Is Black Panther a Good King?

#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (14718 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering if we can consider him a good king. I mean he is but if he is in the real world, I think Wakandans would protest why he always leaves his kingdom, why he works by himself and why he does his crimefighting on another country.

T'challa

Did his father also do the same thing?

#2 Posted by Alchemax_7 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

I think his father did do the same thing also, but I reckon even though T'challa leaves Wakanda frequently and operates in a different country, he is still loyal and protective of Wakanda and would do everything he could for Wakanda as there king, even if that means going against the avengers.

#3 Posted by windcaster (227 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it was the rise in super-humans in the Marvel Universe and intellectual rivals that made T'challa want to join the Avengers to investigate their intentions and capabilities. Prior to that I don't think Wakanda felt that threaten by the outside world.  At least that's my two cents worth.     

#4 Posted by Mykhael (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemax_7 said:

I think his father did do the same thing also, but I reckon even though T'challa leaves Wakanda frequently and operates in a different country, he is still loyal and protective of Wakanda and would do everything he could for Wakanda as there king, even if that means going against the avengers.

His father was an isolationist.

#5 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i think t'challa need more personality & needs some flaws.

#6 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

His father may not have, but Black Panther has always dealt with problems at home before crime fighting elsewhere. He's even refused to participate in critical ops as Black Panther BECAUSE he's the King of Wakanda. Aside from the occasional supervillains, like Klaw, and gorillas, etc, there isn't a lot of crime in Wakanda, it's about as close to a successful utopia as exists on Marvel Earth.

#7 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

T'chaka wasn't a really a isolationist. Remember he invited Klaw to Wakanda, he also sent T'challa aboard to study, or those were his wishes. He wanted to change things...after his death they closed up more. Sure he's a good King. And currently he's not ruling day to day..Shuri is...

#8 Posted by Genki_Sudo (55 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say yes he was, not sure how I feel about Shuri's reign as queen( or lack shown of her reign so far since all we've seen is the great flood )

#9 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon, T'chaka was called T'chaka "the Great"...he's known as the greatest Wakandan King, and even T'challa feels he's a pale comparison to his Dad. Even though, we know T'challa is extraordinary.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91057 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

Not lately. I respect him for keeping Wakanda out of AvX related matters, but just look at how that all turned out. Sorry not sorry.

#12 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you guys just make stuff up or read what happens in the books? T'challa was fine as a King, things occurred AFTER he left the throne. AFTER he was ambushed by Doom. He hasn't been King since then. Those are the facts and Wakanda under him was just fine. He has been King since See Wakanda and Die...where he saved Wakanda. Shuri is ruler of Wakanda and has been for a while now. Most of the advancement and moves to protect Wakanda like we see in F4 607 is a mark of a great leader...he has his bases covered past his ruler ship. Those are facts.

#13 Posted by etamogrey77 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

yes he is a god king hes just not king anymore

#14 Posted by PassionFlower (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Well currently he is King of the Dead as ominous as that sounds. I think he is a great king, I think he has faced challenges far beyond those before him with still greater to come.

#15 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

He was a great king for years till 2008 when marvel just said screw it and just had people running roughshod over Wakanda. Now not so much

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.