Black Panther OP

#1 Posted by Rockafella220 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, recently i've been going through some threads involving Black Panther and it appears he is pretty much invincible to all the street level heroes in marvel and DC, which sounds wrong to me.

I'll admit, i don't read anything that involves the Black Panther, but i just want to know:

1.Is he really ALL THAT with his vibranium suit or 2. is it just fanboy hype?

I do not mean to offend any die-hard BP fans, but it ills me to hear how BP can easily take on Batman with the vibranium suit or how his armour allows him to withstand against punches from Hulk.

Hopefully this forum will help me to better understand BP char overall b/c right now, i'm feeling no love for him (can't help but think Batman rip-off+ indestructible armour)

Help me clear the fog of hate, i'm counting on you guys...

#2 Posted by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rockafella220 said:

Ok, recently i've been going through some threads involving Black Panther and it appears he is pretty much invincible to all the street level heroes in marvel and DC, which sounds wrong to me.

I'll admit, i don't read anything that involves the Black Panther, but i just want to know:

I do not mean to offend any die-hard BP fans, but it ills me to hear how BP can easily take on Batman with the vibranium suit or how his armour allows him to withstand against punches from Hulk.

Hopefully this forum will help me to better understand BP char overall b/c right now, i'm feeling no love for him (can't help but think Batman rip-off+ indestructible armour)

This is a Wonder Woman forum, I´m not sure you´ll be able to find out here. but hey maybe. ;)

#3 Posted by RazzaTazz (9481 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rockafella220: This is the Wonder Woman forum, I will move this.

#4 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rockafella220 said:

If you have never read anything involving Black panther then perhaps you should and then you will understand.

The fact that it ills you at how skilled and formidable he is and how durable his vibranium suit make him tells me that you seem to have a problem with him without even knowing the character at all, which is in itself quite troubling.

There are plenty of OP characters that are newer and blatant rip offs of Batman (which BP is not, Nighthawk is) and You choose BP to hate on. Odd, and quite telling.

#5 Edited by Nightwing28710 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Black Panther is at the top of the food chain vs street level heroes in Marvel.

@TheSwordsman: Nice DCUO toon.

#6 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwing28710 said:

I think Black Panther is at the top of the food chain vs street level heroes in Marvel.

@TheSwordsman: Nice DCUO toon.

Hey, thanks a lot bro!

#7 Posted by nappystr8 (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to say this because it makes BP sound like a rip-off character, which he in no way is, but consider him as Marvel's Batman. He is a tactical and scientific genius who knows exactly how to turn his opponents' biggest strengths into their greatest weakness. And vibranium is the same stuff Cap's shield is made of, so he is completely impervious to most bullets, blades, and even energy based attacks. So I would say not only does he probably beat most street level heroes, he could probably take down quite a few of Marvel's heavy hitters.

#8 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

True^^^

Black Panther is no more OP than Wolverine, Captain America or Batman.

Edit: I hate that they changed him and gave him mystical powers and the strength of 4 dead Black Panthers. It is just as lame as giving Cap and Batman those powers

#9 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^^he has always had mystical powers--going back to F4 #52-53. Peace.

#10 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree with umbraa about bp mystical powers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.