It Has Breasts.....

#1 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't BLACK PANTHER'S profile pic be a picture of T'Challa and not his sister?  I mean, seriously, she may be the current Black Panther, but she's only had the title for two seconds.  He's had it for ages. 
#2 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O it is.....

#3 Edited by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

technically Shuri should have no pictures or credits on this page...but so many people fail to understand that pages aren't named based on their mantles but by the name the character uses most often...I mean people add Dick Grayson stuff to Batman and Dick Grayson but only Bruce Wayne to Batman...people add Shuri info to Shuri and Black Panther but T'Challa info only to Black Panther...how does that even make sense?

#4 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
"technically Shuri should have no pictures or credits on this page...but so many people fail to understand that pages aren't named based on their mantles but by the name the character uses most often...I mean people add Dick Grayson stuff to Batman and Dick Grayson but only Bruce Wayne to Batman...people add Shuri info to Shuri and Black Panther but T'Challa info only to Black Panther...how does that even make sense? "
I know.  It annoys me. 
#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

my fix to these sorts of problems would be to rename this page T'Challa, but that will cause problems because then people will try to add another "Black Panther"...why can't people just use common sense???? or Marvel stop passing on mantles and making "Red Hulks" and "Mutant Zeroes" who we will find out are someone else with a page and then we have to delete one of those pages...it irks me to no end...

#6 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't the current Batman pic that of Dick Grayson as Batman? Shouldn't the current BP be represented as the profile pic?

#7 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
"technically Shuri should have no pictures or credits on this page...but so many people fail to understand that pages aren't named based on their mantles but by the name the character uses most often...I mean people add Dick Grayson stuff to Batman and Dick Grayson but only Bruce Wayne to Batman...people add Shuri info to Shuri and Black Panther but T'Challa info only to Black Panther...how does that even make sense? "
Yeah, like people should add stuff about Bucky being Cap to his page and the info about Steve should go on Captain America's page
#8 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"Isn't the current Batman pic that of Dick Grayson as Batman? Shouldn't the current BP be represented as the profile pic? "
Then does T'Challa need his OWN page?  Cause seriously, the image doesn't add up with the article. 
#9 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Isn't the current Batman pic that of Dick Grayson as Batman? Shouldn't the current BP be represented as the profile pic? "
that's only because people are getting it wrong, one little arc doesn't make Batman "Dick Grayson"...Dick Grayson info is already on the Dick Grayson page (not to mention the Robin page which is actually obsolete since all the "Robins" have their own pages) as well as the Batman page...but by making Dick Grayson the focus of the Batman page that leaves Bruce Wayne, perhaps the biggest character in comic history, without a page...where's the logic in that?
#10 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" @Gambler said:
"Isn't the current Batman pic that of Dick Grayson as Batman? Shouldn't the current BP be represented as the profile pic? "
Then does T'Challa need his OWN page?  Cause seriously, the image doesn't add up with the article.  "
The article should include Shuri, as well as T'Challa's father (maybe it does. haven't looked). But technically BP is the mantle not the character. But thats just my thought on the subject. I believe each character page should be represented by that characters most current look, regardless of whether or not the mantle has switched hands. Isn't Ronin represented by Hawkeye right now? Cap by Bucky, Robin by Damion?
#11 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Gambler said:
" Isn't the current Batman pic that of Dick Grayson as Batman? Shouldn't the current BP be represented as the profile pic? "
that's only because people are getting it wrong, one little arc doesn't make Batman "Dick Grayson"...Dick Grayson info is already on the Dick Grayson page (not to mention the Robin page which is actually obsolete since all the "Robins" have their own pages) as well as the Batman page...but by making Dick Grayson the focus of the Batman page that leaves Bruce Wayne, perhaps the biggest character in comic history, without a page...where's the logic in that? "
Shouldn't it be ever evolving? Up to date? I guess I'm missing something cause I think Dick Grayson as of now should be the focus of the Batman page. And if and when Bruce returns then the focus once again shifts. I mean whats the point in continue to rep Bruce as Batman when he's not?
#12 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Gambler said:
that's only because people are getting it wrong, one little arc doesn't make Batman "Dick Grayson"...Dick Grayson info is already on the Dick Grayson page (not to mention the Robin page which is actually obsolete since all the "Robins" have their own pages) as well as the Batman page...but by making Dick Grayson the focus of the Batman page that leaves Bruce Wayne, perhaps the biggest character in comic history, without a page...where's the logic in that? "
Shouldn't it be ever evolving? Up to date? I guess I'm missing something cause I think Dick Grayson as of now should be the focus of the Batman page. And if and when Bruce returns then the focus once again shifts. I mean whats the point in continue to rep Bruce as Batman when he's not? "
it makes sense until you look at the big picture, it never was a "Batman" page...it was a Bruce Wayne page, only titled Batman because it's his most common name...now suddenly, Dick Grayson (a character who already has two pages) is being called Batman and now he owns Bruce Wayne page...where does Bruce Wayne go? why doesn't the Dick Grayson page get deleted? what should be happening is the Batman page should be renamed Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson renamed Batman if we went by your logic... 

of course having mantle pages could fix all these problems once and for all and make the masses happy and you and I wouldn't need to be having this argument :)
#13 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Gambler said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Gambler said:
Shouldn't it be ever evolving? Up to date? I guess I'm missing something cause I think Dick Grayson as of now should be the focus of the Batman page. And if and when Bruce returns then the focus once again shifts. I mean whats the point in continue to rep Bruce as Batman when he's not? "
it makes sense until you look at the big picture, it never was a "Batman" page...it was a Bruce Wayne page, only titled Batman because it's his most common name...now suddenly, Dick Grayson (a character who already has two pages) is being called Batman and now he owns Bruce Wayne page...where does Bruce Wayne go? why doesn't the Dick Grayson page get deleted? what should be happening is the Batman page should be renamed Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson renamed Batman if we went by your logic...  of course having mantle pages could fix all these problems once and for all and make the masses happy and you and I wouldn't need to be having this argument :) "
I dont see it as an argument so much as a discussion. I guess to me Dick Grayson taking over the Batman page for the short duration that he wears the cape and cowl doesn't bother me. Bruce Wayne doesn't need to go anywhere since he's not involved in anything and supposedly dead. (Why does Dick have two pages? One for Nightwing and one for Robin?) Dont get me wrong I see what you're saying about it actually being Bruce's page. Its just my feeling that having the current character, whoever it is, represented on the page makes the page more up to date.

I like the idea of mantle pages. Why dont you hook that up?
#14 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew from the moment I pust "Breasts" in the topic title that this thread would produce detailed conversations/debates. 
#15 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" I knew from the moment I pust "Breasts" in the topic title that this thread would produce detailed conversations/debates.  "
Boobies ftw
#16 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"I dont see it as an argument so much as a discussion. I guess to me Dick Grayson taking over the Batman page for the short duration that he wears the cape and cowl doesn't bother me. Bruce Wayne doesn't need to go anywhere since he's not involved in anything and supposedly dead. (Why does Dick have two pages? One for Nightwing and one for Robin?) Dont get me wrong I see what you're saying about it actually being Bruce's page. Its just my feeling that having the current character, whoever it is, represented on the page makes the page more up to date.  I like the idea of mantle pages. Why dont you hook that up? "
I like calling it an argument in honor of "discussions" past :P And obviously we do both see what the other is saying and can understand their point (or at least that's how I see it) however neither of us agree with the other's line of thinking which is why this issue has always caused so much conflict. People have been making complaints since I joined the site (coincidence?) that all these characters taking over other pages screws things up but obviously not everyone feels that way since somebody must be "updating" the pages. (And yeah it was because of Nightwing and Robin, although Tim Drake has a page "Tim Drake" and a page "Robin" and Jason Todd had his own issues...and now Spoiler/Batgirl/Robin...ugh). The reason it works on Wikipedia is there it's just an article, but here we have a lot more stuff, like credits for example, when Bruce Wayne becomes Batman again do we remove the Batman credits from issues where Dick Grayson was Batman because if we don't our information would look incorrect. It just makes a mess.

And I could find you many threads (including a "classified" one or two) arguing about this issue and always the conclusion has been to make "mantle pages", I mean The Flash and Robin are perfect examples of mantle pages, all the characters have their own pages and the mantle page just discusses little bits about each of them and the passing on of the role. Anyways, the reason the mantle pages hasn't happened yet is because that would have to be handled by the code guys and they seem rather reluctant to jump on the idea because there is always the fact that someone will come along and screw that up too, it's just the way of things.
#17 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @White Mage said:
" I knew from the moment I pust "Breasts" in the topic title that this thread would produce detailed conversations/debates.  "
Boobies ftw "
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
#18 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
well, I don't mean to brag but I think of myself as a very intellectual person so it was actually I who brought forth (and therefore produced) detailed conversation/debating to this thread 

of course I only clicked on the thread because I too am quite fascinated with "breasts" :D
#19 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Gambler said:
"I dont see it as an argument so much as a discussion. I guess to me Dick Grayson taking over the Batman page for the short duration that he wears the cape and cowl doesn't bother me. Bruce Wayne doesn't need to go anywhere since he's not involved in anything and supposedly dead. (Why does Dick have two pages? One for Nightwing and one for Robin?) Dont get me wrong I see what you're saying about it actually being Bruce's page. Its just my feeling that having the current character, whoever it is, represented on the page makes the page more up to date.  I like the idea of mantle pages. Why dont you hook that up? "
I like calling it an argument in honor of "discussions" past :P And obviously we do both see what the other is saying and can understand their point (or at least that's how I see it) however neither of us agree with the other's line of thinking which is why this issue has always caused so much conflict. People have been making complaints since I joined the site (coincidence?) that all these characters taking over other pages screws things up but obviously not everyone feels that way since somebody must be "updating" the pages. (And yeah it was because of Nightwing and Robin, although Tim Drake has a page "Tim Drake" and a page "Robin" and Jason Todd had his own issues...and now Spoiler/Batgirl/Robin...ugh). The reason it works on Wikipedia is there it's just an article, but here we have a lot more stuff, like credits for example, when Bruce Wayne becomes Batman again do we remove the Batman credits from issues where Dick Grayson was Batman because if we don't our information would look incorrect. It just makes a mess. And I could find you many threads (including a "classified" one or two) arguing about this issue and always the conclusion has been to make "mantle pages", I mean The Flash and Robin are perfect examples of mantle pages, all the characters have their own pages and the mantle page just discusses little bits about each of them and the passing on of the role. Anyways, the reason the mantle pages hasn't happened yet is because that would have to be handled by the code guys and they seem rather reluctant to jump on the idea because there is always the fact that someone will come along and screw that up too, it's just the way of things. "
Agree to Disagree it is then :P
#20 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @White Mage said:
well, I don't mean to brag but I think of myself as a very intellectual person so it was actually I who brought forth (and therefore produced) detailed conversation/debating to this thread  of course I only clicked on the thread because I too am quite fascinated with "breasts" :D "

ROFLMAO
#21 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: you do this every time!!! I try to win a discussion and spend five minutes making a lengthy post with which I could make you see the light and then you just give up >_> you manage to take all the fun out of my victories...
#22 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Gambler: you do this every time!!! I try to win a discussion and spend five minutes making a lengthy post with which I could make you see the light and then you just give up >_> you manage to take all the fun out of my victories... "
Is that Jesus in your av?
#23 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Gambler: you do this every time!!! I try to win a discussion and spend five minutes making a lengthy post with which I could make you see the light and then you just give up >_> you manage to take all the fun out of my victories... "
Is that Jesus in your av? "
actually it's God, the quote says, "I Am A Loving God" though I suppose you can't read it at that size 

Jesus doesn't appear in Preacher...however to make up for this his descendant does :P

#24 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
Hahaha well at some point it becomes pointless. I don't agree that when Bruce comes back that it would cause any confusion or look inaccurate simply because there are issues in which Dick Grayson has been given credit as Batman. If anything it looks more detailed (in my opinion of course :P). I dont see there being a problem with having a Spoiler page that's up to date as Spoiler, leaving off, and then filling in the Batgirl page as Stephine Brown. Until such time as she steps down, retires, Cassandra Cain comes back, etc etc. In fact if Cain starts showing up in comics as just Cassandra Cain someone should make her a page, fill it in, and if she returns to Batgirl leave the Cain page filled in and start writing her history as Batgirl again. Completely up to date :D
#25 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @White Mage said:
" @aztek the lost said:
Is that Jesus in your av? "
actually it's God, the quote says, "I Am A Loving God" though I suppose you can't read it at that size 

Jesus doesn't appear in Preacher...however to make up for this his descendant does :P

"
I smell smoke............................................on his soul
#26 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @aztek the lost said:
Hahaha well at some point it becomes pointless. I don't agree that when Bruce comes back that it would cause any confusion or look inaccurate simply because there are issues in which Dick Grayson has been given credit as Batman. If anything it looks more detailed (in my opinion of course :P). I dont see there being a problem with having a Spoiler page that's up to date as Spoiler, leaving off, and then filling in the Batgirl page as Stephine Brown. Until such time as she steps down, retires, Cassandra Cain comes back, etc etc. In fact if Cain starts showing up in comics as just Cassandra Cain someone should make her a page, fill it in, and if she returns to Batgirl leave the Cain page filled in and start writing her history as Batgirl again. Completely up to date :D "
you're right, it does become pointless, I see your flawed logic and I'll leave you to it, although my mind is superior to your own, obviously nothing I say can cure you of this delusion 

though I would like to mention I've got more then 60 times your point total and I can actually access the wiki queue so my vote counts for more when it comes to these matters...now that you're no longer #1 Poster, what exactly do you have? :P
#27 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
"you're right, it does become pointless, I see your flawed logic and I'll leave you to it, although my mind is superior to your own, obviously nothing I say can cure you of this delusion  though I would like to mention I've got more then 60 times your point total and I can actually access the wiki queue so my vote counts for more when it comes to these matters...now that you're no longer #1 Poster, what exactly do you have? :P "
Hahaha see, you're a winner after all. "Who's the big winner here? Come on, who's the big winner? AZTEK, Aztek's the big winner yaaaay" :P

#28 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @aztek the lost said:
"you're right, it does become pointless, I see your flawed logic and I'll leave you to it, although my mind is superior to your own, obviously nothing I say can cure you of this delusion  though I would like to mention I've got more then 60 times your point total and I can actually access the wiki queue so my vote counts for more when it comes to these matters...now that you're no longer #1 Poster, what exactly do you have? :P "
Hahaha see, you're a winner after all. "Who's the big winner here? Come on, who's the big winner? AZTEK, Aztek's the big winner yaaaay" :P

"
hahaha!

I hate you so much... 

(btw, is that the guy from Two and a Half Men and the Michael Jordan underwear commercials?)
#29 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: LOL Charlie Sheen, yeah that's the guy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.