Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3342 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Nubian Prince - The Black Panther Movie We're All Longing For!!!

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Edited By Blackreverend

There's been a whole lot of talk lately about who should get the lead in Marvel's Black Panther movie. I present to you some of the best movie casting and plotting you'll ever see on this site! Check it out and leave a comment... I guarantee you won't be dissapointed!

I think we're all in agreement that a Black Panther movie needs to be made! Well I think I found the perfect cast and plot for it. Here is part one of my Black Panther trilogy!

THE HEROES

No Caption Provided

Prince T'Challa is a selfish, stubborn but brilliant young man. Unlike his father, T'Challa is a man of science. He doesn't care about being king and everyone in the kingdom knows it. When King T'Chaka suddenly dies, T'Challa becomes obsessed with uncovering the truth for even though he and his father often butt heads; T'Chaka is the greatest man he has ever known.

Why Aldis Hodge? Aldis is an extremely talented actor! I've watched every season of Leverage and more than once has he pulled of a very decent African accent. Give him some time in the homeland and he'll be even more convincing! Other than that he has martial arts training and is very athletic and handsome. A role like this could really give him a stage to prove himself and get the recognition he deserves...

No Caption Provided

Hunter is King T'Chaka's adopted son and was once the only heir to the throne. He deeply loves his father because even though he didn't look like everyone else T'Chaka took him in and made a prince of an orphan. He really wants to believe that his brother has what it takes to reclaim the throne but he has his doubts.

Why Guy Pearce? Well hunter is a crafty and layered character. Guy Pearce might be a little old but a little cinema magic and he would be perfect in this role but my second choice would have been Dustin Clare who plays Gannicus in Spartacus...

No Caption Provided

T'Shan is spoiled and free spirited. All he cares about is having fun and flirting with women. He doesn't get along with his father Syan and blames him for not being the next heir to the throne. He isn't known for being smart or strong which is why he mainly manipulates others to get what he wants.

Why David Oyelowo? Because he's a star! He's landed some great supporting roles in a number of films because of his talent. This character would be very similar to the one he played in "Red Tails"...

No Caption Provided

Storm is nothing like the girls in Wakanda. All she knows is survival and isn't very good at making first impressions. She's strong because her circumstances have made her such but doesn't like to be pitied.

Why Zoe Saldana? Truth is although she's had many great roles in sci-fi and action films, she still hasn't played a superhero. She would make an amazing Ororo Munroe and my God is she sexy!

No Caption Provided

Nakia was born and raised to one day be queen and acts like it. She's very protective of her master and future king. She needs him and is convinced that he needs her.

Why Tracey Heggins? Honestly because she's beautiful! Don't get me wrong lol she can act... see "Medicine for Melancholy" or I might get killed for this but look out for her in the next "Twilight". The Chosen Ones represent the finest Africa has to offer and in my opinion Tracey can portray that!

No Caption Provided

Okoye is the perfect Dora Milaje. She doesn't question orders and she doesn't fail. She's strong, beautiful and dangerous just like her mother Aneka.

Why Yaya Dacosta? Yaya is definitely a rising star not to mention that she too is gorgeous. She one of the best young black actresses America has to offer. She would be a great addition to the cast and specifically in this role.

THE REBELS

No Caption Provided

Zuri is the leader of the resistance and the greatest street fighter in Wakanda. He was once just a regular country man until Man-Ape became king and began enslaving the people of his tribe. Now he leads an army of rebels who fight for the freedom and future of all Wakandans.

Why Steve Toussaint? We needed someone huge for this part but having a huge guy that can't act is useless. Steve has played in many action flicks. I remember him most for his part in "Prince of Persia"...

No Caption Provided

Princess Shuri is a stubborn and angry young woman. Having lost her father and step brothers, her mother is all she has left. She's willing to do anything to see her enemies suffer and be punished for their crimes.

Why Tika Sumpter? Tika is most known for her recurring role as Raina Thorpe on Gossip Girl and as Jenna Rice in the CW/BET sitcom, The Game. She was also in Think like a Man as Dominic's girlfriend. She could do an amazing Shuri.

THE OTHERS

No Caption Provided

King T'Chaka was very close to being known as the realms greatest king until his reign was cut short. He is mostly known as being a very spiritual man and for banning the public use and weaponizing of vibranium after the people of a small town began to develop mutations due to too much exposure.

Why Adewale Akinnuoye? He was one of the first to publicly declare his interest in the role. I want to see a young Black Panther so he's not my choice for T'Challa but he would be great as T'Chaka. His only appearances would be in flashbacks.

No Caption Provided

Queen Mother was a woman from South Africa who won the heart of T'Chaka King of Wakanda after his previous wife N'Yami died giving birth to T'Challa. She was surrogate mother to Hunter and T'Challa and with T'Chaka produced a daughter named Shuri.

Why Alfre Woodard? Clearly she's much older than Adewale but I think it could still be believable if her husband had died ten years prior. Personally I can't imagine anyone else playing this role!

No Caption Provided

Syan is King T'Chaka's brother. When his brother dies, Syan takes on the weight of the crown and steps up as the king regent. Syan has always connected more with T'Challa because they have similar minds unfortunately this would drive a wedge in his relationship with his own son T'Shan.

Why Djimon Hounsou? Another favorite for the lead but too old! If he played Syan he would still be in some decent action scenes and get the chance to be the Black Panther.

No Caption Provided

Aneka was King T'Chaka's last Dora Milaje. Once he chose T'Challa's birth mother to be his queen, all the other Dora Milaje left. Aneka stayed behind and dedicated herself to raising up and training the next generation.

Why Angela Bassett? If it's an American made film why pretend like we're going to get a full African cast? As long as we have a stellar cast we're good enough. Angela Bassett wouldn't have the biggest role in this film but she's a incredible actress and would definitely contribute to the films overall success...

No Caption Provided

Ngassi is an elderly man who acted as functionary and close colleague to King T'Chaka. He is one of the King's most trusted advisors and has the duty of selecting a dutiful replacement to carry on the Black Panther title.

Why Morgan Freeman? Morgan freeman is another veteran of the industry that would definitely contribute to the films overall success...

No Caption Provided

Achebe is a man whose real identity is still unknown. He is the guardian of the sacred garden in which the heart shaped herbs are found. He appears not to age and is a prophet, sorcerer and priest of the highest order.

Why Leonard Roberts? I haven't seen him in too many movies but we already know how talented an actor he is...

THE VILLAINS

No Caption Provided

Man-Ape is one of Wakanda's greatest warriors and of noble blood. King T'Chaka intrusted him to watch over the vibranium mound and to monitor its effect on the vegetation and wildlife but M'Baku broke the law by worshipping and sacrificing White Gorillas in a sacred ritual that would give him apelike strength, agility and stamina. The two men clashed and have been enemies ever since.

No Caption Provided

Ulysses Klaw is a Dutch scientist that traveled to Wakanda to acquire and do experiments on vibranium. King T'Chaka refused him access and fought with him. He eventually blasted off Klaw's right hand with one of Klaw's sound weapons but not before Klaw made T'Chaka swallow a poison that would slowly kill him. After the king's death, Ulysses returned to Wakanda and manipulated Man-Ape into taking the throne in order to avenge his forefathers and finish his work.

THE PLOT

The movie begins with T’Challa being interviewed… "So tell us about your father, how did he die? We know you were only 11 at the time but you figured it out didn't you? I mean he was only in his fifties when he suddenly fell sick right?" T’Challa flashes back to T'Chaka's last fight with Klaw... "I’m sure your father would be very proud of you. You’re not the same man you were a few months ago!"

Rewind to several months before… Regent Syan is having his regular meeting with the heads of the numerous clans but only Hunter shows up. Before he starts he asks “Where is the prince?” Hunter replies “here I am uncle”, “Not you” sighs Syan “Hunter go find your brother” … Hunter leaves the board room frustrated: “Yes uncle”.

T’Shan slept in because he was out partying all night and T’Challa is with his younger sister Shuri locked up in his room investigating his father’s murder who died under mysterious circumstances ten years earlier.

Man-Ape attempts to convince the board to allow the mining and weaponizing of vibranium but Syan dismisses the idea. T’Chaka believed that the vibranium was cursed (Killmonger and his crew of mutates) and that it should be left alone. Man-Ape believes that Wakanda is and was always meant to become an empire and that the use of vibranium to make weapons is a must.

Unfortunately he did not know how to do it himself so he made a deal with Professor Ulysses Klaw. In exchange for a limited amount and the chance to research the vibranium, Klaw agreed to help Man-Ape defeat Syan in a one on one battle.

When the annual battle for the crown arrived Man-Ape was the first to challenge the king regent. Syan fought long and hard, never tiring but once Klaw activated his beacon from his facility in the jungle, Man-Ape gained the upper hand and shortly after put an end to Syan’s resistance.

All who witnessed were horrified as a pool of blood surrounded Syan's body. In less than 20 minutes Man-Ape had become ruler of the country.

"MY FIRST ORDER AS KING IS THE BANISHMENT OF ALL THE SONS OF THE FORMER HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Man-Ape became a ruthless king; he made slaves of the rebels and surrounding nations so they could mine the vibranium. He also kept princess Shuri to be his bride.

N’Gassi took T’Challa away before he had a chance to challenge his uncle’s killer and convinces him to leave and come back when he’s more prepared. Aneka assigns Nakia and her daughter Okoye as his Dora Milaje and orders them to stay at his side and protect him with their lives as he represents the future of the nation.

Once exiled T’Challa, T’Shan, Hunter, Okoye and Nakia ran into Storm who tried to steal from them. When she got caught, she and T’Challa spend some time together. She showed him the poverty in the world around them and the selfishness of the rich.

T’Challa’s heart was touched so he devised a plan to take down Man-Ape’s slavery operation. But before they began it, T’Challa left on a secret mission from N’Gassi to retrieve an item (heart shaped herb) that would help him defeat Man-Ape. When he got to his destination somewhere deep in the forbidden jungle he meets Achebe the guardian of the garden in which the herbs are found.

When he gets back they locate the largest slave camp and attack it but they get captured. Storm refuses to re-become a slave and leaves before she gets caught. All the slaves get smuggled into Wakanda and shipped to the Vibranium mound to work the mines. This is where the band meets Zuri the rebel leader. During this time T’Shan shares his disapproval of T’Challa’s actions with Hunter. Having been left out of the loop they blame him for their capture. They thought that he was lowering himself and showing weakness by having fell for Storm who eventually betrayed them and for becoming so friendly with the other slaves. Together they agreed that whatever should happen, it would be best that one of them became the next Black Panther. T’Challa shares his plans to free the slaves and reclaim the throne with Zuri who arranges through his connections to get a message to Shuri. Zuri helps T’Challa understand his people and connect with them. Before long they begin to refer to him as the Nubian Prince.

Then one day Man-Ape comes to visit the mine and brings Shuri with him. Shuri pretends to be impressed and while Man-Ape and the supervisor are speaking she sneaks into the control room and unlocks all the cells… Everyone breaks free and the rebellion begins. In the midst of all the chaos Hunter tracks down T’Shan now seeing him as competition for the throne and kills him.

When the people take control of the mine, T’Challa steps up and challenges Man-Ape for the throne. Forced to accept challenges from anyone of royal blood, they fight but even without Klaw to interfere T’Challa is losing. T’Challa flashes back to his time with Achebe “the Black Panther is more than a title but the embodiment of the nation’s ideals. When that is what you’re fighting for, then the power will be yours”. T’Challa looks around at his countrymen’s disappointment as he gets humiliated by Man-Ape. ”Bast Panther God of life, like my forefathers before I vow to be your avatar but if I do not win our people will die and suffer. Please give me the strength to be all that they need me to be!” and all of a sudden T’Challa’s senses and abilities become enhanced and he takes over the fight.

As T’Challa is about to finish his opponent Man-Ape pleas for his life and reveals that Klaw is actually the mastermind behind T’Chaka’s death. Knowing he has missed his chance to become king, Hunter arrives just in time to see T’Challa spare Man-Ape’s life and exile his whole clan.

T’Challa manages to track down Klaw and after an epically choreographed fight he'll manage to turn his own weapon on himself and kill him.

T’Challa is crowned king and the new Black Panther

The after credits scene is of Man-Ape getting taken into shield custody and questioned about Wakanda.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? Wouldn't it be awesome if it was directed by the South African phenom Neil Blomkamp (District 9) and done in all hand-held and/or documentary style?

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for iamlovewithin500
    Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Iamlovewithin500

You can kick Zoe's bland acting ass out...Nuh uh 

Halle wasn't the best Storm,I admit,but Zoe don't got nothing on Ms.Berry.

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Blackreverend

@Iamlovewithin500: loll I'm not gonna argue preferences lol but what did ut think of the actual plot? Would u watch it? Does it pay enough homage to the Black Panther character?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SoA

@Iamlovewithin500: agree, otherwise not bad ,

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i think gabrielle dennis from the game would make a beautiful and sexy, smart storm but i am ok with zoe saldana. she 's as great actress. i think killmonger might make a better villian than man-ape.

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blackreverend

@Mega_spidey01 said:

i think gabrielle dennis from the game would make a beautiful and sexy, smart storm but i am ok with zoe saldana. she 's as great actress. i think killmonger might make a better villian than man-ape.

This is my idea for the first installment of a trilogy... Killmonger is the Baddie in the third n last part... Keep an eye out, I'll be posting it soon :)

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
    @Blackreverend said:

@Iamlovewithin500: loll I'm not gonna argue preferences lol but what did ut think of the actual plot? Would u watch it? Does it pay enough homage to the Black Panther character?

Yeah. 

Pretty good plot 

I like the documentary style
    Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blackreverend

@Iamlovewithin500: Thanks XD I know it's not likely to ever be more than Fan fiction but I really wish I could see this in real life :P

As for your first comment, Hale Berry is like a Black Marilyn Munroe. Nobody that's a serious fan of hers would be happy seeing her part being given to someone else...

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Iamlovewithin500

@Blackreverend: LOL

The sad thing is Storm probably couldn't be in a BP film,at least not ATM,simply because her rights are with Fox/Marvel and not Disney/Marvel...

^^^^^^^^

Storm not Happy.

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blackreverend

@Iamlovewithin500: I know eh... Damn shame :(

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Loki9876

hm pretty cool but not like all documentary the movie could start and end with it but not too much.

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blackreverend

@Loki9876: That could work too lol thanks for commenting... :)

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By BatteredArmor

Why are so many comments about Storm, she can't even legally be in the movie.....

That being said this is amazingly thought out and cool, I'm not sure about the documentary thing and like I said before Storm can't actually be in it at least not unchanged, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of this

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blackreverend

@BlackArmor said:

Why are so many comments about Storm, she can't even legally be in the movie.....

That being said this is amazingly thought out and cool, I'm not sure about the documentary thing and like I said before Storm can't actually be in it at least not unchanged, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of this

lol honestly I'd rather ten comments about Storm than none at all :P I mean I did put her in there knowing full well she has her own fan base and that I probably will never see this movie made...

I'm really happy you were able to recognise the thought and effort that went behind it... the hand-held/documentary styles is way too risky for Marvel but I would still like to see it done.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Blackreverend said:

I'm really happy you were able to recognise the thought and effort that went behind it... the hand-held/documentary styles is way too risky for Marvel but I would still like to see it done.

Yeah, I've tried doing something like this multiple times for various properties but I can never muster the attention span to actually do it so I know that doing something like this takes allot of effort. The documentary thing would at least serve to differentiate this from Marvel's other movies. It's a shame that we'll probably never get a BP movie

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blackreverend

@BlackArmor: Still got my fingers crossed :P

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ARMIV2

Those are some pretty good choices.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Twentyfive

@Blackreverend: I read your synopsis, and I love it. It is so good, and I hope something gets made of this. And this can also expand the Black Panther into a franchise of movies. My idea for a BP movie would be like an invasion scenario, and BP would use his vast intellect to ward off the threat. While many nations fall, Wakanda remains unconquerable. And the final one should have either the Fantastic Four, or other Marvel Monarchs like Namor and Dr. Doom! Or even all three.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Blackreverend said:

same here, I'm kind of sad that were getting Rocket Raccoon on the big screen before we get T'Challa, nothing wrong with RR or the rest of the Guardians but the fact that Marvel hasn't put out a movie with a solo black hero...or really any black hero in their movie initiative is disappointing

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blackreverend

@ARMIV2: Thanks man glad u like :P

@Twentyfive: I'm so stoked u actually think this has potential. Definitely keep an eye out for part two and three and don't be surprised if I do just that :P

@BlackArmor: They haven't done it yet cauz they don't know how lol the moment they realize that the key to it not being a black movie is by plain ol' just making a movie of exceptional quality then they'll get to work on it but a lot of the people in the industry only know how to stereotype and over cliche. To them those are the two things that make a great film but they're wrong!

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@BlackArmor said:

@Blackreverend said:

same here, I'm kind of sad that were getting Rocket Raccoon on the big screen before we get T'Challa, nothing wrong with RR or the rest of the Guardians but the fact that Marvel hasn't put out a movie with a solo black hero...or really any black hero in their movie initiative is disappointing

i'll be there opening day when marvel makes a bp movie. marvel step-your game up harder now, after avengers and make an epic bp movie but mature, thrilling and dangerous. @Blackereverend what type of fighting style should t'challa have what type personality should he have? have you seen a show called breaking bad i think his personality should be similar to gus fring from breaking bad. what do u think ?

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheAntiReVamp

Morgan Freeman,Every movie needs him.

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blackreverend

@Mega_spidey01: I haven't thought a whole lot about that but I always imagined a fighting style like capoiera but without the dancing. I know that that's what allows those fighters to pull those power moves but it would be interesting IMO to see a style like that.

@TheAntiReVamp said:

Morgan Freeman,Every movie needs him.

His name adds a lot of credibility to a movie... Think of Thor, no one knew Chris Hemsworth but everyone knew Anthony Hopkins and the supporting cast. I think this cast would be able to bring out a lot of non comic fans in the same way!

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

From your keyboard to God's ears. This needs to happen ASAP!

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mega_spidey01

what about wing chu ? its a style that was used in a movie called ip man and was taught to bruce lee.

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Blackreverend

@WaveMotionCannon said:

From your keyboard to God's ears. This needs to happen ASAP!

Glad u like :D

@Mega_spidey01: It's an awesome fighting style but it's so not panther-like... Check this vid... I wish I could just cut out the music tho but this is way more how I imagined his style... Or if thats too extreme I could also see T'Challa fighting like Michael Jai White does...

Ohh and I checked out Gus on youtube... I get what you're saying but gus doesn't have that royal blood badassness! Close tho :P

shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shrmntnk62

Id be way more into this then that Guardians of the Galaxy thing.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Iamlovewithin500 said:
    You can kick Zoe's bland acting ass out...Nuh uh  Halle wasn't the best Storm,I admit,but Zoe don't got nothing on Ms.Berry.
    Don't hate on Zoe.
    Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Blackreverend

@shrmntnk62: Thanks dude means a lot and yeah I think Marvel's got their priorities screwed up a bit :(

@Vance Astro: I really tried not to debate over it but she's perfect for that role and is a lot sexier and gifted at acting than people give her credit...

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
    @Vance Astro said:
    @Iamlovewithin500 said:
    You can kick Zoe's bland acting ass out...Nuh uh  Halle wasn't the best Storm,I admit,but Zoe don't got nothing on Ms.Berry.
    Don't hate on Zoe.

Don't get me started Vance....lol  
    :)  
    Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Blackreverend

@BlackArmor: @Twentyfive: @ARMIV2: @Loki9876: @Iamlovewithin500: @SoA: @Mega_spidey01:@Vance Astro: @shrmntnk62: @WaveMotionCannon: @TheAntiReVamp:

first of all thank you so much for the comments, critiques and praise but before I post part two I wanted to hear from you, If this movie was made...

What would you want to see come next for the King of Wakanda?

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Iamlovewithin500: They could give a hint of her relation with the Black Panther. I do hope we see such a film and honestly, I think your scenario was interesting!

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Twentyfive

@Blackreverend: Him and his country warding off an alien invasion like in the secret invasion storyline. That will lead to a whole big alien thing with the Avengers 2 movie.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By SoA

@Blackreverend:have Moses Magnum be the villain , along with kilmonger, trying to get T'Challa to sign in on some vibranium themed project . that or black panther + storm movie with shadow king involved

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.