Black Panther in Captain America 2?

#1 Edited by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

Since there's no option to tell another World War II story with Cap, and they sure as hell don't have the colossal stones it would take to send him to Afghanistan, is it possible that the Star Spangled Avenger could be heading to Wakanda? There seems to be a lot of potential for a story, a set up for the next member of the Avengers, and who wouldn't want to see T'Challa and Cap joining forces?

A scene like this definitely shows big screen potential.

What do you think? Would you want to see the Panther sharing the screen in Cap's next movie? If not, do you think he'd make a good addition to the Avengers in their next movie?

#2 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
I'd like that.
#3 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

I'd like that.

So would I.

#4 Posted by BatWatch (2364 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! I hadn't actually considered Cap going to Afghanistan. That would be amazing, but you are right. They would never do it.

I'm not anti-Black Panther, but I can't think of anything that would indicate that there is a Black Panther team up on the way.

#5 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap going to Afghanistan would be really cool, but so would him going to Wakanda.

#6 Posted by Izaiah (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this idea.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a bad idea.

#8 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, that would be pretty good. setting it in wakanda would give it a real different feel . i'm on board.

#9 Posted by DeadpoolPT (23 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be brilliant. Love to see that in Captain America 2, I'm sure the film would get a lot of popularity if they did that.

#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Izaiah said:

I love this idea.

as do I

#11 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5152 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be awesome if they do it right. They could go to WWII Wakanda and tie their tech and vibranium into the Avengers/Thor continuity. Who would play T'Challa? Michael Jai White?

#12 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio

There is only one actor to play BP: Djimon Honsou

#13 Edited by Chaos Burn (1773 posts) - - Show Bio

makes perfect sense with the rumors going about.... although I was hoping for a kind of S.H.I.E.L.D based movie, was thinking enemies could be a neo-nazi Hydra group led by Baron Zem

@Crom-Cruach:is Djimon Hounsou young enough? maybe he'd be better playing the father that gets killed

#14 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio

He has the look to me:

#15 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

That could be interesting. Maybe Hydra is trying to steal vibranium from Wakanda and Cap is sent in to stop it. Would be a great introduction to Black Panther.

#16 Posted by XLR87T3 (2264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: Nah. Michael Jai White actually knows martial-arts (so it's easier for him) and he's buffer than Djimon Hounsou; Michael just needs a tan to pull off a good African look...

#17 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio

That can be trained or arranged with a stunt double. However acting and on screen performance, what matters most. Djimon has it to a tee.

Micheal Jay White should be Luke Cage.

#18 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther would be a great addition to the movie univers and i hope the talk of him gettin his own movie is true, better him than the falcon rumour...i hope i never have to deal with seeing that on the big screen

#19 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn said:

makes perfect sense with the rumors going about.... although I was hoping for a kind of S.H.I.E.L.D based movie, was thinking enemies could be a neo-nazi Hydra group led by Baron Zem

@Crom-Cruach:is Djimon Hounsou young enough? maybe he'd be better playing the father that gets killed

Pretty sure Nick Fury's getting his own movie, so you may see that anyway. Plus, if Cap does go to Wakanda, S.H.I.E.L.D. would be the ones to dispatch him, so they'd be involved either way.

#20 Posted by Serberus08 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey what is this from?

#21 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Serberus08 said:

Hey what is this from?

Ultimate Captain America annual #1

As for the Panther, I think he would suit better in the Avengers sequel.

Scenario: the Avengers require vibranium to fight Thanos. In comes T'Challa.

#22 Posted by lronMan (29 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be a good idea and give Black Panther momentum for his own movie, but I'm assuming Winter Soldier will be in 2 unless Bucky is actually dead in the Marvel movie universe. Although there isn't any reason why both couldn't have parts in the film.

#23 Posted by viin (544 posts) - - Show Bio

i would love to see this...I would actually want to see captain america 2 then

#24 Posted by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be awesome! It was rumored that he was suppose to have his own film before Avengers 2. I think that is too much Marvel by then. Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America 2, Ant-Man, and another Hulk (not sure if its before Avengers 2 but I think it is). I mean, we need something in this! They wanted Cap to meet up with Peggy, who is old now, in Avengers but couldn't fit it in. Soooooooo lets add BLACK PANTHER!

#25 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
I'd like that.
Co-signed. 

@Crom-Cruach said:

Micheal Jay White should be Luke Cage.

I'd rather have him in a Suicide Squad movie as Bronze Tiger. 
#26 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThatThorFan said:

That would be awesome! It was rumored that he was suppose to have his own film before Avengers 2. I think that is too much Marvel by then. Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America 2, Ant-Man, and another Hulk (not sure if its before Avengers 2 but I think it is). I mean, we need something in this! They wanted Cap to meet up with Peggy, who is old now, in Avengers but couldn't fit it in. Soooooooo lets add BLACK PANTHER!

I really wanted to see that in the end of Captain America. They already had two perfectly good endings, so I don't think adding on that scene after the Avengers hype ending would've ruined anything. I hope they add that in the next Cap or Avengers movie.

#27 Posted by moneyspider1 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with ChaosBurn...perhaps Baron Zemo should be in the movie, and somehow Captain America and the Black Panther have to join forces to take Zemo down...after which Captain America and Iron Man (cameo by Iron Man) offer Black Panther Avengers membership. That's kind of how it happened in the comics, I think...

#28 Posted by Pyrogram (35099 posts) - - Show Bio

would be wicked.

#29 Posted by crazyflashfan11 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that it is unlikely, but if id did happen, that would be awesome! i guess falcon would be cool too. could you do BP without storm?

#30 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

@crazyflashfan11: He was cool for years before he met her, so...

#31 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaptainCockblock said:

@crazyflashfan11: He was cool for years before he met her, so...

Not gonna lie I had zero intrest in him before his marriage to Ororo, but he has grown on me alot since. I heard somewhere on here it was Falcon who was rumored, I hope it is Tchalla over him, but BP was replaced by Falcon in the upcoming Avengers Assemble cartoon so they may be pushing him for the role, and Falcon is a bigger part of Steve's history than BP.

#32 Posted by crazyflashfan11 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

yea. Youre right, but do it, purely because Black Panther is a badass.

#33 Posted by nerd217 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel seems pretty set on having Winter Soldier for Cap 2 but I don't think that should stop a BP cameo. I really want a Black Panther movie but that may be difficult so a substantial cameo in another movie (like Black Widow in Iron Man 2) and then a position on the Avenger's roster would be cool.

#34 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights: Well, BP is not from Afghanistan...He is From Wakanda...small country in Africa

#35 Posted by Oscars94 (2323 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do, they should make him like he was portrayed in Earth's Mightiest Heroes

#36 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

he won't be in the film. It will be Nick Fury, Falcon, Black Widow, Winter Soldier and maybe Hawkeye. No BP

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.