Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3341 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Comics to Video Games: Black Panther

Avatar image for StrongProtector
    StrongProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 1

Edited By StrongProtector
        How would T'Challa's skills translate to the digital realm? 
    How would T'Challa's skills translate to the digital realm? 

So after trying to put some Assassin’s Creed parkour elements into my idea for a Nick Fury game here, I started to think about what hero who has never had a game would be a more natural fit for that style of game. He would have to be extremely agile and be prone to climbing, leaping, and making whatever his surroundings may be his own personal jungle gym.

Jungle. Hmmm. This got me thinking about how so few of those games take place in a modern era urban environment and how none really take place in the wilderness. I can imagine that it would be just as fun to swing from tree branches and vines as you move through the forest canopy as it would be to move across concrete rooftops. And so I present to you my idea for a hero who could traverse both the dense African jungle and the urban sprawl, and who clearly will again in my idea for a game, the Black Panther! == TEASER ==

To ensure there is no confusion, when I refer to the Black Panther, I’m talking about T’Challa and not his sister Shuri. Now that we’ve covered our bases, we need a plot that will make sure T’Challa will travel around both the jungles of Wakanda and the city to make sure we get to experience both jumping around tree tops and dropping down on foes like a real panther and then taking those skills to the urban jungle. This will really help players to get a feel for some of T’Challa’s struggles as well as he has always had to balance the ancient ways of his people with an ever-changing world and urbanization.

I am thinking this would need to be a story broken down into two parts. The first part would be original to the video game in order to help feature some of T’Challa’s most iconic villains as well as to help the user get used to a lot of T’Challa’s abilities. These in-depth tutorial levels will feature lots of hand-to-hand combat as T’Challa moves around the African jungle in this third-person action adventure game.

Dutch scientist Ulysses Klaw is one of T'Challa's most iconic foes.
     Dutch scientist Ulysses Klaw is one of T'Challa's most iconic foes.

Now, the two most iconic Black Panther villains I always think of are Klaw and Killmonger and so they would need to be featured in these early levels doing their usual bit in wanting to destroy T’Challa, Killmonger to rule Wakanda and Klaw just because he hates him so damn much. These early levels will work out as about a quarter to a third of the game and educate the players in all of the moves and powers that T’Challa will use for the rest of the game.

After quelling these iconic threats, and since they always seem to be going after Black Panther, we can just write them off as a flashback or whatnot from one of the many encounters T’Challa had with them and we’ll jump into the comic continuity from there. We can pick it up right around the same time as Dark Reign. This would make sense because T’Challa could be reminiscing about simpler times for the battles against Klaw and Killmonger when confronted by Namor about the Dark Illuminati.

This could set T’Challa up for battles against Dr. Doom, Morlun, and Death herself if we were to follow the comic timeline and this could make up the bulk of the remainder of the game. We could also streamline the timeline, cutting out smaller events and whatnot to ensure that our last couple of levels follow T’Challa as he is now in Hell’s Kitchen (thus ensuring urban levels). 

The Doomwar story arc could make up the bulk of a Black Panther video game plot.
     The Doomwar story arc could make up the bulk of a Black Panther video game plot.

It might be a bit much to pull off, but a video game that features T’Challa against his classic foes like Killmonger and Klaw and then follows him through Doomwar would definitely be epic enough to warrant a game. Include cameos by some of the Marvel universes most well-known characters combined with a jaw-dropping depiction of Wakanda and the surrounding forests as you explore them Assassin’s Creed style and I think the game would be a perfect fit for action/adventure enthusiasts out there.

One last minor detail I want to mention is that if I’m having a Black Panther game, I want Keith David to do his voice for all the cinema scenes. If you need a strong, independent black man played in a cartoon or video game, you get Keith David. Plus, he’s already been the character when Black Panther made an appearance in the 1994 Fantastic Four cartoon.

So there you have it folks. We have a voice for the Black Panther, a plot with a lot of iconic villains, and a set gameplay mechanic that should work perfectly for what we would want to pull off. Let me know what you guys think. Could T’Challa carry his own title? Should he only be featured in a more team-oriented game like maybe an Avengers title? Are there other villains that could be featured? Is Doomwar the kind of story that could translate to a video game? Let us know with comments below!

CRTrobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CRTrobinson

I would def play it, it would be a refreshing change from the constant string of core characters that get update with new games every so and so years.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Kairan1979

He could be. Just not in Hell's Kitchen. The last thing we need is another Batman ripoff.

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Comiclove5

Yes, I would love a Black Panther game.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

yes. just fucking yes.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Bestostero

I'm not a fan of Black Panther unless he's with Storm, or the Fantastic Four, etc.  Stand alone, not impressed, with a team, maybe like he was in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Whens he getting his own stuff....he always second or third banana to someone else.
    darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By darkcloakx

hell yeah, i would play the black panther game  isn't moon knight a rip-off of batman not black panther.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#8  Edited By StarKiller809

I would love a video game of him. 

Reading these makes me sad because there are great ideas and you want to play the game but you can't because it isn't real. Great ideas.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

it should be kept completely original though no doomwar tie in. and get some more classic foes in there like white wolf and achebe

Avatar image for spider_man_2996
    spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#10  Edited By spider-man 2996

That would be a great game

SHAFEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SHAFEMAN

I love this series it makes me super excited for games that don't exist. It actually was part of what gave me the idea to do a blog about a superman game which you can find on my page.
    darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darkcloakx

interesting question would be the writer for the game? peter david, christopher priest,? every game needs a great writer look at batman arkham asylum paul dini.

warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By warcorpse
    @darkcloakx: No, moon knight is not a rip off of batman.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By JonesDeini

YEs,@warcorpse said:

" @darkcloakx: No, moon knight is not a rip off of batman. "
    What you said, folk. 

And I'd totally play this game, but keep it in Wakanda. No need to leave there for Urban levels. Wakanda is one of, if not the most advanced nations on earth. There's plenty of urban landscapes to explore. Doomwar would make a great game. And Keith David would be awesome for this role, but from watching Huddlin's Panther Motion Comic/Cartoon I gotta say Djimon Honsou's become the voice I hear in my head when I read Man Without Fear. 
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By warcorpse
    @JonesDeini: Did that black panther cartoon ever come to america?
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#16  Edited By JonesDeini
    @warcorpse: 
    As a dvd, yes. It was pitched to BET but they didn't pick it up (despite Hudlin' working there in a high position). 
    X-23_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By X-23_2513

I think it would be cool.
    isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By isaac_clarke

He might need some more on screen face time before this ever happens.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By goldenkey

He could work in an Urban surrounding, but to those that don't know who he is would look at him like a Batman ripoff because of his look.   He could work in a video game no doubt, he'd just have to start him in the jungle and take it from there.  I think he'd be a fun character to play if done right because he is a stealthy character as well as just a bad ass that can slice and dice.  Plus if he is in Wakanda it's very easy to have some very very good tech like strong men to have him fight.  The Wakandian technology obviously makes this something easy to use, and translate into a comic game.  Actually the more I think about it, because of Wakanda's technology and how it can be used in a video game, and with the Black Panthers versatility in abilities he's one of the better Marvel characrters to use.  Jungle, villages, and a palace would make great levels.  Agility, Stealth, Night sight, and claws. HMMMM.  Go with it. 
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By goldenkey

David Keith would be great for voice over.  "Never touch another mans fries"
    darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By darkcloakx

phil lamarr  for the voice of black panther. look him up he's an awesome voice actor. keith david for thanos  because his voice is so distinctive  he doesn't really sound human to me.

Avatar image for daredevilwithoutfear
    Daredevilwithoutfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be really open to a Black Panther video game as many have said keep in within Wakanda and Do not even bring it to hell's kitchen

Avatar image for StrongProtector
    StrongProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By StrongProtector
    @darkcloakx: I'm a big Lamarr fan, too, but every time I think of him I hear John Stewart due to his run on Justice League. 
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Osiris1428

You know I'm all for it it, but yes, keep some of it in Wakanda, but take it world wide. Why not go to New York to the Avengers tower, or even the X-Mansion. To Latveria, or even to Atlantis. Gameplay that is a mix of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Prince of Persia, and Assassin's Creed. Add cool scenes for Storm, maybe even have her as a playable character on certain levels, just don't you dare make her a damsel in distress. Add in Wakandan tech like the kimoyo card as a HUD or an on screen display, energy daggers for projectiles, anti-metal claws, the ability to upgrade or change costumes. They need some unique way of showing how the Black Panther uses all of his enhanced senses, I don't think that Wolverine game really pulled it off. Add puzzles to really make the gamer think, and use his all of his resources to the fullest. Could be a great game. And, yes, get the guy from the Black Panther DVD.

darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By darkcloakx
    Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje for voicing black panther.  
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Meteorite

No Man-Ape? As they say in Inception: '''Disappointed''

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eyz

It could work!

the problem, with gaming these days, is that they don take risks, so like movies chances are we'll mostly see the more profitable well known ones such as Bats, Spidey, etc..
    Back in the 8/16 bits era you could have games like The Flash (awesome game on the Master System), the Silver Surfer (buggy but fun hardcore shmup on the NES), Iron Man X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal (great game on the Saturn/PS1), Ex Mutants (Megadrive/Genesis), the Punisher (excellent arcade game, decent Megadrive port), etc...

Now, before a character, say the Black Panther, is either adapted into a cartoon or game, it needs to be popular to mainstream audience (via a movie?). No wonder a modern Flash game got canned last year.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FLStyle

This would sell abysmally, a waste of time and money. And it all boils down to the fact that comic readers who read Black Panther who also play video games a lone would not make a profit.

Which leaves the average gamer, who'll respond with, "who's Black Panther?" "why do I care about these villains I've never seen before?" "why is this poorly worked cameo of a character I know in it?" "why is this game a poor rip-off of Assassin's Creed?"

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Loki9876

can i ask to you guys who it is that is holding the dagger in the first picture.

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CaptainGenisVell

For some reason I'm reminded of the original Aliens vs. Predator game, specifically when you are the Predator hunting the soldiers in the forest. If a game from the 90's can pull it off in 1st person, it could definitely be done now and with far greater detail and acrobatics!

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As silly porpus likes to call me a 9 yrd Black Panther fanboy....which is true I have been a fan of black panther for around 9 years.  I fail to se how that is an insult.

Anyways, I would play it though I also forsee with everything mention from the members that the gameplay and such will be very very similar to gameplay of Predator: Concrete Jungle. Which is also good and also bad.

Ooooooor just have the gameplay very similar to Splinter Cell or Batman Arkham Asylum. Where you have th option of going all stealthy or just go in swinging.

Either way I'll still pre-order the collector's edition from amazon.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MyronLee26

I would make this game alot like Ninja Gaiden 2.
    I would also get Djimon Honsou to voice him again
    Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Silver Zeal
    @Osiris1428 said:

" You know I'm all for it it, but yes, keep some of it in Wakanda, but take it world wide. Why not go to New York to the Avengers tower, or even the X-Mansion. To Latveria, or even to Atlantis. Gameplay that is a mix of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Prince of Persia, and Assassin's Creed. Add cool scenes for Storm, maybe even have her as a playable character on certain levels, just don't you dare make her a damsel in distress. Add in Wakandan tech like the kimoyo card as a HUD or an on screen display, energy daggers for projectiles, anti-metal claws, the ability to upgrade or change costumes. They need some unique way of showing how the Black Panther uses all of his enhanced senses, I don't think that Wolverine game really pulled it off. Add puzzles to really make the gamer think, and use his all of his resources to the fullest. Could be a great game. And, yes, get the guy from the Black Panther DVD. "

We agree with dis post fully & would buy & play 10 cd's of dis game.

D game could have various locations from different 1's within Wakanda 2 Atlantis, NY(meet d Avengers & F4 members who could appear in different stages as well), San Fran(meet d Xmen & introduces Storm/Queen Ororo as a playable xcter), other parts of Africa, Britain(meet Cap Britain bcuz BP was/is part of d KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON), go outta space with d F4 other dimensions & planets. Even betta BP whenever BP meets any of these teams dey r in battle facing their own villians & threats making BP 2 help dem out.

It would b nice 2 c Storm's & BP's luv relationship blossom on screen  between d 2 xcters as d storyline & gaameplay progresses....may b could also explore his connexion 2 d Panther God & Storm mythical heritage but perhaps as a sub-plot dat doesnt conclude in dis game but hints @ a continuation probably in2 another.

BP would have 2 b very ver acrobatic using devout free-running style of movement especially since he can run up walls & side of building with his vibranium soled boots showing a lot of his agilty as much as his ultimate stealth where d "Gameplay that is a mix of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Prince of Persia, and Assassin's Creed. "(awesome idea by d way). A few playa puzzles(not many) & hotspot 4 weapons & capablity upgrades along d way would b nice.

Perhaps d storyline would start with d 'Who is d BP' arc which evolves in2 'Doomwar' but dis time incorporating & showing 2 ramifications across d MU including d entire galaxy & how Doom's & BP's actions affect or r affecting other heroes, villains, civilians & govts of other nations & planets. Dis would definitely require alot more villains 2 b included:

Achebe
    White Wolf
    Killmonger
    Diablo
    Klaw & d entire crew dat tried 2 invade Wakanda(Juggernaut, Batroc, Cannibal, Radioactive Man, B.K)
     Madam Slay

Black Dragon
    (mystically empowered man/dragon from K'UN L'UN made BP's villain in Priest's run)

Ghaur and the Deviants

Kraven/s(& his entire family)

N'Grith
    -Alien race that experimented on several species across numerous
    galaxies & dimensions including human subjects who once attempted 2 invade earth.

Dragon Circle
    (revamped)

Supremacists
    (kinda like d BP/Tchalla's 4th Reich team from DC....AN EVIL 'AVENGERS').

6MYM/6 million year man
    (visually revamped...BP/Tchalla's Kang)

King Cadaver
    -Wakandan mutate. Had the ability to generate great psychic pain, causing delusions and possibly even controlling the minds of others.

And of course u can add Doom & sum few well know MU villains 2 appear here & der.(any suggestions?).
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock

Me and friend had this conversation a few months ago. I came up with the idea of the game being set in the Wakanda (the city and then the jungle) and then transitioning to New York. The parkour elements of either Assassin's Creed or Mirror's Edge could be used to move T'Challa around treetops and buildings. His vibranium soles could be used to run up and down the sides of buildings (but he would have to maintain momentum so he would only be able to run up a building for a limited amount of time), and his anti-metal claws could be used to scale them. We figured that it would be third-person action, with melee combat and the use of energy daggers. Making too much like Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry would be over the top, even for a Black Panther game, so we decided against that idea. We wanted it to be a combination of both stealth and action, like Tenchu but more lenient and advanced with combat (since Tenchu's combat system was very basic). Basic stealth concepts, like blending in with the shadows and using his vibranium soles to trek without sound could work. His superhuman senses, like hearing and scent, could be used to detect nearby enemies and threats (and used to gauge an enemy's mood, as well). In dark areas, his ability to see in the dark could be used to his advantage (there can be instances were he could attempt to cut the lights out if this is the case) I figured that if the vibranium suit were to be incorporated into the game, it would have to be set up to where it would only be able to take a certain amount of damage before his health is affected by physical attacks. So, my friend said that it could be like the shield system in Halo or in Crysis. It wouldn't actually be a shield, but there would a separate meter or indicator for the vibranium suit. As for the story, we didn't want it to be completely based on events from the comic book. We wanted it to be loosely-based, but for every character involved to keep the same origins. So, rather it being a game starting from the beginning of T'Challa's life, it would have flashbacks of his origin, instead. There are some comic book events that could be incorporated into story, but new story elements and original plots should be available in the game as well, producing a continuity different from the comic book universe. There's a reason why Batman: Arkham Asylum was loosely-based on the graphic novel of the same name (which was written in 1989). I wouldn't even want Doomwar to be a key plot in this game, because the story itself wasn't that great. I also wouldn't want the game to follow T'Challa's entire life story. That would be a very long game. Gadgets, like the Kimoyo card, can be used to hack into computers and stuff, to open security locks, etc. Unlike most superheroes, T'Challa's moral code is different. He is not the traditional superhero, and there have been instances when he has had to do what is necessary. He has killed before. He has used lethal force before. He has even enlisted in the aid of villains before (Dr. Doom, during T'Challa's time on the Avengers). With this being said, the player should be given the opportunity to make critical choices in the game, whether they be positive or negative. As a result, how you make these choices will affect certain outcomes.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Osiris1428
    @Silver Zeal said:
    " @Osiris1428 said:

" You know I'm all for it it, but yes, keep some of it in Wakanda, but take it world wide. Why not go to New York to the Avengers tower, or even the X-Mansion. To Latveria, or even to Atlantis. Gameplay that is a mix of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Prince of Persia, and Assassin's Creed. Add cool scenes for Storm, maybe even have her as a playable character on certain levels, just don't you dare make her a damsel in distress. Add in Wakandan tech like the kimoyo card as a HUD or an on screen display, energy daggers for projectiles, anti-metal claws, the ability to upgrade or change costumes. They need some unique way of showing how the Black Panther uses all of his enhanced senses, I don't think that Wolverine game really pulled it off. Add puzzles to really make the gamer think, and use his all of his resources to the fullest. Could be a great game. And, yes, get the guy from the Black Panther DVD. "

We agree with dis post fully & would buy & play 10 cd's of dis game.

D game could have various locations from different 1's within Wakanda 2 Atlantis, NY(meet d Avengers & F4 members who could appear in different stages as well), San Fran(meet d Xmen & introduces Storm/Queen Ororo as a playable xcter), other parts of Africa, Britain(meet Cap Britain bcuz BP was/is part of d KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON), go outta space with d F4 other dimensions & planets. Even betta BP whenever BP meets any of these teams dey r in battle facing their own villians & threats making BP 2 help dem out.

It would b nice 2 c Storm's & BP's luv relationship blossom on screen  between d 2 xcters as d storyline & gaameplay progresses....may b could also explore his connexion 2 d Panther God & Storm mythical heritage but perhaps as a sub-plot dat doesnt conclude in dis game but hints @ a continuation probably in2 another.

BP would have 2 b very ver acrobatic using devout free-running style of movement especially since he can run up walls & side of building with his vibranium soled boots showing a lot of his agilty as much as his ultimate stealth where d "Gameplay that is a mix of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Prince of Persia, and Assassin's Creed. "(awesome idea by d way). A few playa puzzles(not many) & hotspot 4 weapons & capablity upgrades along d way would b nice.

Perhaps d storyline would start with d 'Who is d BP' arc which evolves in2 'Doomwar' but dis time incorporating & showing 2 ramifications across d MU including d entire galaxy & how Doom's & BP's actions affect or r affecting other heroes, villains, civilians & govts of other nations & planets. Dis would definitely require alot more villains 2 b included:

Achebe
    White Wolf
    Killmonger
    Diablo
    Klaw & d entire crew dat tried 2 invade Wakanda(Juggernaut, Batroc, Cannibal, Radioactive Man, B.K)
     Madam Slay

Black Dragon
    (mystically empowered man/dragon from K'UN L'UN made BP's villain in Priest's run)

Ghaur and the Deviants

Kraven/s(& his entire family)

N'Grith
    -Alien race that experimented on several species across numerous
    galaxies & dimensions including human subjects who once attempted 2 invade earth.

Dragon Circle
    (revamped)

Supremacists
    (kinda like d BP/Tchalla's 4th Reich team from DC....AN EVIL 'AVENGERS').

6MYM/6 million year man
    (visually revamped...BP/Tchalla's Kang)

King Cadaver
    -Wakandan mutate. Had the ability to generate great psychic pain, causing delusions and possibly even controlling the minds of others.And of course u can add Doom & sum few well know MU villains 2 appear here & der.(any suggestions?). "
    @Static Shock said:
    " Me and friend had this conversation a few months ago. I came up with the idea of the game being set in the Wakanda (the city and then the jungle) and then transitioning to New York. The parkour elements of either Assassin's Creed or Mirror's Edge could be used to move T'Challa around treetops and buildings. His vibranium soles could be used to run up and down the sides of buildings (but he would have to maintain momentum so he would only be able to run up a building for a limited amount of time), and his anti-metal claws could be used to scale them. We figured that it would be third-person action, with melee combat and the use of energy daggers. Making too much like Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry would be over the top, even for a Black Panther game, so we decided against that idea. We wanted it to be a combination of both stealth and action, like Tenchu but more lenient and advanced with combat (since Tenchu's combat system was very basic). Basic stealth concepts, like blending in with the shadows and using his vibranium soles to trek without sound could work. His superhuman senses, like hearing and scent, could be used to detect nearby enemies and threats (and used to gauge an enemy's mood, as well). In dark areas, his ability to see in the dark could be used to his advantage (there can be instances were he could attempt to cut the lights out if this is the case) I figured that if the vibranium suit were to be incorporated into the game, it would have to be set up to where it would only be able to take a certain amount of damage before his health is affected by physical attacks. So, my friend said that it could be like the shield system in Halo or in Crysis. It wouldn't actually be a shield, but there would a separate meter or indicator for the vibranium suit. As for the story, we didn't want it to be completely based on events from the comic book. We wanted it to be loosely-based, but for every character involved to keep the same origins. So, rather it being a game starting from the beginning of T'Challa's life, it would have flashbacks of his origin, instead. There are some comic book events that could be incorporated into story, but new story elements and original plots should be available in the game as well, producing a continuity different from the comic book universe. There's a reason why Batman: Arkham Asylum was loosely-based on the graphic novel of the same name (which was written in 1989). I wouldn't even want Doomwar to be a key plot in this game, because the story itself wasn't that great. I also wouldn't want the game to follow T'Challa's entire life story. That would be a very long game. Gadgets, like the Kimoyo card, can be used to hack into computers and stuff, to open security locks, etc. Unlike most superheroes, T'Challa's moral code is different. He is not the traditional superhero, and there have been instances when he has had to do what is necessary. He has killed before. He has used lethal force before. He has even enlisted in the aid of villains before (Dr. Doom, during T'Challa's time on the Avengers). With this being said, the player should be given the opportunity to make critical choices in the game, whether they be positive or negative. As a result, how you make these choices will affect certain outcomes. "
    ALL GREAT IDEAS, GUYS!!
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By Billy Batson

nah, we already have Batman :P

blaakmawf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By blaakmawf

Yeah, I could dig it.

darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By darkcloakx

oh well, black panther will never see the light of day to have his own video game because the similarities and  differences to batman. and might  sell well due to the fact that he is an african superhero and unless they make him white the audiences will be more interested in him.

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Osiris1428
    @darkcloakx said:
    " oh well, black panther will never see the light of day to have his own video game because the similarities and  differences to batman. and might  sell well due to the fact that he is an african superhero and unless they make him white the audiences will be more interested in him. "
    I don't believe that whatsoever,
    darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By darkcloakx

why not? @ Osiris1428 look at what they did with avatar the last airbender or prince of persia  and most games have white protagonist except for prototype 2 and  gta san andreas.

SuperGamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By SuperGamera

GOOD
    HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By HexThis

No, he's extremely boring.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Yung ANcient One

YES MORE SUPER HERO GAMES

(+)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Static Shock
    @HexThis said:
    " No, he's extremely boring. "
    Ever read at least more than one Black Panther comic book? 
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock
    @darkcloakx said:
    " oh well, black panther will never see the light of day to have his own video game because the similarities and  differences to batman
    I would have understood this better if you had said that he wasn't as popular and prominent as a comic book character to have his own game. But, this doesn't make any sense.

@darkcloakx said:
    "and might  sell well due to the fact that he is an african superhero and unless they make him white the audiences will be more interested in him. "
    If they have to make him White just to for him to sell, then they might as well not make the game. That's a cop out.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Osiris1428
    @darkcloakx said: 
    "and might  sell well due to the fact that he is an african superhero and unless they make him white the audiences will be more interested in him. "
    That's racists against white people.
    CHUsTRUTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CHUsTRUTH

I would definitely play this game.. But don't limit yourself to vilians.. you could have the Black Panther battling the fantastic four in a flashback even Captian America talking to T'Challa about how he fought his grand father. The Panther even post civil way where he fought the silver surfer and took over the spot of reed richards in the fantastic 4

ThatDude777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ThatDude777

Yes this would be an AWESOME GAME! He's such ah versitle hero that the game could have many different aspects to it. To do it justice it would have to be open world set in Wakanda which would work perfectly because it has jungle & urban, some metal gear stealth gameplay which would kind of be core since it is the panther, Assassin’s Creed traversal with some upgrades because he can climb walls with his claws & stop mid climb to pounce an enemy, lil Rocksteady batman fighting but much deeper, with a Kingdom of Amalur upgrading system, and of course you have to have Djimon Honsou for the voice! He has that natural africain accent, i'd even cast him as the panther for a move, plus this guy did the cartoon awesomely. And he would HAVE TO HAVE MULTIPLE COSTUMES WHICH GRANT DIFFERENT SPECIAL ABILITIES like Rockstars Red Dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.