Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3342 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

BLACK PANTHER- Something to really think about.

AntiHeroMofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AntiHeroMofo

I have an interesting story with a question. So me and a couple of associates were talking about what superheroes we wish we could play in a movie and my response was Spawn or Black Panther. With that, one of my friends(who was black) said I might upset a lot of black people by playing a native African seeing as how I'm lighter skinned with curly hair. With all of that said, I'm still black and I don't see how I could upset any member of my community by playing someone from my ancestral homeland.Furthermore, Africa has many colors present and Wakanda is a fictional nation so we don't know how diverse it is or isn't. Whaddya guys think?

KEEP IT CIVILIZED!!!!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By daredevil21134
    @AntiHeroMofo said:

I have an interesting story with a question. So me and a couple of associates were talking about what superheroes we wish we could play in a movie and my response was Spawn or Black Panther. With that, one of my friends(who was black) said I might upset a lot of black people by playing a native African seeing as how I'm lighter skinned with curly hair. With all of that said, I'm still black and I don't see how I could upset any member of my community by playing someone from my ancestral homeland.Furthermore, Africa has many colors present and Wakanda is a fictional nation so we don't know how diverse it is or isn't. Whaddya guys think?

KEEP IT CIVILIZED!!!!

I'm black too and I don't care if you have curly hair or light skin.A dream is a dream bro
    AntiHeroMofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AntiHeroMofo
    @daredevil21134
    Thanx bro. Different opinion for different ppl. If I was to do that, I bet ppl would still go see the movie.
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Ryonslaught

I would def go see it though I would prefer a native African to play T'challa.
    As you said Black comes in many shades!

Avatar image for lightningtiger2190
    LightningTiger2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would see it too. I know plenty of light skinned people who are natives of Africa or both of there parents are from Africa. If a Black Panther movie is made i wouldn't care if the lead is a Native african as long as he can act the part and isn't old. A lot of the top pick to T'challa are either in their late thirties to mid 40's. I want it to be an origin story with a young T'challa coming into the role. My personal pic if he was a little younger would be Derek Luke. He has that youthful look and he is a good actor.

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Osiris1428

It might be wrong, but I always thought of Black Panther as a Sidney Poitier type. A distinguished, darker skinned brother. I see Bishop and Luke Cage as darker skinned, tall and intimidating types. John Stewart would be great at any skin toned but really light. Will Smith should be as light as they go. ICON (like that would ever happen) no lighter than the State Farm dude. Static....okay, most black male comic book characters are going to be dark. They are depicted that way. Why, who knows. Maybe they don't care to find coloring to make a black person the skin tone of someone like Blake Griffen. Kasper Kole is the only one I can think of. Maybe it's hard for the comic industry to understand that we really don't all look alike??

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.