Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3342 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

No Black Couples

• 87 results
    davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By davidkenneth

So is it just me or are there no black couples still togther in all of the Marvel Universe?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By moywar700

the civilians in marvel U count.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Duke_Nasty

Haven't you seen the previews for AvX #11? Luke Cage and T'challa are gonna start dating.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Duke_Nasty said:

Haven't you seen the previews for AvX #11? Luke Cage and T'challa are gonna start dating.

I lol'd

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Weird.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By moywar700

@Duke_Nasty said:

are you for realz?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blood1991

Meh comic marriages rarely last and I don't think the marriage between Rochalla is as over as many may think.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman
    @Blood1991: I don't think it helps them when their couple name kinda sounds like Roach ala. Well that's what it sounds like in my head. :p
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blood1991

@Dernman: Well I never claimed to be good at fusing names lol, but I've gone in depth on how I don't think it is over in two threads now. I just don't see Marvel doing it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dernman
    @Blood1991: Ya I don't think it's definitely over either. It's possible just not definite. Either way something needs to change.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Blood1991 said:

Meh comic marriages rarely last and I don't think the marriage between Rochalla is as over as many may think.

Where did Ro come from anyway? Ororo Munroe? Why not Monchalla or something? I kind of have to hope that they're really breaking up if Panther is getting a solo, if not I don't care but if Hickman has been setting one up I think he'd fare better alone.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blood1991

@Dernman said:

@Blood1991: Ya I don't think it's definitely over either. It's possible just not definite. Either way something needs to change.

Agreed

@BlackArmor said:

@Blood1991 said:

Where did Ro come from anyway? Ororo Munroe? Why not Monchalla or something? I kind of have to hope that they're really breaking up if Panther is getting a solo, if not I don't care but if Hickman has been setting one up I think he'd fare better alone.

I liked the way it rolled off the tounge..... I think Hickman could write a sucessful BP solo, but I am one of the fans who wanted a Black Panther Storm duo title. I think together they could hold a long period solo book, but their fanbases seem to be split in either hating the other character, marriage or wanting them to be successful.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Blood1991: I feel like co-starring might limit the opponents that they could take on due to some non-compatible overlap in the type of foes and task that they're both better suited to take on, I also can foresee some chaffing as a result of having a duo made of two (basically secondary, they both can and often do lead but neither of them are the primary leaders of their respective team) leaders. On top of all of that I think Panther would have more opportunities to be a general badass in a purely solo series. I don't have anything against Storm or her marriage to BP but I'd have him kick her to the curb (or vice versa) if I saw a solo series for either (preferably Panther) on the horizon

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dernman

I don't think they need to separate them for them to have a solo series. They are independent people with their own responsibilities. Like any couple they wake up in the morning go to work and do their own thing. Not saying they should or shouldn't stay married just that they don't need to break them up.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blood1991

@BlackArmor said:

@Blood1991: I feel like co-starring might limit the opponents that they could take on due to some non-compatible overlap in the type of foes and task that they're both better suited to take on, I also can foresee some chaffing as a result of having a duo made of two (basically secondary, they both can and often do lead but neither of them are the primary leaders of their respective team) leaders. On top of all of that I think Panther would have more opportunities to be a general badass in a purely solo series. I don't have anything against Storm or her marriage to BP but I'd have him kick her to the curb (or vice versa) if I saw a solo series for either (preferably Panther) on the horizon

I think alot of that depends on the extent of Black Panther's new skills. It would probably me abit tricky though. However, this could really expand both their rogues galleries. Still they would need to be creative maybe a mini leading to a BP solo "or both a Storm and BP solo" would work. I think them both being leaders, and having marital issues could lead to some great dialouge between them, plus if they were to split I think it should have been handled in a more Hawkeye and Mockingbird manner.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@blood1991 read A VS. X issue 9. about bp & storm marriage.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Blood1991 said:

@BlackArmor said:

I think alot of that depends on the extent of Black Panther's new skills. It would probably me abit tricky though. However, this could really expand both their rogues galleries. Still they would need to be creative maybe a mini leading to a BP solo "or both a Storm and BP solo" would work. I think them both being leaders, and having marital issues could lead to some great dialouge between them, plus if they were to split I think it should have been handled in a more Hawkeye and Mockingbird manner.

Hmm, I guess we'll have to wait and see not only if either of them will have a series solo or otherwise in the post AVX Marvel, but also if they'll stick together and if so in what capacity and of course if not then in what way will they treat each other once separated. Marvel has taught me not to get my hopes up and the very fact that I think it's the perfect time for a BP series (with or without Storm) and that Marvel will be smart enough to realize this almost guarantees that there won't be one :p. Still I feel that a potential solo series or even one focused on one of them as the main character leading a team would benefit from shying away from a book that features them as full blown partners even if the other is a major recurring and supporting character however Storm's involvement in a BP book wouldn't deter me fro giving it a chance to the point where I wouldn't buy it.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Blood1991

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@blood1991 read A VS. X issue 9. about bp & storm marriage.

I did and have spoken my opinions on Bane's blog and Storm's discussion thread.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blood1991

@BlackArmor said:

@Blood1991 said:

@BlackArmor said:

Hmm, I guess we'll have to wait and see not only if either of them will have a series solo or otherwise in the post AVX Marvel, but also if they'll stick together and if so in what capacity and of course if not then in what way will they treat each other once separated. Marvel has taught e not to get my hopes up and the vary fact that I think it's the perfect time for a BP series (with or without Storm) and that Marvel will be smart enough to realize this almost guarantees that there won't be one :p. Still I feel that a potential solo series or even one focused on one of them as the main character leading a team would benefit from shying away from a book that features them as full blown partners even if the other is a major recurring and supporting character however Storm's involvement in a BP book wouldn't deter me fro giving it a chance to the point where I wouldn't buy it.

To each their own, but putting them on an Avengers team together would have a similar effect, and I'm pretty sure Storm has been guaranteed a spot come Marvel now with this last issue of AVX. This way I can at least enjoy some dialouge between the two "whether it be about divorce or marriage" and you can have a Black Panther solo w/o Storm. I would love a duo, but I think more fans are against them together than for them.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Blood1991: Them being on an Avengers line up together definitely seems likely even if Hickman doesn't write a Black Panther series he's definitely fond enough of the character to put him on the premiere Marvel team now that he's calling the shots and it does seem likely that Storms reputation will come out of AVX unscathed enough for her to be there too

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blood1991

@BlackArmor said:

@Blood1991: Them being on an Avengers line up together definitely seems likely even if Hickman doesn't write a Black Panther series he's definitely fond enough of the character to put him on the premiere Marvel team now that he's calling the shots and it does seem likely that Storms reputation will come out of AVX unscathed enough for her to be there too

I'm not sure if they will be together "Marvel does that token thing sometimes", but I'm all for them being on a line up together especially if some of my other favorites are on the Team like Hawkeye and She Hulk, but I'm probably just being hopeful. Still I don't know much about his line up. Has anything been revealed?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Blood1991: On an 18 character team there probably going to be more than one token character, they'll probably be like 3 or at least 2 so they still have a chance. I haven't heard anything about Storm's position on the Avenger, or BP in general unfortunately

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't Monica Rambeau and Brother Voodoo still together?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#24  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@PhoenixOf The Tides: I would think not seeing as how BV has been dead for 2 years.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mega_spidey01

marvel doesn't care about black couples besides the A-list couples, like scott & emma frost.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blood1991

@BlackArmor: Are Hickman and Remender writing the same team? Or two seperate ones?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Blood1991 said:

@BlackArmor: Are Hickman and Remender writing the same team? Or two seperate ones?

Different, waaaay different, Hickman is handling the main Avengers with a roster nearly the size of the Justice League Unlimitted (slight exaggeration but still like 20 members on 1 team). Remender is writing Uncanny Avengers an X-men Avengers hybrid with only 6 members including Cap, Thor, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Havok, and Rogue

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Blood1991

@BlackArmor said:

@Blood1991 said:

Different, waaaay different, Hickman is handling the main Avengers with a roster nearly the size of the Justice League Unlimitted (slight exaggeration but still like 20 members on 1 team). Remender is writing Uncanny Avengers an X-men Avengers hybrid with only 6 members including Cap, Thor, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Havok, and Rogue

Ah Thank you.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock

Big deal.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By TDK_1997

Aren't Luke Cage and Jessica Jones still together?

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind seeing interracial couples for a change, tired of all this no blender of the races vibe. Cage and whatshername is ok but come on, like it's rare or something in the world to see a black guy with a white woman.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @TDK_1997 said:

Aren't Luke Cage and Jessica Jones still together?

Jessica Jones is white.
    Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Twentyfive

@nonfiction91 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing interracial couples for a change, tired of all this no blender of the races vibe. Cage and whatshername is ok but come on, like it's rare or something in the world to see a black guy with a white woman.

Lol word. And Iron Fist and Misty Knight broke up a while ago.

But they can't resist each other. They'll be together again. And so will Storm and Panther.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
     @nonfiction91 said:

What do you mean "for a change"? Black Panther and Storm were the only black superhero couple Marvel had.
    Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Twentyfive

@Vance Astro: LOL!

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Umbraa

First, as I said in the other thread, a lot of people are jumping the gun. There wasn't much of a finalization in AvX 9 on this issue. It could go either way. And either way, T'challa IS a HUGE part of Marvel NOW according to EIC Axel Alonso! He's been a star in this event for a reason and yeah Hickman is handling him. According to Axel, we will get a announcement soon. All is good for panther fans...there has been no news on Storm though.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Umbraa said:
    First, as I said in the other thread, a lot of people are jumping the gun. There wasn't much of a finalization in AvX 9 on this issue. 
    "Our Marriage Annulled by the High Priest" and "Don't Come Here Again" sounds like finalization to me. 
    moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By moneyspider1

@Vance Astro: That APPEARS to be a finalization by the Black Panther, but the event is not over yet, and Black Panther could easily be swayed to change his mind. I would not be surprised if Marvel is trying to give us twists and turns, especially how people are switching sides, doing and saying things in the HEAT OF THE MOMENT. Emotions during this event are running high for people in the Marvel Universe...we don't know for sure what is going to happen. Just because Black Panther said it and apparently annulled the marriage does not automatically mean that the situation won't be reversed at some point. Also, in real life, how many times have people said and done things in the heat of the moment, and then ended up regretting afterward? Plus, Marvel is known for messing with fans. This MIGHT be one of those times.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @moneyspider1 said:
    @Vance Astro: That APPEARS to be a finalization by the Black Panther, but the event is not over yet, and Black Panther could easily be swayed to change his mind. I would not be surprised if Marvel is trying to give us twists and turns, especially how people are switching sides, doing and saying things in the HEAT OF THE MOMENT. Emotions during this event are running high for people in the Marvel Universe...we don't know for sure what is going to happen. Just because Black Panther said it and apparently annulled the marriage does not automatically mean that the situation won't be reversed at some point. Also, in real life, how many times have people said and done things in the heat of the moment, and then ended up regretting afterward? Plus, Marvel is known for messing with fans. This MIGHT be one of those times.
    It doesn't appear that way, that's what it is. Storm and Black Panther COULD get back together but they are currently divorced.
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Umbraa

Maybe you should try reading it again? Because that's not what happened! T'challa made that statement, Storm make a statement and request ."Let us...let us not talk now of personal matters. There will be time for that later"....that's not finalization at all. My suggestion is reading the issue. What are you guys reading? Even Jason Aaron..you know the writer of the issues said "perhaps" it is ended.-----"I think it's both. As the leader of a country, he's angry; as her husband, he's hurt. Certainly, this is a big moment in their relationship. It's perhaps the end of their relationship. With Wakanda being attacked last issue, we had to have this scene at some point. We needed a scene where Storm comes to see what happened. This is a big moment for Storm and Black Panther both."------sorry, but like I said there was no finalization in the issue. Sure it could be over, but there is a chance that it's not.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Characters should choose whoever they want to love. Skin color should never matter. :P

Besides who even liked Storm and Black Panther being together in the first place?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

Besides who even liked Storm and Black Panther being together in the first place?

<-----------------
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CellphoneGirl

@Vance Astro: It just felt to me that those two were on a nonstop snowball of about to be getting f'd up by the writers and divorced, which happened recently. lol

Like the two have a nice Origin Story together of how they first met, but I had a bad feeling about them this whole time.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Umbraa

Also let's not forget Nick Lowe's "special treat" in 'AVX: Vs' # 5. And AvX: Consequences which features Wakanda's Aftermath. It's too soon either way. Yeah, it could be over, but she said she wanted to talk! That's means that nothing is final. We do know he was acting out in anger and hurt.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jhazzroucher

BP nullified his marriage with Storm because he loves Reed Richards more.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Umbraa

It could be over,but I'm not so sure and with the way they are pushing him mega plot wise...sane Storm fans would rather have them together...rather then Bendis. Because if Bendis, who I actually like..gets her...bye Storm. Her star is finished. Just saying...and cellpg, I loved them together as well.

Mykhael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mykhael

Tom Brevoort:I think it’s a little bit of everything. To be honest, I don’t know that we handled Storm and the Panther as a married couple as well as we could have on a consistent basis. This is a byproduct of the fact that they come from different corners of the MU, and it was often difficult to bridge the gap. X-readers and creators wanted Storm to be in the world of X rather than in Wakanda with the Panther, and the Panther’s trajectory was often well away from that X-world. So more often than not, we had the two of them separated, each off doing their own thing in their own sphere, and touching base with the other, but that’s about it. We never found that winning formula to put them into position in the Marvel U as a couple that would succeed long-term. Probably the closest we came was right after the wedding, when they became half of the Fantastic Four.

It wasn’t absolutely necessary that we dissolve their union as a part of AvX, but as you said, it was a logical consequence of the conflict, and it adds a personal and emotional resonance to what goes on. And it’s not a relationship that we’re done with necessarily—as you’ll see as the remainder of AvX and AvX: VS plays out, and we get into the world of Marvel NOW.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

@Vance Astro: It just felt to me that those two were on a nonstop snowball of about to be getting f'd up by the writers and divorced, which happened recently. lol

Like the two have a nice Origin Story together of how they first met, but I had a bad feeling about them this whole time.

I understand. I more liked the idea, rather than how they were written together. 
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CellphoneGirl

@Vance Astro: All I want is one happy couple in the Marvel Universe lmao

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

@Vance Astro: All I want is one happy couple in the Marvel Universe lmao

Jessica and Cage seem pretty happy. Which is sad considering who they are.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.