isn't as interesting as other street levelers like Spider-Man,Daredevil,and Moon Knight so he can't put his interest into the underdog effect. Hudlin's best writing for Black Panther didn't even involve T'Challa.Shuri was the best Black Panther he ever wrote.I believe that's because she's not married to one of the most powerful mutants in the world, she was rejected by the Panther God,she served more of a purpose.I never understood why a King or even when he was a Prince had to be a superhero.The idea that the leader of the Panther Cult has to be the Black Panther the protector is nonsense and I think it holds Black Panther back.It just seems like he has too much going for him and readers don't like that.
#23 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@9th Wonder said:
@JonesDeini said:
If not Storm? Nobody. I'd really rather see both characters single, because the marriage has done nothing to fundamentally alter, improve, or evolve the characters. If anything it's lessened Storm. They're marriage to me feels like a PR stunt, done to generate attention to a title that just wasn't selling well. And it didn't work, both in the comic and in the fiscal sense. Readers/Editors/Writers wanting/putting them together is like expecting the two most popular black kids at a predominantly white school to date, because you know...they're just supposed to right? I mean He's black and she's black, so that's how it works right?The little love story and history Hudlin drew up for them feels hollow and I just didn't and don't buy it. The only moment I've ever felt like these two had any real chemistry was when he cut ties to her during the first of MWF issue and the emoting was mainly by Storm, T'Challa just rolled on, business as usual. I just don't feel a genuine emotional connection/physical chemistry between the two. The marriage is here to stay and has been out of my way so I don't have to deal with seeing any awkward panels with it. If a good writer can sell it to me then I'll accept it, but until that day comes I'm not buyin' what's on the market, folk.   As far as more black, ethnically diverse characters period, I understand where you're coming from. But I also understand the reality that we live in a predominantly White/Eurocentric nation. Most writers and artists are white males, producing works of wish fulfillment/escapism for an audience of white males. To paraphrase an African American writer who's name escapes me at the moment; They won't tell our stories, not just because they don't want to, but because they simply can't. Nor should we expect them to. It's our responsibility, duty to do so. To display ourselves to the world. Now I not going to read a title just because the main character's black or the writer's black. At the end of the day I want a great story to  be told. That's why I miss Milestone they didn't just tell black stories they told human stories.  
The problem isn't the marriage it's the writing around it.If the marriage of Storm and Black Panther was a PR stunt it didn't work..and I believe the book wasn't selling well because they writing was subpar.Even in Priest's Run which I believe was the best Black Panther volume they failed to build a solid supporting cast around Black Panther.Killmonger is a really great villain.No more like him and T'Challa's backstory isn't as interesting as other street levelers like Spider-Man,Daredevil,and Moon Knight so he can't put his interest into the underdog effect. Hudlin's best writing for Black Panther didn't even involve T'Challa.Shuri was the best Black Panther he ever wrote.I believe that's because she's not married to one of the most powerful mutants in the world, she was rejected by the Panther God,she served more of a purpose.I never understood why a King or even when he was a Prince had to be a superhero.The idea that the leader of the Panther Cult has to be the Black Panther the protector is nonsense and I think it holds Black Panther back.It just seems like he has too much going for him and readers don't like that.
The marriage is badly written and the paring was poorly thought out. off that topic, Killmonger needs to be properly utilized, totally agree. Indeed,  T'Challa doesn't have the under dog, every man aspect that many people identify with in street levelers. But seeing as he's not a street leveler that's fine with me. T'Challa was a king and I feel like his stories should reflect that in scope and magnitude. And he wasn't just any king, he was king of one of the earth's most advanced, wealthy, powerful nations, however he and Wakanda are rarely written this way. We are told all these things but rarely shown. To me it makes perfect sense for the King/Queen of Wakanda to be the Panther and protector of their nature. To me it's no different than Alexander leading his armies on the front-lines, history has a rich tradition of Warrior Kings who weren't bound to their thrones. I see T'Challa and character's like him as an extension of this archetype. Namor can be hero and ruler, Blackbolt can be hero and ruler, why not T'Challa? I believe characters like him are more than capable of being regents and heroes as long as the writer's capable of fleshing out both aspects of them. The problem with T'Challa in this scenario is most writers simply Say this is Black Panther, he has a kingdom in Africa...and then leave it at that, we may see a shot of Wakanda in his origin section about the size of a post card. Unless it's an event like Doom War we rarely see Wakanda it's people, and their culture. I want to see Panther in Wakanda I want to see a writer an artist challenge them self to present a depiction of Africa that isn't grasslands and huts. Likewise I don't think there's any reason that doing the former should limit a talented creative team from having him regularly interact with the larger Marvel U.  
#24 Posted by Blackreverend (133 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved "Man Without Fear" too but personally I want to see T'Challa back in Wakanda where he's desperately needed! The country is so damaged by the fallout of Doom War... This is the perfect time to bring back the Wakandan Secret Police that Hudlin left out when he rebooted the franchise! Forget Klaw and Kilmonger! T'Challa has so much more ennemies that we haven't seen yet. We need a writer who will capture the true epicness of the BP!

#25 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this mean that he won't be the American Panther!?
#26 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Has there been any word on that since its initial announcement? Marvel may have backed out of it after seeing the (virtually) unanimously negative response.
#27 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
Does this mean that he won't be the American Panther!?
it's gonna be very hard to keep with his character if he ends up dedicating himself to American and completely forgetting about Wakanda. 
Just the way i feel about it. He was the King of one of the most advanced cities in the world and it was in Africa. And now he has come to realize his true destiny was to defend America? 
 
This could be possible I suppose if they write it well. Still will be one hell of a disappointing change.
 
 
We still don't know for sure though that he will be the one to take up that mantle.
#28 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Static Shock: Has there been any word on that since its initial announcement? Marvel may have backed out of it after seeing the (virtually) unanimously negative response.
I'm not sure. That's why I'm asking.
#29 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  
On another site (which one escapes me right now) the description of American Panther made it sound like he'd be an opponent of T'Challa 
#30 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: Oooh, OK. That'd be interesting actually. Not to disparage the US, because I really quite like the country, but it'd be nice to see someone wearing the flag on their uniform and not being the personification of virtue.
#31 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: I agree I'm definitely intrigued to see how it all plays out. I think the American panther stuff starts next month since one more issue's dedicated to his battle with Kraven. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.