Did I give up to easily on the Black Panther?

#1 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
SO a bit back I decided to give the Black Panther a shot and I ended up buying the first of his new series Black Panther: The Man Without Fear.
I wasn't that into that much...it might have been because hes just starting out in a new city and getting accustomed to being alone.

So what I wanted to know is 
1) Are there other more interesting B.P runs that one could get into?
2) Did I give up too easily on this run and its better than i gave it credit for?

Thanks all. Take care
#2 Posted by Silver Zeal (203 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
" SO a bit back I decided to give the Black Panther a shot and I ended up buying the first of his new series Black Panther: The Man Without Fear.
I wasn't that into that much...it might have been because hes just starting out in a new city and getting accustomed to being alone.

So what I wanted to know is 
1) Are there other more interesting B.P runs that one could get into?
2) Did I give up too easily on this run and its better than i gave it credit for?

Thanks all. Take care
"
Black Panther: Panther's Prey

Priest's Black Panther run: issues #1-62

Jungle Action- Black Panther:

Marvel Comics Presents Black Panther

Marvel Premier Black Panther
#3 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver Zeal said:
@Kallarkz said:
" SO a bit back I decided to give the Black Panther a shot and I ended up buying the first of his new series Black Panther: The Man Without Fear.
I wasn't that into that much...it might have been because hes just starting out in a new city and getting accustomed to being alone.

So what I wanted to know is 
1) Are there other more interesting B.P runs that one could get into?
2) Did I give up too easily on this run and its better than i gave it credit for?

Thanks all. Take care
"
Black Panther: Panther's PreyPriest's Black Panther run: issues #1-62Jungle Action- Black Panther: Marvel Comics Presents Black PantherMarvel Premier Black Panther
mmm ill give some of  those reads a shot. Really hard to get into his character reading Man Without Fear
#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
@Silver Zeal said:
@Kallarkz said:
" SO a bit back I decided to give the Black Panther a shot and I ended up buying the first of his new series Black Panther: The Man Without Fear.
I wasn't that into that much...it might have been because hes just starting out in a new city and getting accustomed to being alone.

So what I wanted to know is 
1) Are there other more interesting B.P runs that one could get into?
2) Did I give up too easily on this run and its better than i gave it credit for?

Thanks all. Take care
"
Black Panther: Panther's PreyPriest's Black Panther run: issues #1-62Jungle Action- Black Panther: Marvel Comics Presents Black PantherMarvel Premier Black Panther
mmm ill give some of  those reads a shot. Really hard to get into his character reading Man Without Fear
You shouldn't have started there.This is the lowest moment in the characters history.
Moderator
#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the current series
#6 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

You shouldn't have started there.This is the lowest moment in the characters history.
i'm gonna back track a bit and see if i can pick up some of his older stuff...Him being the King of Wakanda seems like a more interesting than what he is doing in Hells Kitchen.
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
@Vance Astro said:

You shouldn't have started there.This is the lowest moment in the characters history.
i'm gonna back track a bit and see if i can pick up some of his older stuff...Him being the King of Wakanda seems like a more interesting than what he is doing in Hells Kitchen.
When ever a character takes over another's title it usually doesn't work.Hercules and Hulk is the only character i've ever seen it work for.Being the King of Wakanda holds him back from doing alot which is why I liked Priest's run way more than Hudlin's newer arcs.Man Without Fear just isn't written well.
Moderator
#8 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

The Marvel Knights Black Panther series from 1998 was particularly good.....in my opinion at least.

#9 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not terribly crazy about this Man without Fear arc. It's ok and some parts are cool but I'll admit, its kinda boring and a huge step down from ruling over Wakanda. Prelude to Doomwar and Strength were great but I dont think anybody captured T'Challa better than Jason Aaron in the Secret Invasion tie ins. That was some of best comic book writing I have ever read.

#10 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
Ok. Just finished another 3 issues in this series and I'm convinced that I did give up too easily on this arc and on the Black Panther.
#11 Posted by Ryonslaught (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz: I recommend Black Panther vol.2, Vol. 3, Vol.4 and Doomwar to get into the character
Black Panthers' Prey is a good book but suffered from the expostion explosion of the 90's there is ALLOT of Exposition!
 
The Big thing as a panther fan is to read and enjoy it yourself and NOT let the message board people taint your view of the source material. One man's garbage is anther's treasure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.