Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3340 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Is Black Panther above peak human?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Is Black Panther above peak human when he eats the magically herbs from the panther god? Is he also above Cap when he does it?

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By Blackreverend
    @King-Stranglehold da first: Not quite...One on One and technicalities aside...
    Steve Rogers is stronger, (possibly) faster and has more way endurance than any human at maximum potential due to the super soldier serum. 

But the herbs that the Black Panthers eat give them enhanced senses and reflexes. T'Challa on his own is already at peak human levels.
    Those herbs give him an edge and not necessarily an supe up like Cap's serum. Who do you think would win?
    Avatar image for franklinrichards86
    franklinrichards86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blackreverend:
    Avatar image for franklinrichards86
    franklinrichards86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought they were equal. But panthers suit might give him the edge, plus there r a lot of times when they both r shown to have above peak human strength
    BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
    @Blackreverend said:

" @King-Stranglehold da first: Not quite...One on One and technicalities aside... Steve Rogers is stronger, (possibly) faster and has more way endurance than any human at maximum potential due to the super soldier serum.   But the herbs that the Black Panthers eat give them enhanced senses and reflexes. T'Challa on his own is already at peak human levels. Those herbs give him an edge and not necessarily an supe up like Cap's serum. Who do you think would win? "

Thanks for the info. 

I am not sure. But hasn't T'Challa dad fought Cap.
    Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By Blackreverend
      @franklinrichards86: They are one of the most even matches you can set in the Marvel Universe.
      @King-Stranglehold da first: In most of the comics the Black Panther wins whoever he may be but in polls it's usually the opposite. 

Captain America is too much of an Icon... like Superman. I think it's just a way for Marvel to show how much of a A class hero the BP is. Not everyone may be familiar with him but they are with Cap. So making them equals actually boosts the Black Panther's ratings...
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Static Shock
    @Blackreverend said:

But the herbs that the Black Panthers eat give them enhanced senses and reflexes. T'Challa on his own is already at peak human levels. Those herbs give him an edge and not necessarily an supe up like Cap's serum.

You're partially right. The Heart-Shaped Herb grants T'Challa's enhanced human physical abilities, equal to the SSS, plus enhanced (superhuman) senses. He's performed feats that are well above peak-human, also (bulldogged a rhino that weighed over a ton, lifted his throne chair, which was stated to be a ton, lifted a large tree that had already fallen over, used a palm tree as a catapult, tipped over delicately placed boulders that weighed a few tons, held open and snapped the jaw of a giant crocodile [normal sized crocs have a bite force of over 3000 pounds per sq. in.], lifted yet another rhino and slammed it on its head, wrestled a five-ton rhino into submission, etc). In Panther's Prey, his physical abilities have been described as supranormal (which is a synonym for superhuman or supernatural). In Marvel Atlas, it was stated that the Herb granted T'Challa low-superhuman physical abilities. In Black Panther v2 (Priest's run), T'Challa has been stated to have enhanced-human strength, reflexes, speed, etc. Recently, in Heroic Age: Superheroes #1, Captain America stated that T'Challa and all other Wakandan kings have gone through supernatural rituals that granted them superhuman physical abilities, and that when T'Challa and Captain America fought each other, they were evenly matched. Captain America also stated that the only difference between them is that his physical enhancements were scientific, while T'Challa's were supernatural (because of his connection to the Panther God). This is all before T'Challa was upgraded in Doomwar, and later depowered in the Man Without Fear.

T'Challa has never been established as a peak-human in comic books, save for the Handbooks, which are never legitimate for most characters, anyway.

@franklinrichards86 said:

" i thought they were equal.

They are. Captain America admitted that they were.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Static Shock
    @King-Stranglehold da first said:
    " Is Black Panther above peak human when he eats the magically herbs from the panther god? Is he also above Cap when he does it? "
    Yes, he is, and contrary to popular belief, he always has been above peak-human. He's not above Cap, though. They are equals.
    lukecharles777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lukecharles777

Its confusing because peak humans in comics are always shown doing impossible things. Batman, Daredevil,Nightwing. Enhanced humans especially with extensive training like Cap Tchalla and Slade are are even more badass. These guys are supposed to be the limits of human potential perfect genes perfect training on the best steroids ever. With BPs super senses this would make him even more formidable. Tchalla has always been portrayed as super human the feats mentioned above prove it .

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Its confusing because peak humans in comics are always shown doing impossible things. Batman, Daredevil,Nightwing. Enhanced humans especially with extensive training like Cap Tchalla and Slade are are even more badass. These guys are supposed to be the limits of human potential perfect genes perfect training on the best steroids ever. With BPs super senses this would make him even more formidable. Tchalla has always been portrayed as super human the feats mentioned above prove it .

You know Slade is superhuman right?

lukecharles777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" Due to a military enhancement procedure, Slade Wilson's physiology was changed permanently. First, the procedure crippled his mind and body. Then, the experiment rebuilt his physical and mental faculties further than a human could process or build. These enhancements make Deathstroke an enhanced human, not superhuman and afford him the enhancements." I got that straight from the DC comics database I'm not one to argue Slade definitely does things that not even the finest athlete could do but so does Dick Grayson. To me enhanced means nearly superhuman or a low level of superhuman I feel like Cap BP and Slade all fit in this category all 3 can run far faster than the finest sprinter and can maintain that speed long enough to run a marathon thats superhuman in my book.

@peppeyhare

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: @peppeyhare: @lukecharles777: @king_stranglehold_da_first: for me in the comics he is much more than standard human I think he is in the same category as MVP if not a little bit more, the panther fruit and the panther suit helps him even more but we also have to remember that he has trained his whole life so even if panther was at normals human strength or less he would still be super dangerous because of his skills.

What do u guys think of MCU panther I think without a doubt that he is on the super soldier level as cap we see him over power cap and Bucky I even think that he may be faster then cap, maybe he got a panther formula or the panther fruit will be in the mcu

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.