Djimon Hounsou for Black Panther

Posted by WillRobinson (14 posts) - - Show Bio
 

Djimon Hounsou is going to play Black Panther… right, Marvel? Did you have someone else in mind? If so, who? Why? This guy is a multiple Academy Award-nominee. He has the looks, the physique and the acting skills.

This guy is T’Challa

Prove me wrong, Marvel.

#1 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio

Why didn't you post this in the Black Panther forum?

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Djimon Hounsou.He doesn't have to play every African character ever.I would be pissed if he played Black Panther.

Moderator
#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: He voices him in the animated series.
#4 Edited by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Vance Astro: He voices him in the animated series. "

And that's all he should do.Mark Hamill voice the Joker but I don't want to seem him in a movie as the Joker.....
Moderator
#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Vance Astro: He voices him in the animated series. "
And that's all he should do. "
Fair enough :)
#6 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep saying that Djimon Hounsou is one of those people that just HAS to play a certain character and for him it is Black Panther. I think he is absolutely perfect for it but I bet they won't get him to do it anyway.

#7 Posted by WillRobinson (14 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird: Honestly, I don't know. First blog post, it was 3 am, it didn't occur to me. I should, though. Cheers.
#8 Posted by WillRobinson (14 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: If you simply don't like him, fair enough. I think that in the case of this particular African character he's a perfect fit in voice, appearance, etc. He also hasn't had a leading role as far as I know, I think it would be a good thing for him.
#9 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought he would make a great T'Challa

#10 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

Solid choice would back it 110 percent personally, the perfect acting chops needed for role and he already voices him which = continuity  for fans of the animated series.  
 
Put it this way Marvel would not be wise to waste such a golden opportunity in my opinion. But hey i'm no director lol.
#11 Posted by WillRobinson (14 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Well, Mark Hamill looks nothing like the Joker, which is why he's never even been an option. If we knew nothing about Djimon Hounsou other than how he looked, he'd still be an arguably good choice.
#12 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio
@WillRobinson said:
" @G Bird: Honestly, I don't know. First blog post, it was 3 am, it didn't occur to me. I should, though. Cheers. "
OMG WTF were you thinking... EPIC FAIL!! Lol just kidding, no big deal. The Mods move topics wherever they want anyways even when it doesn't make sense.
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@WillRobinson said:
" @Vance Astro: Well, Mark Hamill looks nothing like the Joker, which is why he's never even been an option. If we knew nothing about Djimon Hounsou other than how he looked, he'd still be an arguably good choice. "
Djimon Hounsou looks nothing like T'Challa either so it's works both ways.
Moderator
#14 Edited by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@WillRobinson said:

" @Vance Astro: If you simply don't like him, fair enough. I think that in the case of this particular African character he's a perfect fit in voice, appearance, etc. He also hasn't had a leading role as far as I know, I think it would be a good thing for him. "

I'm sick of seeing him as every African guy ever.Every African guy in ever movie has to be him.It's nonsense.He's just the same nationality...he looks nothing like T'Challa at all.This same nonsense was pulled with Storm.Yes,Halle Berry is black and she is attractive and i believe she has SOME acting ability.Is she right for Storm? Hell no! Nothing about her says Storm.She did nothing to make us believe she was Storm.
Moderator
#15 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: 
 
Ok but who do you think should play T'challa then?
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@AMS said:
" @Vance Astro:  Ok but who do you think should play T'challa then? "

Micheal Jai White.Why? 
1.He looks the part physically. 
2.He's been in several martial arts related movies so he can convincingly play a street level hero.
Moderator
#17 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: 
 
I've got to say damn good call. Such an underrated actor as well, this could be his big time break.
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@AMS said:
" @Vance Astro:  I've got to say damn good call. Such an underrated actor as well, this could be his big time break. "
:)
Moderator
#19 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Jai White would be a great Black Panther, and he's actually expressed interest in it already which is really cool! I hope they pick him, seeing as he's already been in Spawn and The Dark Knight he knows comics and also he holds 7 different black belts so you know he's be great as T'challa.

#20 Posted by theiconic (924 posts) - - Show Bio

jai would be a better spawn  lol

#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" I hate Djimon Hounsou.He doesn't have to play every African character ever.I would be pissed if he played Black Panther. "
He's too old, IMO. He's a great actor, but he doesn't fit the part.  
 
Agree with you about Michael.
Moderator
#22 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird said:

" Michael Jai White would be a great Black Panther

@Vance Astro said:

"

Micheal Jai White.Why? 1.He looks the part physically. 2.He's been in several martial arts related movies so he can convincingly play a street level hero. "
Agreed. I can also see MJW as Bronze Tiger. But, either part is fine. 
#23 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
"He's too old, IMO. He's a great actor, but he doesn't fit the part.   Agree with you about Michael. "
Co-signed.
#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I hate Djimon Hounsou.He doesn't have to play every African character ever.I would be pissed if he played Black Panther. "
He's too old, IMO. He's a great actor, but he doesn't fit the part.   Agree with you about Michael. "
I don't like him either way.I don't think he's a good actor.He plays the token African Guy in every movie.He has yet to play apart that is any different.
Moderator
#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I hate Djimon Hounsou.He doesn't have to play every African character ever.I would be pissed if he played Black Panther. "
He's too old, IMO. He's a great actor, but he doesn't fit the part.   Agree with you about Michael. "
I don't like him either way.I don't think he's a good actor.He plays the token African Guy in every movie.He has yet to play apart that is any different. "
Did you see him in Alias?
Moderator
#26 Edited by Ashra (674 posts) - - Show Bio

 Lamman Rucker ???

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.