Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3342 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

No Black Couples

• 87 results
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By CellphoneGirl

@Vance Astro: That is true! It'll actually break my heart to see them torn apart. They should really seriously highlight this couple a lot more.

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Silver Zeal

@davidkenneth said:

So is it just me or are there no black couples still togther in all of the Marvel Universe?

Honestly der r ZERO non-white couples in Marvel period...apparently no relationship is worth telling or recognition unless dey r both white or @ least 1 of d partners is white.

Dis is wat we/SZ had postedin a similar thread in comicbookresources:

Black adult relationships in comics

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?421986-Black-Adult-Relationships-in-Comics/page5

Y not a bm/bf lasting & progressive loving and developed relationship...now dat will b groundbreaking given hw predominatly white couples r written as humane being in luv while non-white couples r used a gimmicks & worse caricatures 2 impose dat "Black people only date each other bcuz of their skin color" but sumhw dat doesnt apply 2 white people.

Interracial dating is all gr8 but y do Asian, Latino, Arab Native American or Black males & women hv 2 date a white person 4 it 2 b interracial?

Y cant American Eagle huk-up with Misty Knight?

Y cant Rhode/War Machine huk-up ith Suzi Endo/Cybermancer?

Y cant living Lightning b with Sabra?

Y cant Shang-chi huk-up with Black Widow or Silver Sable?(yes, d ladies may b white but Asian males r sumwat 'refused' frm white women yet d reverse is intergalactically disproportionate across all media)

Y cant d Arabian Knight(r any Arab xcter in comix) b with say Firestar or Spidergirl(both hispanic)?

Den wat abt same race couple who r non-white?

bm/bw, am/af, lm/lw, etc type of relationships...r only white people capable of luving each other?

Wat does dat say abt d rest of us non-whites?

Dat sumhw we/non-whites r covertly disgusted with our own kind but completely treasure d affiliation of white people?

So much so dat we/non-whites viciously go after sum pink dick or pussy so as 2 'elevate' ourselves or 2 b 'recognised'?

Storm & BP/Tchalla...dat was "groundbreaking" in all of comix, MARVEL simply REFUSED 2 develop it.

Now if dey were both white or if 1 of dem where white.....?

Just saying it as we c it!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By fodigg

The only pair I can think of is Miles Morales' parents but while they're both poc my understanding is that only his father is black. And some might think that doesn't count because 1) they're supporting characters, not heroic characters, and 2) it's the Ultimate universe, not the 616.

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Silver Zeal

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Aren't Monica Rambeau and Brother Voodoo still together?

Nope...bcuz Bendis went & stupidly killed-off Doctor Voodoo.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By KnightRise

@Silver Zeal said:

@davidkenneth said:

So is it just me or are there no black couples still togther in all of the Marvel Universe?

Honestly der r ZERO non-white couples in Marvel period...apparently no relationship is worth telling or recognition unless dey r both white or @ least 1 of d partners is white.

Dis is wat we/SZ had postedin a similar thread in comicbookresources:

Black adult relationships in comics

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?421986-Black-Adult-Relationships-in-Comics/page5

Y not a bm/bf lasting & progressive loving and developed relationship...now dat will b groundbreaking given hw predominatly white couples r written as humane being in luv while non-white couples r used a gimmicks & worse caricatures 2 impose dat "Black people only date each other bcuz of their skin color" but sumhw dat doesnt apply 2 white people.

Interracial dating is all gr8 but y do Asian, Latino, Arab Native American or Black males & women hv 2 date a white person 4 it 2 b interracial?

Y cant American Eagle huk-up with Misty Knight?

Y cant Rhode/War Machine huk-up ith Suzi Endo/Cybermancer?

Y cant living Lightning b with Sabra?

Y cant Shang-chi huk-up with Black Widow or Silver Sable?(yes, d ladies may b white but Asian males r sumwat 'refused' frm white women yet d reverse is intergalactically disproportionate across all media)

Y cant d Arabian Knight(r any Arab xcter in comix) b with say Firestar or Spidergirl(both hispanic)?

Den wat abt same race couple who r non-white?

bm/bw, am/af, lm/lw, etc type of relationships...r only white people capable of luving each other?

Wat does dat say abt d rest of us non-whites?

Dat sumhw we/non-whites r covertly disgusted with our own kind but completely treasure d affiliation of white people?

So much so dat we/non-whites viciously go after sum pink dick or pussy so as 2 'elevate' ourselves or 2 b 'recognised'?

Storm & BP/Tchalla...dat was "groundbreaking" in all of comix, MARVEL simply REFUSED 2 develop it.

Now if dey were both white or if 1 of dem where white.....?

Just saying it as we c it!

I don't even...what?

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Silver Zeal

As of right now we/SZ luv want dem(BP/STORM) 2gether but if Marvel & X-editors r ssoooooooooooo strung-up on tearing Storm away from any meaningful marriage with BP/Tchalla den we advocate dat MONICA RAMBEAU/Photon & BP/Tchalla huk-up & get it on after all she has had a loooooong crush on BP/Tchalla dis is her chance(& moment 2 GTFO of limbo).

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Silver Zeal

@fodigg said:

The only pair I can think of is Miles Morales' parents but while they're both poc my understanding is that only his father is black. And some might think that doesn't count because 1) they're supporting characters, not heroic characters, and 2) it's the Ultimate universe, not the 616.

Hell, Morales's parents r d ONLY interracial couple we can think of were neither partner is white.....but dey dont count bcuz dey r merely bakground(although very important) xcters.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By fodigg

@Silver Zeal: Yeah, I have to say I'm torn on this. I very much do like to see representation for interracial couples and characters who are the offspring of said couples--my wife and I have our first on the way who will be Filipino/white--but that there are no black/black pairings at all is a pretty galling example of under-representation. Even as a 'white' component of an interracial marriage, I can't help but think this has some unfortunate implications re: the idea of somehow needing a poc character to 'marry white' in order to make that character accessible to white audiences. That's both unfortunate and offensive.

If we factor in DC characters, well, the Milestone characters included some examples but what has DC really done with those? And Victor Stone's parents are an example but his Mom is dead before he's even introduced in the DCnU. The only heroic example I can think of is John Stewart/Vixen, which I think was only in the animated DCU, and even then it was portrayed as not his "destined" partner, who was instead the white Hawkgirl, which in the future we can see led to the Warhawk or whatever that guy was named from Justice League Beyond.

Edit: Wait, Batwing has a fellow-cop love interest that is black. So there's another, although it's still firmly in "love interest" phase and not romance phase.

So yeah, I'm torn. I certainly don't think the answer is to say no to any more interracial pairings, but more poc characters generally and black/black pairings specifically would be most welcome. Another reason to be bummed about the breakup of the Storm/Panther relationship, with which pretty much nothing was done the whole time it existed.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i guess having a black couples offends the reader and makes it hard to relate to. i wish they were a happy black couple in the marvel universe & DC.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@Mega_spidey01 said:

i guess having a black couples offends the reader and makes it hard to relate to. i wish they were a happy black couple in the marvel universe & DC.

What? lol.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Silver Zeal said:

As of right now we/SZ luv want dem(BP/STORM) 2gether but if Marvel & X-editors r ssoooooooooooo strung-up on tearing Storm away from any meaningful marriage with BP/Tchalla den we advocate dat MONICA RAMBEAU/Photon & BP/Tchalla huk-up & get it on after all she has had a loooooong crush on BP/Tchalla dis is her chance(& moment 2 GTFO of limbo).

Photon and BP is fine with me.

please include my Storm and Wolverine wedding proposal! : )

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By windcaster

I seriously been hoping for Joanna Cargill and James Rhodes or    Monica Rambeau  and   Jericho Drumm to hook up. I mean I know Jericho is dead but you would think the one person who would come back to life would be the  Houngan Supreme.  

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Silver Zeal

@jhazzroucher said:

@Silver Zeal said:

We all know he will only b as loyal 2 Storm long enuff till he fancies sum other random orifice...dats his thing.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Silver Zeal said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Silver Zeal said:

We all know he will only b as loyal 2 Storm long enuff till he fancies sum other random orifice...dats his thing.

Wolverine will stick with Storm forever once they get married. It's easy to write them both. lol as if i'm the writer. : )

moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By moneyspider1

Wolverine and Storm? Yeah, ok. He's so beneath her it's not even funny. Plus they have a sister/brother type of relationship so that wouldn't even work. And just because they've been teammates for decades doesn't mean they should be lovers.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By Blood1991

@moneyspider1 said:

Wolverine and Storm? Yeah, ok. He's so beneath her it's not even funny. Plus they have a sister/brother type of relationship so that wouldn't even work. And just because they've been teammates for decades doesn't mean they should be lovers.

Well alittle harsh but I do agree, I hate the idea. If I put Ororo with one of the X-Men it would be Kurt

moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By moneyspider1

I don't know, I don't have anything personal against Nightcrawler, but I'm glad that Storm ventured outside of the X-Men to have a relationship. For all the people who hollered and threw a hissy-fit while accusing Marvel and Reginald Hudlin of only pairing Storm with Black Panther because they are both black, many X-Men fans keep trying to romantically link Storm up with her fellow mutants...because she and her potential mutant lover would both be mutants. (Which, while I'm on the subject, is different from the ones who hollered "Racism!" when Marvel put two black characters together, but want to see Storm and Thor romantically linked because they both control/command lightning.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Umbraa

Why does she have to be with anyone? Thor, Logan, etc will never work, and would be far worst then T'challa. She would be a jump off for both. Night crawler is dead. Forge is dead. T'challa's profile is higher then most males X-men anyway (fact!). It's funny that their relationship was basically "Marvel NOW" lol. Oh well. Marvel is going to do what they want, but they need to watch it. People are watching how they handle this.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'd rather Storm be dead than with Nightcrawler.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Umbraa

Same. He's dead, so there is that. It will be interesting to see the plans they have for her with Marvel NOW. I heard nothing really, other then the stuff dealing with T'challa and part of a cape on a cover. I'm a fan of Bendis, Aaron and Reminder..yet I'm not sure the guys..the mega plot movers even like her. Just saying...she would be better off with Hickman.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Vance Astro said:

LOL

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Umbraa said:
    He's dead, so there is that.
    This is Marvel. He could be back in any issue.
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Umbraa

@Vance, please. And the sky is blue and water is wet.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Umbraa said:
    @Vance, please. And the sky is blue and water is wet.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By Blood1991

@Vance Astro said:

(;_;)

beats alot of the other candidates in my opinion, but I'm still rooting for her and Tchalla just incase Marvel bullsh!ts us. If not I'd rather them both be single.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#77  Edited By No_Name_

So, were T'Challa and Ororo the first Black superhero couple? Just wondering.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#78  Edited By papad1992

@Babs said:

Don't know but they are certainly the first Black Couple that I want to break up!! I just don't really like her marriage... I actually liked Storm better when she was dating Forge.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#79  Edited By No_Name_

@papad1992 said:

@Babs said:

Don't know but they are certainly the first Black Couple that I want to break up!! I just don't really like her marriage... I actually liked Storm better when she was dating Forge.

They broke up in AVX #9.

Anyone know the answer to my question? First black superhero couple in comics? Was it these two? Please don't tell me it took until 2006 to happen.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#80  Edited By papad1992

@Babs said:

@papad1992 said:

@Babs said:

They broke up in AVX #9.

Well that's what I get for skipping out on AvX I guess... Oh well.

moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By moneyspider1

@Babs: I think that Storm and the Black Panther might have been the first MARRIED black superhero couple in comics, but I might be wrong about that. I know at DC Comics years ago, the black characters Vixen and Bronze Tiger were a couple, but A)I'm not sure if Bronze Tiger was a superhero or a villain, and B) they were not married.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Enosisik

Probably first where both are heroes but there are B and C list black heroes and villains that are married .

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By PassionFlower

This is something you often see on tv/movies where they get a few characters of color and spread them around like mustard. The writers don't get (care?) PoC want to see their relationships. I love Jessica and Luke but this was something special and historic and it feels like marvel so randomly disrespected it.

Avatar image for draketheslaughter
    DraketheSlaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Like the sound of both pairing's. :D

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#85  Edited By Kairan1979

@moneyspider1 said:

I have to disagree about "wouldn't even work". She was married to Wolverine in the alternate universe, and even had his daughter, Kendall Logan aka Torrent.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By PassionFlower

They aren't tying Wolverine down to any one woman and if they do they'll have Sabertooth kill her in six months. T'Challa will have another queen they will create for him. I think Marvel is stung by the "no black couples" remarks so it will be through him. Storm will have her love interests to come. Eventually they might have her with Forge or not, I'm not sure. But I see her solo but involved. Or they may just have T'Challa and Ororo being awkward around each other for a good while. All bets are off if she is pregnant.

moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By moneyspider1

I just want Storm and the Black Panther to get back together. Forget Wolverine, or another queen, or Forge, or Porge, or Gorge. Just give me Storm and the Black Panther, all day and all night, 24/7.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.