BP's costume change: Magic or Artistic Direction?

#1 Posted by The_Tree (7205 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so I've been wanting to get into the character of Black Panther, so I've decided to try and read through all of his solo titles. So far, I've only read through the Jack Kirby run, and I've now started Chris Priest's. In Priest's book, Black Panther is constantly shown changing from costume to civilian wear and vice versa, is it magic, or is the artist just being artistic?

Example:

#2 Edited by Mykhael (67 posts) - - Show Bio

It's never stated but it's probably tech.

I just bought the essential BP trade that had Don Mcgreggors run as well. You may want to check that out.

Also, if you can find a reprint of his first appearance in FF that is a good read too.

#3 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree: The suit has cloaking technology, allowing it to pass off as clothing, as your scan suggests.
#4 Posted by The_Tree (7205 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mykhael said:

It's never stated but it's probably tech.

I just bought the essential BP trade that had Don Mcgreggors run as well. You may want to check that out.

Also, if you can find a reprint of his first appearance in FF that is a good read too.

@Static Shock said:

@The_Tree: The suit has cloaking technology, allowing it to pass off as clothing, as your scan suggests.

I just had to facepalm myself for not even thinking about tech. That's pretty badass.

#5 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: Yep. The Hatut Zeraze have suits that are based on the same tech, but with the added benefit of magic, allowing them to render themselves completely invisible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.