Black Panther live-action movie?

#1 Posted by Sydneytuah (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther Movie

good or bad idea?

#2 Posted by windcaster (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Its already in development from what I understand. I think guy writing the script is married to a Kennedy. 

#3 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

Good idea if done correctly! As long as its as good as the first Blade most should be happy.

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that it would be cool.

@karrob: Blade doesn't get enough credit for how it showed movie studios that a comic book movie could work and do well. Most of the credit it should be due is given to the first x-men movie but personally I view blade as being the first comic-book movie since like the 80's that worked and did well. X-men was just more popular and because it was PG-13 and not R it did better at the box office. But blade deserves some of the credit I feel.

#6 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13: Oh I agree completely! The characters were right, the actors were right and the story was perfect. To be honest I like X-men movies but Blade was by far a better film.

#7 Posted by windcaster (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember that if they do make a Doctor Strange or Black Panther movie they wont use as a big a budget as they did with the Iron Man, Caption America, or Thor.

#8 Posted by Serberus08 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Terrance Howard, and if he doesn't work out, Don Cheadle in the sequel.

#9 Posted by longbowhunter (7046 posts) - - Show Bio

@Serberus08: Ha!

#10 Posted by Rell127 (291 posts) - - Show Bio

Well BP will in the Avengers Sequel. Joss has said he likes the character. I wish he gets a spin off with his own movie. I hope BP will get his own movie.

The only actors they should play him should be

Anthony Mackie (he may be short but he can do a African Accent and he does look like T'Challa)

Chiwetel Ejiofor( He can do a wide range of accents and he is shown in a few movies doing Martial Arts)

I rather have Mackie

#11 Posted by jmood88 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rell127 said:

Well BP will in the Avengers Sequel. Joss has said he likes the character. I wish he gets a spin off with his own movie. I hope BP will get his own movie.

The only actors they should play him should be

Anthony Mackie (he may be short but he can do a African Accent and he does look like T'Challa)

Chiwetel Ejiofor( He can do a wide range of accents and he is shown in a few movies doing Martial Arts)

I rather have Mackie

I would love to see Anthony Mackie play him and, as a bonus for Marvel, they won't have to pay him that much since he's a relatively young/unknown actor.

#12 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

not only is it a good idea it's the best idea ever

#13 Posted by Rell127 (291 posts) - - Show Bio

Well me and my friend were debating who can play him. He kept talking about older Actors im like na Let Mackie and a buch of other kept trying to Michale Jai White im like he's a bit to old and to muscular to play him and as a actor he's not all that great martial artist tho. Mackie kinda has that mysterious look.

#14 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

my pick for black panther is aldis hodge from leverage he's pretty good actor and good with accents. a black panther movie would be awesome ! i'm hope marvel makes one.

#15 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

.....................I sense NIPPLES!!!!!

Chiwetel Ejiofor is adorable

#16 Posted by Rell127 (291 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01:

Not a bad choice he is tall and muscular he can be a young BP.

#17 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: everybody want him to play the role. that guy is awesomen. and if we can convince him to also play kratos in god of war movie......

#18 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who hates Black Panther?

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: Apparently

@KainScion said:

@Deranged Midget: everybody want him to play the role. that guy is awesomen. and if we can convince him to also play kratos in god of war movie......

I really hope he get's the role. He has that mysterious feel to him and his physique is almost perfect for the role. I'm pretty sure he voice the character in the short-lived animated series.

#20 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: yeah that was him. he sounded perfect

#21 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: why do you hate him? and dont say african batman.

#22 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@AweSam: why do you hate him? and dont say african batman.

Afr... Oh. Idk, never read any comics with him or watched him on TV, so he's pretty much just a dude in a Catwoman costume.

#23 Posted by ravisher (683 posts) - - Show Bio

add him to the avengers 2

#24 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure I heard this was already happening. I think it would be amazing!

#25 Posted by Rell127 (291 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam:

Black Panther is basically a Darker Batman before batman went Dark again. He a genius 8th smartest person in Marvel about number 2 in DC. He is amazing fighter I think number 4 in the MU he's one of the few people who beat Cap. Not even Batman could do it. His tech is on Par with Tony Stark's. His weapons range from deadly to knock out weapons. Look him up he's a interesting character most people who read him usually like him over Batman.

#26 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

Am I the only one who hates Black Panther?

I pray you are sir, I pray you are

#27 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i like black panther more than luke cage he's my favorite black superhero from marvel.

#28 Posted by SuperDoahBoy (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13 said:

Blade doesn't get enough credit for how it showed movie studios that a comic book movie could work and do well.

The same can kinda be said about the Spawn movie, it was great movie that worked for me but it didn't seem to be well received only cause in my opinion it was ahead of its time.

Just like how Robert Downy Jr. was destined to play Tony Stark and Patrick Stewart was destined to play Prof. X in the X-Men movies, Djimon Hounsou is born/destined to play Black Panther.

#29 Posted by crazyflashfan11 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its a great idea. id much rather see a Hank pym movie. But BP would be good if you put him with the avengers

#30 Posted by darktiger (4458 posts) - - Show Bio

BP definitively needs a movie he is one of the best heroes and doesn't have one

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.