Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3338 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Off My Mind: What's Going On With Black Panther?

• 120 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Black Panther is a complex character. He just might be more complex than he needs to be. Since T'Challa's debut back in 1966, he has gone through quite a bit of changes. It's almost enough to make you wonder if he knows what he wants to do with himself or whether writers know what they should do with him.             
    Black Panther first appeared back in Fantastic Four #52. This was before he would become king of Wakanda and used the Fantastic Four to prove that could defeat them and be worthy of leading and protecting his country. Soon afterwards, he journeyed to the United States and became a member of the Avengers

This was the Black Panther I first knew. He was a leader but felt more like a superhero. Despite returning to his country, he continued to appear in different issues, usually fighting supervillains rather than actually leading his country. 

No Caption Provided
    Now that he's staying in Hell's Kitchen and soon to be wearing the American colors, which is the real Black Panther, ruler of Wakanda or superhero adventurer?  == TEASER ==   
    No Caption Provided
    It always seemed that Black Panther was torn between Wakanda and the United States. He returned in his Marvel Knights series and had a Washington D.C. envoy. Then he married Storm (of the X-Men) in a huge Wakandan ceremony. Rather than rule side-by-side in Wakanda, they soon ended up as members of the Fantastic Four when Reed and Sue wanted to take a vacation from the team. They did return to Wakanda only to have T'Challa injured and his sister, Shuri, take on the mantle of Black Panther. 

While no longer possessing his former powers, he accepted Matt Murdock's offer to become the new protector of Hell's Kitchen while he tries to sort out his own issues after his possession during Shadowland

Under a new guise, Black Panther is now living as Mr. Okwonko, the owner of a small diner in Hell's Kitchen. I'm digging his current adventures but it feels a little strange that he left Wakanda once again and has virtually no contact with his wife these days.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    To add to the strangeness of his current activities, it appears that he will going in yet another direction as the American Panther. The images have been out for a couple weeks and honestly, I thought it might be some sort of April Fool's Joke. 

Then again, there's no definite confirmation that it will actually be T'Challa under the Captain America-inspired costume. Maybe this has something to do with Steve Rogers not necessarily wanting to return to being Captain America. What if Steve wanted to make the Captain America Corps a reality? 

Most likely it will be T'Challa going through another change or perhaps it's someone else trying to lure Black Panther out for a fight. He has been making his share of enemies in the short time he's spent in Hell's Kitchen. 

No Caption Provided
    The real question is, what should Black Panther do? Is he better off in America fighting crime alongside his superhero friends? Should he try actually spending time with his wife and the X-Men? Is it time he returned to Wakanda and reclaimed his role as the Black Panther? What is the deal with the American Panther costume? Is it a good idea for a temporary guise or just a really bad one?
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Eyz

They got rid of his sister Shuri as Black Panther so quick... :(
    And I did enjoy that short time, it was fun!

Can't he go back to Wakanda? I would love an on-going taking place there instead of New York like a bazillion other Marvel heroes...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By TDK_1997

For me the Black Panther is the ruler of Wakanda and sometimes in USA.Because these days i haven't talk with his wife(Storm).I think the writers don't what to do with him as you said G-Man.

hackstermatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By hackstermatrix

He should go back to Wakanda at least for a some time.
    Ahmed Sherif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Ahmed Sherif

I want him to just be one the Avengers team thats all :(
    darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By darkcloakx

give black panther a movie and make it a  good one  .  in comics keep black panther interesting yet make him exciting an exciting character.

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Osiris1428

The Black Panther as a ruler is cool, but comic book readers do want to see him fight crime all over. I want him to be the ruler of Wakanda, him and Storm's relationship needs to be written better. And that better not be T'Challa under that mask for the American Panther.    " Black Panther is a complex character. He just might be more complex than he needs to be. Since T'Challa's debut back in 1966, he has gone through quite a bit of changes. It's almost enough to make you wonder if he knows what he wants to do with himself or whether writers know what they should do with him.  " VERY true.

AFArtist1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AFArtist1973

It does seem like he's a character without an environment that is suited for him, or vice versa.  I feel he should either be a King or a superhero for a job, and act like a full-time husband, showing that he loves his wife and thinks about her when she's not with him.  That, in and of itself makes for interesting character development.  Like the article said, he's not spent much time in the issues with his wife, Ororo.  It also doesn't appear that he's actively involved with his country, unless someone wants to take all it's vibranium or violate the sacred grounds, something like that...  He reminds me of the crown royals of England...  going around the world being a celebrity, but not doing anything of substance. 

If he's to be a viable and interesting character, then Marvel needs to anchor him somewhere and build him up as a moral character.  He's already supposedly one of the smartest monarchs of the world, and he's always acted as if he's "greater than thou".  I think adventures being a husband would give him a more rounded appeal.  That's just my two cents...  --Jim

darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By darkcloakx

they should give him a suit of armor and make go be war machine just kidding lol.

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By brc2000
    @Eyz said:
    " They got rid of his sister Shuri as Black Panther so quick... :(And I did enjoy that short time, it was fun!
    She's still around. She was in the Klaws of the Panther mini that nobody read.
    triangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By triangle

happy birthday leonardo da vinci

ok black panther is jacking captian america's swag

he's a real new yorker now.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By JonesDeini
    @TDK_1997: 
    Bingo. The character isn't as complex as we've been mislead to believe. He's no more complex than Aquaman, Namor, or any other "torn between two worlds" hero. In fact, the only reason he's "torn" is because writers don't know what to do with him. I've noticed that many writers (including black ones) really don't know what to do with black characters. They often fall into the pathetic habit of making their ethnicity their distinguishing feature. With T'challa, a man's who's heritage is such a big part of who he is, it always struck me as disappointing how little we see it displayed and analyzed in his comics. Point blank, most writers lack the ability and and are afraid of tackling the task of fleshing out Wakanda, its culture, its people, its politics, and T'challa's relationship to it. Writers have a hard time changing their view of Africa as do audiences. So having an African nation be the most advanced on the earth pushes their suspension of disbelief pass it's limits. And that's saying something considering the medium.  Another problem is the assumption that american audiences lack the ability or desire to relate to stories that take place outside of it's borders. While this holds true to some extent I think the world has advanced to the point where most WASP now realize that there's a world outside of the U.S. and people who have both wholly unique perspectives and stories as well as universally relatable ones. Until a writer is bold enough to say "No, we're going to make you breathe in Wakanda's air, bath in it's rivers, speak and listen to it's people" then the Black Panther title will always be in this constant flux of inconsistency.    
    Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By Blackreverend
    @JonesDeini:  COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER! THANK YOU FOR EXPOSING THE TRUTH!

If I was writing his character I would end the Panther Cult in Wakanda. Have a miniseries about the choice of a new one ( Lion, White Gorilla, Crocodile) Bast the panther Goddess showed up when Vibranium did and should leave with it now that there's no more! Have Shuri become the avatar of that God so there's only one Black Panther.

I would also reintroduce the Wakandan Secret Police to help facilitate her reign. After losing vibranium Wakanda must be in chaos! Shuri is the kind of character that would sanction one.

During Doomwar, T'Challa was exploring what he called "Shadow Physics"... considering that he's a genius I would like to see him find some way to harness this new power so that Wakanda can capitalize on it and work it's way back to greatness.

Like Spider-man, Batman and any other successful hero, the Black Panther has his own rogues and villains. It would be interesting to have them reimagined and sent against Wakanda seeing how Hudlin left them out when he rewrote The Black Panther's origins.

Finally I would have T'Challa lead a team of global heroes to solve humanity's problems. With US Agent, Captain Britain, Red Guardian, a new Major Mapleleaf and him as the Black Panther (A superhero not a ruler and living wherever Storm is). This series could easily replace one of the many Avengers titles...
    KingSolomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KingSolomon

The american panther is what i think batman would look like fused with Captian America...

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @Eyz said:

" I would love an on-going taking place there instead of New York like a bazillion other Marvel heroes... "

One of my larger issues with Marvel is that they have just too damn many characters based in the greater New York area. It seems ridiculous when you have a whole world to play with to isolate your stories in one area. How can you have a city wide alien invasion in Fantastic Four (I'm not falling it FF, because no one is really dead.), but have Iron Man, in his book, getting an oil-rubdown by a slender tanned brunette?

It's one of the main reasons why I really applaud the idea of moving the X-Men to the west coast, San Fransisco in particular (just hope that wasn't Quesada's idea). X-Men are a repressed minority, and San Fran has a well established history of social tolerance. So much so that it's a favorite punching bag for ultra-conservative groups. Normally as a writer, you don't want your protagonists in a save place, but it seems rational they would base somewhere more accepting. With Dark Reign over, I don't see why they persist with the Utopia. It worked for the conditions of the time, but now it just seems silly.

DC has Metropolis and Gotham. Though, technically these are basically the same city but on different sides of the looking glass, with Gotham being Metropolis' dark reflection.
    Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By Baddamdog

I think Marvel needs to stop trying to make people like him, as soon as this title came out I knew it be destined to cancellation, black panther ongoings just don't last that long

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By perry_411

He should be fighting with the X-Men on Utopia. His mind greatly surpasses the techs in the X-Men, his vibranium makes him strong enough to go toe to toe with any enemy, and his knowledge of mysticism is vast.  I think he'd have interesting interactions with Imperious Rex and Cyclops. 

evo23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By evo23

If that really is him in the new costume maybe he is taking over as leader of the secret avengers.

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18  Edited By DMC

I haven't been following the Black Panther but I'm not digging this American Panther direction. IMO, Marvel should put him back in Wakanda and do something interesting there. IDK, more rogues....a rival nation, or dictator.
    With all the real world countries protesting about the incompetence of their rulers maybe they could do something similar with T'Challa and Wakanda and had as a tie-in to Fear Itself. Not that he rules like a dictator but he's probably been a lousy ruler in their eyes. They could always be more creative so it doesn't feel like a carbon copy of world events. 

Taurael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Taurael

Could there be a digital version of Morlun?

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Osiris1428
    @JonesDeini said:
    " @TDK_1997: 
    Bingo. The character isn't as complex as we've been mislead to believe. He's no more complex than Aquaman, Namor, or any other "torn between two worlds" hero. In fact, the only reason he's "torn" is because writers don't know what to do with him. I've noticed that many writers (including black ones) really don't know what to do with black characters. They often fall into the pathetic habit of making their ethnicity their distinguishing feature. With T'challa, a man's who's heritage is such a big part of who he is, it always struck me as disappointing how little we see it displayed and analyzed in his comics. Point blank, most writers lack the ability and and are afraid of tackling the task of fleshing out Wakanda, its culture, its people, its politics, and T'challa's relationship to it. Writers have a hard time changing their view of Africa as do audiences. So having an African nation be the most advanced on the earth pushes their suspension of disbelief pass it's limits. And that's saying something considering the medium.  Another problem is the assumption that american audiences lack the ability or desire to relate to stories that take place outside of it's borders. While this holds true to some extent I think the world has advanced to the point where most WASP now realize that there's a world outside of the U.S. and people who have both wholly unique perspectives and stories as well as universally relatable ones. Until a writer is bold enough to say "No, we're going to make you breathe in Wakanda's air, bath in it's rivers, speak and listen to it's people" then the Black Panther title will always be in this constant flux of inconsistency.    
    "
    @Blackreverend said:
    " @JonesDeini:  COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER! THANK YOU FOR EXPOSING THE TRUTH!

If I was writing his character I would end the Panther Cult in Wakanda. Have a miniseries about the choice of a new one ( Lion, White Gorilla, Crocodile) Bast the panther Goddess showed up when Vibranium did and should leave with it now that there's no more! Have Shuri become the avatar of that God so there's only one Black Panther.

I would also reintroduce the Wakandan Secret Police to help facilitate her reign. After losing vibranium Wakanda must be in chaos! Shuri is the kind of character that would sanction one.

During Doomwar, T'Challa was exploring what he called "Shadow Physics"... considering that he's a genius I would like to see him find some way to harness this new power so that Wakanda can capitalize on it and work it's way back to greatness.

Like Spider-man, Batman and any other successful hero, the Black Panther has his own rogues and villains. It would be interesting to have them reimagined and sent against Wakanda seeing how Hudlin left them out when he rewrote The Black Panther's origins.

Finally I would have T'Challa lead a team of global heroes to solve humanity's problems. With US Agent, Captain Britain, Red Guardian, a new Major Mapleleaf and him as the Black Panther (A superhero not a ruler and living wherever Storm is). This series could easily replace one of the many Avengers titles... "
    These were all great ideas. But, I fear they won't listen.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eyz
    @brc2000 said:

" @Eyz said:

" They got rid of his sister Shuri as Black Panther so quick... :(And I did enjoy that short time, it was fun!
    She's still around. She was in the Klaws of the Panther mini that nobody read. "
     I meant as "Black Panther". (or was she in the costume again?)
    *checks on Comicvine what this mysterious miniseries is*
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eyz
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @Eyz said:
    " I would love an on-going taking place there instead of New York like a bazillion other Marvel heroes... "
    One of my larger issues with Marvel is that they have just too damn many characters based in the greater New York area. It seems ridiculous when you have a whole world to play with to isolate your stories in one area. How can you have a city wide alien invasion in Fantastic Four (I'm not falling it FF, because no one is really dead.), but have Iron Man, in his book, getting an oil-rubdown by a slender tanned brunette?

It's one of the main reasons why I really applaud the idea of moving the X-Men to the west coast, San Fransisco in particular (just hope that wasn't Quesada's idea). X-Men are a repressed minority, and San Fran has a well established history of social tolerance. So much so that it's a favorite punching back from ultra-conservative groups. Normally as a writer, you don't want your protagonists in a save place, but it seems rational they would base somewhere more accepting. With Dark Reign over, I don't see why they persist with the Utopia. It worked for the conditions of the time, but now it just seems silly.

DC has Metropolis and Gotham. Though, technically these are basically the same city but on different sides of the looking glass, with Gotham being Metropolis' dark reflection. "
    Yep. That's my lil' problem as well.
    I think it's a subject that often comes back when we discuss sudden moves from Marvel and/or DC...
    Anyway, the X-men in San Fransisco is a great move.
    And I like reading DC stuff happening in other cities, be it Boston (Wonder Woman), Central City, Star City, etc.. (not discussing the choice of real or fictive cities here)

It always bugged me a bit too. Like reading a giant planet-size catastrophic even in Mighty Avengers, with shots of it affecting NY mostly (a giant amber bubble over Manhattan, tidal waves of blood on the coast..) and nothing showcasing this in any other book at the same time. (desptie clear links with Thor's on-going series at that time)
    chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By chalkshark

The Black Panther should never be portrayed as just another urban crime fighter. This is a well designed character, with a rich back story, containing several elements that are unique to the Black Panther.  As a character, he's been allowed to grow in ways that most Marvel heroes never do.  Returning him to New York, not even as an Avenger, but as a simple costumed vigilante is a step backwards for the character. Several steps, in fact. The Black Panther has been here before. As much as I'm enjoying the "Man without Fear" story line... & I am... it's a bit of a retread over ground well-covered in the Panther's past. 
    Get him back to Wakanda. Return him to his status as ruler of that land. Let him get back together with his wife.  The Black Panther's tales should be a blend of high adventure & political intrigue. His series have been consistently good, & I don't understand why they keep getting cancelled, just to be brought back a few months later with a new creative team. Marvel is clearly invested in telling tales of the Black Panther. There's a long standing fan base in place. Let's get a new book going, & this time, let's keep it going.
    in the meantime, while we're waiting for that new Black Panther series that Marvel will inevitably launch, how about letting the Black Panther spend some time with the X-Men.  He'd be reunited with Storm.  The Black Panther has never spent much time interacting with Marvel's premiere mutant heroes. The idea of having the Black Panther, The Sub-Mariner, & Magneto, all deposed heads of state, all in self exile on the same island, is rife with story ideas.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Billy Batson

GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY!

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Green ankh

i think he is more interesting home.
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By longbowhunter

I've really liked Black Panther: Man Without Fear. But it looks like American Panther is were I jump off. Sorry T'Challa.
    brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By brc2000
    @Eyz said:
    " @brc2000 said:

" @Eyz said:

She's still around. She was in the Klaws of the Panther mini that nobody read. "
     I meant as "Black Panther". (or was she in the costume again?)*checks on Comicvine what this mysterious miniseries is* "
    Yep. She was still the Black Panther. T'challa doesn't have the blessing of the panther god or whatever anymore.
    Radread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Radread

Christopher Priest caught the balance between king and fighter of the concreat jungle very well. Hundin caught the kingdom part very well but didn't succeed with the street level part at all. I didn't mind T'Challa's sister taking over, it was a fresh take a few other good ideas that did pay off well. Now, the Panther coming into Hell's Kitchen wasn't too bad of an idea but going this American Panther way? Eh, see how it goes.

satanmode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By satanmode

Looks like they put Captain America, Black Panther, and Batman in a blender

Atari_Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Atari_Graphics
    @chalkshark said:
    " The Black Panther should never be portrayed as just another urban crime fighter. This is a well designed character, with a rich back story, containing several elements that are unique to the Black Panther.  As a character, he's been allowed to grow in ways that most Marvel heroes never do.  Returning him to New York, not even as an Avenger, but as a simple costumed vigilante is a step backwards for the character. Several steps, in fact. The Black Panther has been here before. As much as I'm enjoying the "Man without Fear" story line... & I am... it's a bit of a retread over ground well-covered in the Panther's past. Get him back to Wakanda. Return him to his status as ruler of that land. Let him get back together with his wife.  The Black Panther's tales should be a blend of high adventure & political intrigue. His series have been consistently good, & I don't understand why they keep getting cancelled, just to be brought back a few months later with a new creative team. Marvel is clearly invested in telling tales of the Black Panther. There's a long standing fan base in place. Let's get a new book going, & this time, let's keep it going.in the meantime, while we're waiting for that new Black Panther series that Marvel will inevitably launch, how about letting the Black Panther spend some time with the X-Men.  He'd be reunited with Storm.  The Black Panther has never spent much time interacting with Marvel's premiere mutant heroes. The idea of having the Black Panther, The Sub-Mariner, & Magneto, all deposed heads of state, all in self exile on the same island, is rife with story ideas. "

Very good ideas and awesome points.

My favorite Panther moment was during Secret Invasion, I literally jumped out of my chair in the final moments of T'Challa and Storm defeating the Skrulls.

Something along these lines fits perfectly with this caliber of couple.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I may not like the direction that he might be going in but for some reason that suit looks amazing. But then again I'm also prone to really enjoying the patriotic characters and their suits!

hitechlolife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hitechlolife

Want a black Panther story? Wakandian's want T'Challa's blood for destroying the vibranium. He is exiled and hunted by a new rogues gallery. Shuri is at first conflicted but after seeing how her people have fallen from grace comes to hate her brother leading to Panther v Panther mayhem. Storm visits Mephisto and annuls their marriage in exchange for a new sports car.  I'd read it, well maybe not the last bit.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By karrob
    @hackstermatrix said:
    " He should go back to Wakanda at least for a some time. "
    @darkcloakx said:
    " give black panther a movie and make it a  good one  .  in comics keep black panther interesting yet make him exciting an exciting character. "
    These!
    Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Blue Son

American Corps? ................ Alright it was funny when they did the Deadpool Corps, but this looks like too much biting off of DC work now...jeez I mean the Batman Inc idea isn't a year old publishing wise.

As far as the Black Panther goes gotta say not impressed, it was cool when he took over for DD, but now it seems the Marvel team has lost direction with him. Put him in the Secret Avengers for goodness sakes...reunite him back with his wife and keep him out of the red, white, and blue the man is NOT an America so don't try to sell him as one!

Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Midnight Monk

WTF!? Seriously what are they smoking at Marvel these day! I tolerated Man Without Fear because even though it made no sense for T'Challa to leave Wakanda in it's time of need, it was a good book but this American Panther BS is downright....unnecessary!? It doesn't fit him at all, Marvel is just looking for new way to bury my favorite character

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Video_Martian

The "American Panther" is without a doubt the dumbest idea i've ever heard from Marvel.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

WHAT IN THE WORLD, SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE . If the Black Panther is in New York, whose running Wakanda, please somebody explain to me this problem. I'm lost and I don't know what's happening if anything it's all confusing and is he still married to storm?
    Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mumbles

it wouldn't be the Marvel way if they didn't mess up a solid character with a new outfit. he'll fight for america, get mad at the government, divorce his wife, and probably reclaim his old kingdom. i say all within a year.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mutant God

Wait I thought American Panther was goig to be a different person
    Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Fantasgasmic

Seriously, Black Panther sucks now. How is he still married to Storm when they live on opposite coasts and never appear together anymore? It's like their marriage is more of a loveless political one than Crystal and Ronan The Accuser.

Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Joe Venom

There are like 4 or 5 Avenger teams out there he needs to got to one of them, and that costume is ridiculous I was speechless when I saw it (not in a good way) I'm just glad hes not one of my favorite characters (not even top 40), sooo Marvel can do whatever the heck they want with him I guess

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By frogjitsu

I don't care if he is in Wakanda or not, I just think he should spend more time with his wife, perferably on the same team.  Maybe they could both be Avengers together.  It would be cool to see Storm on the Avengers, like she was in the Marvel Adventures Avengers series.  Besides the X-office doesn't seem to have much use for her anyways.  It was cool when they were both on the Fantastic Four.  I'd like to see something like that again.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Osiris1428 said:
    " @JonesDeini said:
    " @TDK_1997: 
    "
    @Blackreverend said:
    " @JonesDeini:  COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER! THANK YOU FOR EXPOSING THE TRUTH!

Finally I would have T'Challa lead a team of global heroes to solve humanity's problems. With US Agent, Captain Britain, Red Guardian, a new Major Mapleleaf and him as the Black Panther (A superhero not a ruler and living wherever Storm is). This series could easily replace one of the many Avengers titles... "
    These were all great ideas. But, I fear they won't listen. "
    Everything y'all said, folk. What I really want to see is T'challa dealing with rebuilding his nation. If a whole arc of Stark Resilient can be successful why not something similar for Wakanda? Also I want to see an international team of heroes in Marvel very badly. I also want to see T'challa's intellect firmly established, let's see him scientifically tackle his nations energy and economic issues, a follow up on that Shadow Physics threat would be awesome. Let's see what would happen if Wakanda broke their nonintervention position with other nations. Or what if the people are tired of a monarchy and ready for a democracy? I'd love to see a story that creates some lasting change in Wakanda. 
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#44  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Mutant God: Mentioned in the article. Is it him or is it someone else?
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Fantasgasmic: 
    In man without fear he tells storm that he loves her, but can't have any aides or ties to his past life if he's going to "Test and find himself" sigh...a convenient way for Liss to avoid the fact that he has no idea how to deal with his marriage. That's a universal problem for all Panther writers it seems. I'm in no way a fan of the marriage, but TRY to make it believable Marvel!!! It's like it happened, sales didn't boost, so they subsequently said "Oh well...screw it!" It's been six years and I see/feel no chemistry between them. This is especially true from T'challa's end. I've been loving Liss' Francavilla's Panther title so far, but it isn't without its flaws. Now that I know this "American Panther" craps on the horizon, I know where to jump off. I guess I can take solace in the fact that Storm and Kraven are set to make appearances in Man Without Fear.

@G-Man said:
    " @Mutant God: Mentioned in the article. Is it him or is it someone else? "
    I'm praying it's not :P
    34t efsdfs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By 34t efsdfs

I've always felt the Black Panther stretches my ability to suspend my disbelief. I mean how does a guy who is the political, military, and spiritual leader of one of the most advanced and xenophobic nations in the world have the time to parade around in another country playing superhero? And isn't 'Black Panther' his title as ruler of Wakanda? Depending on what he's doing and which country he's in, he could trigger a war by going outside in that costume and playing hero. And who's watching over his kingdom while he's out fighting the villain of the week?

Shuri should be Black Panther. This frees T'Challa of his responsibilities as ruler while maintaining his link to the Wakandan government and its resources. T'Challa needs to find a new name. Shuri then remains in Wakanda, taking on enemies of the country, leading it's people, and perhaps asking her brother for advice from time to time. Through her connection to T'Challa, and T'Challa's connection to the outside world, perhaps the people of Wakanda can learn to be more accepting or understanding of outsiders?

And a hero is only as good as his enemies. If Batman never took down anyone tougher than a purse snatcher, he wouldn't be the goddamn Batman. T'Challa (now a superhero solving the world's problems with his genius intellect) could make some new enemies more personal to him and what's he's doing, rather than his country.

The Black Panther is long overdue for a change; his inconsistent writing has prevented him from becoming a better quality character. But the American Panther is the wrong change to make (if that's T'Challa under there). Sure he's working stateside now, but let's not completely ignore the fact that he's a proud Wakandan. I'm not saying he should wear the Wakandan flag (I actually think something more military like the one he's been wearing lately fits him), but the American flag isn't the right choice for him. He's not American, and making him wear the flag won't change that. He's Wakandan, and writers have to be willing write him that way.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Honestly I just wanna Thank G-man for writing this. Marvel has ruined my Favorite character and now seeks to kill him( If that is indeed him under there.) What about his wife, what about the rebuilding of his nation what about providing aid to his sister nations. The Panther can be doing so much more than running a diner using a fake name that is a bad Homage to things fall apart. And in this case they have his whole life and legacy. Thanks alot marvel  .

Chris_Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Chris_Visions

I agree, I wanna see Black Panther deal with something that is pertinent to him, like a 'Black Panther x Unknown Soldier' kind of story. Yes, I get that he's in Hell Kitchen doin' his thing, but he must care about Wakanda just alittle. And PLEASE shake up the Storm/Black Panther angle, I mean I know it's a marriage, as dull as that can be (j/k), but this is comic books.  

SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By SuperXAsh

Was Hudlin's series that successful?? It always seemed to split the fanbase in half, (specially due to character de-railment, unlikeable characters, etc.) maybe his being in New York is an attempt to get him back on track after that, or make him more appealing again to normal comic readers. *shrugs*

This American Panther might have something to do with Fear Itself, so maybe that's one of BP's fears, forsaking his homeland completely.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By Fantasgasmic
    @JonesDeini: well the idea to make Black Panther the new Daredevil was also stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.