Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3336 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Black Panther Cancelled?

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I have not seen any Marvel solicitations on the website after the SI tie ins.  Is it getting cancelled?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator  Online

Strangely enough no. It's apparently just the writer taking vacation or something.

The sales on BP has fallen below 20.000 and is one of Marvel's lowest selling ongoing titles, but apparently Joe Q loves it so it stays.
    I think the title would do fine if they just switch writer.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Okay whew!

Thanks for that.  I'd love for Black Panther to be written by Jason Aaron.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Jason Aaron taking over would be great, but Hudlin is too involved for that to happen. Maybe if the show bombs Joe won't have a reason to keep the title going, at least not with Hudlin doing the writing.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
    Oh Wow. I thought the worst when I saw the title of this thread

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator  Online

Is Jason Aaron the one doing the SI issues?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Yeah. Best issues of this volume.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

A single tear came down my face when I saw the title of this thread.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fesak  Moderator  Online
    Buckshot said:
    "Yeah. Best issues of this volume."

No doubt.
    They might be bringing in a guest writer to see what the audience thinks, and so far i've only heard positive things so there may be a chance for him taking over.
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Great.  I certainly hope he does.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shaper

I'm lovin the Secret Invasion crossover so far, it's awesome.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#12  Edited By gmanfromheck

Hmmm...maybe I should try to pick it up.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The first 12 issues, right until the wedding was over were great, i dropped it an issue or two afterwards

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shaper
    G~man said:
    "Hmmm...maybe I should try to pick it up."

He's acting pretty badass (I won't go into details unless you want me too) The story is great, but the art is so-so.
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    Shaper said:
    "G~man said:
    "Hmmm...maybe I should try to pick it up."

He's acting pretty badass (I won't go into details unless you want me too) The story is great, but the art is so-so."

Definitely get it!
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#16  Edited By gmanfromheck

I'll have to see if my comic shop still has any.  They don't normally carry a bunch of extra copies of BP for some strange reason...

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shaper

Mine didn't have the first part but they had the second part. And it was awesome.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Same here. The first sold out.

Swordz81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Swordz81

I stopped reading this series after issue #11 when I realized that Hudlin was bullshit and I'd be better off reading the BP issues from the McGregor and Kirby Issues....I did read the secret invasion tie ins 39-41
    I think Kevin Grevioux should take over writing...Anyone gonna pick up Legend of the Blue Marvel?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hadrelius

The Kirby BP is the best. Hudlin's BP stories are bad. I like his take on BP as a character but his stories are just bad.

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BlackPanther
    Alpha said:
    "The Kirby BP is the best. Hudlin's BP stories are bad. I like his take on BP as a character but his stories are just bad."
    Agree 100%. Hudlin has the right idea however he is too bad at story telling for it to show. I'm thinking that BP may need more than one writer because he is a complex character. Hudlin can't seem to understand that BP would do anything for Wakanda and that's what we see in the SI tie-ins. BP gets ruthless and risks his life for his country. He does whatever is neccesary to protect his country and ends up... oops almost dropped a spoiler in there.
    Swordz81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Swordz81

Hudlin probably didn't even take the time to read McGregor's or Kirby's run.  People don't realize that Kirby was so ahead of his time that he made BP ahead of this time!!! It was in the 70's that Kirby focused his energy into that BP series and tried to innovate the genre, he was so fed up with the comic execs at Marvel and DC. Kirby created a true hero regardless of race and made T'Challa be the noblest most intelligent hero out there. Kirby deserves his crown.
    Hudlin has failed because after 38 issues we still haven't seen inside the mind of T'Challa  and he hasn't shown us why Wakanda is the world's most technologically advanced nation.  Hudlin played with BP's concept like it was a toy. Black Panther means something and could really inspire millions of black kids around the world who need a role model.
    T'Challa is a mastermind, a scientific genius. In the REAL continuity it was T'Challa who progressed Wakanda into being the technological MARVEL that it is...
    Hudlin also hasn't infused the Panther God's significance into T'Challa's persona. Jason Aaron made Hudlin look like a fool in only 3 issues.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Apparition

hudlin's a horrible writer who has no vision, no creativity and no understanding of his character.  he just wants bp to be the coolest of the cool, and focuses on cool scenes instead of developing anything in the comic: the characters, the society, the country... anything

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shaper
    Swordz81 said:
    " Jason Aaron made Hudlin look like a fool in only 3 issues."

Boom baby.
    cadaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By cadaver

I hate the black panther and everything he stand for. he ruined storm, who used to rock, now she is just a lame weak house wife of an idiot. I'm just finishing up the skrull invasion and would dance a jig if that moron was indeed a skrull and storm killed him. the writers for the black panther suck even more than the character does. I hope that some one takes their head out of their ass and does cancel this lame series. I'm tired of reading it in all the cross overs.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    cadaver said:
    "I hate the black panther and everything he stand for. he ruined storm, who used to rock, now she is just a lame weak house wife of an idiot. I'm just finishing up the skrull invasion and would dance a jig if that moron was indeed a skrull and storm killed him. the writers for the black panther suck even more than the character does. I hope that some one takes their head out of their ass and does cancel this lame series. I'm tired of reading it in all the cross overs."
    Black Panther didn't ruin Storm..Hudlin did.Storm isn't an idiot though..no matter who writes for her..she never has been.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock
    Alpha said:
    "The Kirby BP is the best."
    After reading Priest's BP, you'll have a change of opinion.
    Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sling Shot

I haven't had any money!!.......So I haven't seen Jason Aaron's take. Is it that good? Because BP needs a writer on par with his character.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Yes!   Those three issues were awesome.

cadaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cadaver

didn't say she was an idiot, I said she was the house wife of an idiot! and you're damn right about the writers these days. they should stop with the retcon and start coming up with their own ideas, if they have any. I would have been happier if they had killed off storm rather than write her this way. she could have a nice grave next to jean, they could both rest in peace, safe from crummy writers like this hudlin fool!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

A long time ago I couldn't figure out why everyone hated this Hudlin guy and then I came across this scan of T'Challa where he has the audacity to tell Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel/Photon/Pulsar) that she hasn't been using her powers "properly" (which clearly shows that Hudlin knows nothing about Monica Rambeau or her history as a Marvel superhero).

No Caption Provided

Hey...is that short old guy in Panel 3, Red Fox from Sanford and Son? Holy crap it is! Damn it Hudlin, leave him out of your crappy comics!
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    King Hyperion said:
    "A long time ago I couldn't figure out why everyone hated this Hudlin guy and then I came across this scan of T'Challa where he has the audacity to tell Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel/Photon/Pulsar) that she hasn't been using her powers "properly" (which clearly shows that Hudlin knows nothing about Monica Rambeau or her history as a Marvel superhero).

No Caption Provided

Hey...is that short old guy in Panel 3, Red Fox from Sanford and Son? Holy crap it is! Damn it Hudlin, leave him out of your crappy comics!
    "
    It makes me feel angry looking at this.............and there goes Hudlin's stupid humor with those two old guys. 
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock
    cadaver said:
    "didn't say she was an idiot, I said she was the house wife of an idiot! 
    What makes Black Panther an idiot?
    Avatar image for stormamazonpheonix
    StormAmazonPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cadaver said:
    "didn't say she was an idiot, I said she was the house wife of an idiot! and you're damn right about the writers these days. they should stop with the retcon and start coming up with their own ideas, if they have any. I would have been happier if they had killed off storm rather than write her this way. she could have a nice grave next to jean, they could both rest in peace, safe from crummy writers like this hudlin fool!
    "

What is this retcon that you speak of? Let's clear this up, FAST. Claremont was the firrst one to give them history. He wrote their first meeting. Later on Priest came along and wrote another meeting of theirs. In all actuality, Preist was trying to marry. Ororo and T'Challa back then. But she was beiing used. So before you go off pissing about, how Hudlin had to retcon a relationship between them, DO MORE RESEARCH!!! I don't know why Preist's meeting of the two, was not incorperated into the "Wedding of the Century". But find something else to whine about. How long has it been since BP  #18?! Find something else to have yur period, about.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.