No Black Couples

  • 87 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio

So is it just me or are there no black couples still togther in all of the Marvel Universe?

#2 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

the civilians in marvel U count.

#3 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't you seen the previews for AvX #11? Luke Cage and T'challa are gonna start dating.

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty said:

Haven't you seen the previews for AvX #11? Luke Cage and T'challa are gonna start dating.

I lol'd

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12564 posts) - - Show Bio

Weird.

#6 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty said:

Haven't you seen the previews for AvX #11? Luke Cage and T'challa are gonna start dating.

are you for realz?

#7 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh comic marriages rarely last and I don't think the marriage between Rochalla is as over as many may think.

#8 Posted by Dernman (14755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991: I don't think it helps them when their couple name kinda sounds like Roach ala. Well that's what it sounds like in my head. :p
#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: Well I never claimed to be good at fusing names lol, but I've gone in depth on how I don't think it is over in two threads now. I just don't see Marvel doing it.

#10 Posted by Dernman (14755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991: Ya I don't think it's definitely over either. It's possible just not definite. Either way something needs to change.
#11 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Meh comic marriages rarely last and I don't think the marriage between Rochalla is as over as many may think.

Where did Ro come from anyway? Ororo Munroe? Why not Monchalla or something? I kind of have to hope that they're really breaking up if Panther is getting a solo, if not I don't care but if Hickman has been setting one up I think he'd fare better alone.

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@Blood1991: Ya I don't think it's definitely over either. It's possible just not definite. Either way something needs to change.

Agreed

@BlackArmor said:

@Blood1991 said:

Meh comic marriages rarely last and I don't think the marriage between Rochalla is as over as many may think.

Where did Ro come from anyway? Ororo Munroe? Why not Monchalla or something? I kind of have to hope that they're really breaking up if Panther is getting a solo, if not I don't care but if Hickman has been setting one up I think he'd fare better alone.

I liked the way it rolled off the tounge..... I think Hickman could write a sucessful BP solo, but I am one of the fans who wanted a Black Panther Storm duo title. I think together they could hold a long period solo book, but their fanbases seem to be split in either hating the other character, marriage or wanting them to be successful.

#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I feel like co-starring might limit the opponents that they could take on due to some non-compatible overlap in the type of foes and task that they're both better suited to take on, I also can foresee some chaffing as a result of having a duo made of two (basically secondary, they both can and often do lead but neither of them are the primary leaders of their respective team) leaders. On top of all of that I think Panther would have more opportunities to be a general badass in a purely solo series. I don't have anything against Storm or her marriage to BP but I'd have him kick her to the curb (or vice versa) if I saw a solo series for either (preferably Panther) on the horizon

#14 Posted by Dernman (14755 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they need to separate them for them to have a solo series. They are independent people with their own responsibilities. Like any couple they wake up in the morning go to work and do their own thing. Not saying they should or shouldn't stay married just that they don't need to break them up.

#15 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Blood1991: I feel like co-starring might limit the opponents that they could take on due to some non-compatible overlap in the type of foes and task that they're both better suited to take on, I also can foresee some chaffing as a result of having a duo made of two (basically secondary, they both can and often do lead but neither of them are the primary leaders of their respective team) leaders. On top of all of that I think Panther would have more opportunities to be a general badass in a purely solo series. I don't have anything against Storm or her marriage to BP but I'd have him kick her to the curb (or vice versa) if I saw a solo series for either (preferably Panther) on the horizon

I think alot of that depends on the extent of Black Panther's new skills. It would probably me abit tricky though. However, this could really expand both their rogues galleries. Still they would need to be creative maybe a mini leading to a BP solo "or both a Storm and BP solo" would work. I think them both being leaders, and having marital issues could lead to some great dialouge between them, plus if they were to split I think it should have been handled in a more Hawkeye and Mockingbird manner.

#16 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@blood1991 read A VS. X issue 9. about bp & storm marriage.

#17 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Blood1991: I feel like co-starring might limit the opponents that they could take on due to some non-compatible overlap in the type of foes and task that they're both better suited to take on, I also can foresee some chaffing as a result of having a duo made of two (basically secondary, they both can and often do lead but neither of them are the primary leaders of their respective team) leaders. On top of all of that I think Panther would have more opportunities to be a general badass in a purely solo series. I don't have anything against Storm or her marriage to BP but I'd have him kick her to the curb (or vice versa) if I saw a solo series for either (preferably Panther) on the horizon

I think alot of that depends on the extent of Black Panther's new skills. It would probably me abit tricky though. However, this could really expand both their rogues galleries. Still they would need to be creative maybe a mini leading to a BP solo "or both a Storm and BP solo" would work. I think them both being leaders, and having marital issues could lead to some great dialouge between them, plus if they were to split I think it should have been handled in a more Hawkeye and Mockingbird manner.

Hmm, I guess we'll have to wait and see not only if either of them will have a series solo or otherwise in the post AVX Marvel, but also if they'll stick together and if so in what capacity and of course if not then in what way will they treat each other once separated. Marvel has taught me not to get my hopes up and the very fact that I think it's the perfect time for a BP series (with or without Storm) and that Marvel will be smart enough to realize this almost guarantees that there won't be one :p. Still I feel that a potential solo series or even one focused on one of them as the main character leading a team would benefit from shying away from a book that features them as full blown partners even if the other is a major recurring and supporting character however Storm's involvement in a BP book wouldn't deter me fro giving it a chance to the point where I wouldn't buy it.

#18 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@blood1991 read A VS. X issue 9. about bp & storm marriage.

I did and have spoken my opinions on Bane's blog and Storm's discussion thread.

#19 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Blood1991 said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Blood1991: I feel like co-starring might limit the opponents that they could take on due to some non-compatible overlap in the type of foes and task that they're both better suited to take on, I also can foresee some chaffing as a result of having a duo made of two (basically secondary, they both can and often do lead but neither of them are the primary leaders of their respective team) leaders. On top of all of that I think Panther would have more opportunities to be a general badass in a purely solo series. I don't have anything against Storm or her marriage to BP but I'd have him kick her to the curb (or vice versa) if I saw a solo series for either (preferably Panther) on the horizon

I think alot of that depends on the extent of Black Panther's new skills. It would probably me abit tricky though. However, this could really expand both their rogues galleries. Still they would need to be creative maybe a mini leading to a BP solo "or both a Storm and BP solo" would work. I think them both being leaders, and having marital issues could lead to some great dialouge between them, plus if they were to split I think it should have been handled in a more Hawkeye and Mockingbird manner.

Hmm, I guess we'll have to wait and see not only if either of them will have a series solo or otherwise in the post AVX Marvel, but also if they'll stick together and if so in what capacity and of course if not then in what way will they treat each other once separated. Marvel has taught e not to get my hopes up and the vary fact that I think it's the perfect time for a BP series (with or without Storm) and that Marvel will be smart enough to realize this almost guarantees that there won't be one :p. Still I feel that a potential solo series or even one focused on one of them as the main character leading a team would benefit from shying away from a book that features them as full blown partners even if the other is a major recurring and supporting character however Storm's involvement in a BP book wouldn't deter me fro giving it a chance to the point where I wouldn't buy it.

To each their own, but putting them on an Avengers team together would have a similar effect, and I'm pretty sure Storm has been guaranteed a spot come Marvel now with this last issue of AVX. This way I can at least enjoy some dialouge between the two "whether it be about divorce or marriage" and you can have a Black Panther solo w/o Storm. I would love a duo, but I think more fans are against them together than for them.

#20 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Them being on an Avengers line up together definitely seems likely even if Hickman doesn't write a Black Panther series he's definitely fond enough of the character to put him on the premiere Marvel team now that he's calling the shots and it does seem likely that Storms reputation will come out of AVX unscathed enough for her to be there too

#21 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Blood1991: Them being on an Avengers line up together definitely seems likely even if Hickman doesn't write a Black Panther series he's definitely fond enough of the character to put him on the premiere Marvel team now that he's calling the shots and it does seem likely that Storms reputation will come out of AVX unscathed enough for her to be there too

I'm not sure if they will be together "Marvel does that token thing sometimes", but I'm all for them being on a line up together especially if some of my other favorites are on the Team like Hawkeye and She Hulk, but I'm probably just being hopeful. Still I don't know much about his line up. Has anything been revealed?

#22 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: On an 18 character team there probably going to be more than one token character, they'll probably be like 3 or at least 2 so they still have a chance. I haven't heard anything about Storm's position on the Avenger, or BP in general unfortunately

#23 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't Monica Rambeau and Brother Voodoo still together?

#24 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12564 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixOf The Tides: I would think not seeing as how BV has been dead for 2 years.

#25 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel doesn't care about black couples besides the A-list couples, like scott & emma frost.

#26 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Are Hickman and Remender writing the same team? Or two seperate ones?

#27 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@BlackArmor: Are Hickman and Remender writing the same team? Or two seperate ones?

Different, waaaay different, Hickman is handling the main Avengers with a roster nearly the size of the Justice League Unlimitted (slight exaggeration but still like 20 members on 1 team). Remender is writing Uncanny Avengers an X-men Avengers hybrid with only 6 members including Cap, Thor, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Havok, and Rogue

#28 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Blood1991 said:

@BlackArmor: Are Hickman and Remender writing the same team? Or two seperate ones?

Different, waaaay different, Hickman is handling the main Avengers with a roster nearly the size of the Justice League Unlimitted (slight exaggeration but still like 20 members on 1 team). Remender is writing Uncanny Avengers an X-men Avengers hybrid with only 6 members including Cap, Thor, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Havok, and Rogue

Ah Thank you.

#29 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Big deal.

#30 Posted by TDK_1997 (14467 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't Luke Cage and Jessica Jones still together?

#31 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind seeing interracial couples for a change, tired of all this no blender of the races vibe. Cage and whatshername is ok but come on, like it's rare or something in the world to see a black guy with a white woman.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@TDK_1997 said:

Aren't Luke Cage and Jessica Jones still together?

Jessica Jones is white.
Moderator
#33 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@nonfiction91 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing interracial couples for a change, tired of all this no blender of the races vibe. Cage and whatshername is ok but come on, like it's rare or something in the world to see a black guy with a white woman.

Lol word. And Iron Fist and Misty Knight broke up a while ago.

But they can't resist each other. They'll be together again. And so will Storm and Panther.

#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
 @nonfiction91 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing interracial couples for a change, tired of all this no blender of the races vibe. Cage and whatshername is ok but come on, like it's rare or something in the world to see a black guy with a white woman.

What do you mean "for a change"? Black Panther and Storm were the only black superhero couple Marvel had.
Moderator
#35 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: LOL!

#36 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

First, as I said in the other thread, a lot of people are jumping the gun. There wasn't much of a finalization in AvX 9 on this issue. It could go either way. And either way, T'challa IS a HUGE part of Marvel NOW according to EIC Axel Alonso! He's been a star in this event for a reason and yeah Hickman is handling him. According to Axel, we will get a announcement soon. All is good for panther fans...there has been no news on Storm though.

#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Umbraa said:
First, as I said in the other thread, a lot of people are jumping the gun. There wasn't much of a finalization in AvX 9 on this issue. 
"Our Marriage Annulled by the High Priest" and "Don't Come Here Again" sounds like finalization to me. 
Moderator
#38 Posted by moneyspider1 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: That APPEARS to be a finalization by the Black Panther, but the event is not over yet, and Black Panther could easily be swayed to change his mind. I would not be surprised if Marvel is trying to give us twists and turns, especially how people are switching sides, doing and saying things in the HEAT OF THE MOMENT. Emotions during this event are running high for people in the Marvel Universe...we don't know for sure what is going to happen. Just because Black Panther said it and apparently annulled the marriage does not automatically mean that the situation won't be reversed at some point. Also, in real life, how many times have people said and done things in the heat of the moment, and then ended up regretting afterward? Plus, Marvel is known for messing with fans. This MIGHT be one of those times.

#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@moneyspider1 said:
@Vance Astro: That APPEARS to be a finalization by the Black Panther, but the event is not over yet, and Black Panther could easily be swayed to change his mind. I would not be surprised if Marvel is trying to give us twists and turns, especially how people are switching sides, doing and saying things in the HEAT OF THE MOMENT. Emotions during this event are running high for people in the Marvel Universe...we don't know for sure what is going to happen. Just because Black Panther said it and apparently annulled the marriage does not automatically mean that the situation won't be reversed at some point. Also, in real life, how many times have people said and done things in the heat of the moment, and then ended up regretting afterward? Plus, Marvel is known for messing with fans. This MIGHT be one of those times.
It doesn't appear that way, that's what it is. Storm and Black Panther COULD get back together but they are currently divorced.
Moderator
#40 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe you should try reading it again? Because that's not what happened! T'challa made that statement, Storm make a statement and request ."Let us...let us not talk now of personal matters. There will be time for that later"....that's not finalization at all. My suggestion is reading the issue. What are you guys reading? Even Jason Aaron..you know the writer of the issues said "perhaps" it is ended.-----"I think it's both. As the leader of a country, he's angry; as her husband, he's hurt. Certainly, this is a big moment in their relationship. It's perhaps the end of their relationship. With Wakanda being attacked last issue, we had to have this scene at some point. We needed a scene where Storm comes to see what happened. This is a big moment for Storm and Black Panther both."------sorry, but like I said there was no finalization in the issue. Sure it could be over, but there is a chance that it's not.

#41 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

Characters should choose whoever they want to love. Skin color should never matter. :P

Besides who even liked Storm and Black Panther being together in the first place?

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

Besides who even liked Storm and Black Panther being together in the first place?

<-----------------
Moderator
#43 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: It just felt to me that those two were on a nonstop snowball of about to be getting f'd up by the writers and divorced, which happened recently. lol

Like the two have a nice Origin Story together of how they first met, but I had a bad feeling about them this whole time.

#44 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

Also let's not forget Nick Lowe's "special treat" in 'AVX: Vs' # 5. And AvX: Consequences which features Wakanda's Aftermath. It's too soon either way. Yeah, it could be over, but she said she wanted to talk! That's means that nothing is final. We do know he was acting out in anger and hurt.

#45 Posted by jhazzroucher (15137 posts) - - Show Bio

BP nullified his marriage with Storm because he loves Reed Richards more.

#46 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be over,but I'm not so sure and with the way they are pushing him mega plot wise...sane Storm fans would rather have them together...rather then Bendis. Because if Bendis, who I actually like..gets her...bye Storm. Her star is finished. Just saying...and cellpg, I loved them together as well.

#47 Posted by Mykhael (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom Brevoort: I think it’s a little bit of everything. To be honest, I don’t know that we handled Storm and the Panther as a married couple as well as we could have on a consistent basis. This is a byproduct of the fact that they come from different corners of the MU, and it was often difficult to bridge the gap. X-readers and creators wanted Storm to be in the world of X rather than in Wakanda with the Panther, and the Panther’s trajectory was often well away from that X-world. So more often than not, we had the two of them separated, each off doing their own thing in their own sphere, and touching base with the other, but that’s about it. We never found that winning formula to put them into position in the Marvel U as a couple that would succeed long-term. Probably the closest we came was right after the wedding, when they became half of the Fantastic Four.

It wasn’t absolutely necessary that we dissolve their union as a part of AvX, but as you said, it was a logical consequence of the conflict, and it adds a personal and emotional resonance to what goes on. And it’s not a relationship that we’re done with necessarily—as you’ll see as the remainder of AvX and AvX: VS plays out, and we get into the world of Marvel NOW.

#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

@Vance Astro: It just felt to me that those two were on a nonstop snowball of about to be getting f'd up by the writers and divorced, which happened recently. lol

Like the two have a nice Origin Story together of how they first met, but I had a bad feeling about them this whole time.

I understand. I more liked the idea, rather than how they were written together. 
Moderator
#49 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: All I want is one happy couple in the Marvel Universe lmao

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

@Vance Astro: All I want is one happy couple in the Marvel Universe lmao

Jessica and Cage seem pretty happy. Which is sad considering who they are.
Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.