Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3341 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Black Panther's physical condition....

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Static Shock

I need to get this off my chest... Right now. I (and a bunch of other people on CV) are lead to believe that Black Panther as a peak-human athlete with superhuman senses, due to eating the heart-shaped herb. And then there are those that say he's a superhuman level athlete with superhuman senses, due to eating the heart-shaped herb. Some say the latter because of Marvel.com says (I was lead to believe that it was wrong). But then I hear that BP is slighty superhuman, according to the Marvel Handbook... And that Hudlin wants to make him superhuman or something....

If anyone can provide evidence on Black Panther having slightly superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, durability, and reflexes, please do so... I'd prefer a scan from the current handbook, or something...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Static Shock

Ughhhh....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Static Shock says:

"I need to get this off my chest... Right now. I (and a bunch of other people on CV) are lead to believe that Black Panther as a peak-human athlete with superhuman senses, due to eating the heart-shaped herb. And then there are those that say he's a superhuman level athlete with superhuman senses, due to eating the heart-shaped herb. Some say the latter because of Marvel.com says (I was lead to believe that it was wrong). But then I hear that BP is slighty superhuman, according to the Marvel Handbook... And that Hudlin wants to make him superhuman or something.... If anyone can provide evidence on Black Panther having slightly superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, durability, and reflexes, please do so... I'd prefer a scan from the current handbook, or something... "
    T'Challa is slightly superhuman because of his senses.I read most of his comics and I have never seen him do anything his powers wouldn't allow him to do.I know he can see in total darkness,track people by scent,blah blah blah Wolverine type suff with his senses.Other than that he's peak human as far as his actual physical condition.
    Post Edited:2008-05-18 12:34:30
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Umbraa

He is Slighly Superhuman  (Enhanced) according to the Marvel handbook, Marvel Atlas and other things. He is peak human from eugenics and Wakandan royal training...the Herb gives a spritial connection to the Panther God, which allows him to push himself to superhuman levels.  RH BP is basically using Don McGregor explaintion for the Herb granting powers, instead of making the Herb a SSS knock off.

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackPanther

Well considering all of BP's physical conditions are peak human without being super human he is sometimes considered to be super human, because when used together they sometimes allow for super human feats. For example speed, technique, training and experience can allow for superhuman feats, like a martial artist breaking ice slabs or a swimmer staying under water for extended amounts of time. Also with his super human senses and superior intellect he can calculate the outcome of many situations and peoples/animals actions, which is in a way predicting the future using facts and possibilities.

But yeh he has peak human physical capabilities, but with the use of his Vibranium, he becomes superhuman in many ways. He can wall crawl when he uses his claws to dig in surfaces and the vibranium soles of his shoes can stick to surfaces (he was able to walk on the bottom of a plane and a wall in Preists run). Also he can walk/stand on water, and his suite allows for him to withstand many different types of attacks. Which also begs the questions how Doom easily managed to attack and defeat him, because I'm pretty sure BP has enough knowledge on Doom to know what to do in a confrontation and wouldn't blindly attack him, but then again BP has always been too proud to back down from a fight and Hudlin has given both characters a deep rivalry.
    Also the suite has Vibranium lenses over the eyes which also allows for BP's eyes to be protected in the eye area from attacks and it cuts out glare from bright light which would make it difficult for him to see in a fight with his super senses.

So far I have noticed many times where Hudlin had dismissed BP's superhuman senses (like when BP used an ear peice to listen in on a conversation he should be able to hear with his super hearing)

Anyway I hope I answered the question... stay blessed,

Peace

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Umbraa
    Each Black Panther partakes of a heart-shaped herb found at Mount Kanda, which grants them low-level superhuman abilities, and a mystical connection to the Panther God

---Marvel Saga

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.