Black Panther Animated Series

#1 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited about the upcoming Black Panther animated series. I think this character is deserving of his own show, or at least a shot at his own show. I like to see some of the lesser known Marvel characters get a shot at shining a little more. 

I read on Wikipedia that the show is scheduled to begin airing Mid 2009. I think we're a little passed that and still no word on the show's debut. We've gotten a few looks at it and there was footage shown at the Black Panel at Comic-Con. But I watched the whole Black Panel vid here and despite the footage, they didn't announce anything about the show's debut (unless I missed that part).  

So I ask, what's going on with this show? When's it supposed to begin?
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adam Michaels said:
" I'm excited about the upcoming Black Panther animated series. I think this character is deserving of his own show, or at least a shot at his own show. I like to see some of the lesser known Marvel characters get a shot at shining a little more.  I read on Wikipedia that the show is scheduled to begin airing Mid 2009. I think we're a little passed that and still no word on the show's debut. We've gotten a few looks at it and there was footage shown at the Black Panel at Comic-Con. But I watched the whole Black Panel vid here and despite the footage, they didn't announce anything about the show's debut (unless I missed that part).   So I ask, what's going on with this show? When's it supposed to begin? "
It got cancelled.
#3 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

You sure about that? It would be VERY odd for them to show footage of it at Comic-Con this year if it was cancelled. Not to mention no official announcement about it from neither Marvel nor BET.  
#4 Posted by inferiorego (27723 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adam Michaels: They showed the footage last year, the footage then aired on both Marvel and BET, then 3 months afterwords, it was canceled. I personally heard nothing about it this year, nor saw any footage.
Staff
#5 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

They announced it last year, they didn't show any footage of it. This year they did.  

http://www.comicvine.com/news/full-black-panel-footage-at-san-diego-comic-con/139025/ 

Babs even gave us the video of this year's Comic-Con's Black Panel that had shown footage of Black Panther's animated series. That part of the video is cut off out of respect of the demands of those in charge there.  

It's really hard to believe it's cancelled when it's not reported anywhere but in this thread. I don't mean to not believe you guys, but I have yet to find any word anywhere on the cancellation of this show.
#6 Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adam Michaels said:

"
They announced it last year, they didn't show any footage of it. This year they did.  

http://www.comicvine.com/news/full-black-panel-footage-at-san-diego-comic-con/139025/ 
 Babs even gave us the video of this year's Comic-Con's Black Panel that had shown footage of Black Panther's animated series. That part of the video is cut off out of respect of the demands of those in charge there.   It's really hard to believe it's cancelled when it's not reported anywhere but in this thread. I don't mean to not believe you guys, but I have yet to find any word anywhere on the cancellation of this show. "

I guess no one watched the footage of the Black Panel, or the interview I did with Reggie Hudlin where he actually discusses the project. Basically, it hasn't been canceled. You can view the interview here:

http://www.comicvine.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-2009-reggie-hudlin/138986/
#7 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for that Babs. Now mis-informed morons can shut their mouths.
#8 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

" @Adam Michaels said:

"

Babs even gave us the video of this year's Comic-Con's Black Panel that had shown footage of Black Panther's animated series. That part of the video is cut off out of respect of the demands of those in charge there.   It's really hard to believe it's cancelled when it's not reported anywhere but in this thread. I don't mean to not believe you guys, but I have yet to find any word anywhere on the cancellation of this show. "

I guess no one watched the footage of the Black Panel, or the interview I did with Reggie Hudlin where he actually discusses the project. Basically, it hasn't been canceled. You can view the interview here:

http://www.comicvine.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-2009-reggie-hudlin/138986/ "

I knew I wasn't going nutts!!! Thanks Babs!!!!  

P.S. Is it wrong of me to keep typing your name "Babe" but correct it to "Babs" before I post the reply? Thank God for revisions!!!!
#9 Posted by chugite (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not optimistic about the show when i hear that it basically is a motion comic similar to those old 60's marvel superhero cartoons. there are other ways to keep the look of a particular artist's style, look at spectacular spiderman or the batman both have a distinct style from an artist in cartoon form.

#10 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

Chugite, that is what they are doing right now. Watch the video...they are even adding scenes.
#11 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to hurry it up with this. Please!

#12 Edited by fanboy#1 (1050 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Richard S! Preston (64 posts) - - Show Bio

So, it appears that the first episode has been shown.

Has anybody seen it?

#14 Posted by Taliax (493 posts) - - Show Bio

It uses the 2d flash animation style, I have the 1st 4 episodes. It needs a bigger budget animation wise.

#15 Posted by White Mage (18747 posts) - - Show Bio
@Taliax said:
"  It uses the 2d flash animation style, I have the 1st 4 episodes. It needs a bigger budget animation wise.
"

Where did you get the episodes...........I need to know
#16 Posted by Taliax (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we allowed to post links to torrents? 

Search Demonoid or Isohunt. All 4 episodes are available in 2 torrent links 2 episodes per torrent.

Mods: Don't ban me :)

links will be removed if against rules

episodes 1 and 2 
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/150394965/Black+Panther?tab=summary 

episode 3 and 4
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/150965025/?tab=summary 

#17 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the first few episodes and I have to admit, I am impressed. I like the style of the episodes, based on JRjr, which is always a good thing. They also have a great voice cameo by Stan Lee in the first episode. Some of the voice acting is a little odd, Captain America sounded off. It is also pretty "mature" in terms of tone and violence, which I like. I have never followed much Black Panther so this is cool for me and makes me wonder if it is a direct retelling of the Black Panther story from a few years ago because it has the same writer. Don't know why this is not in the states yet although BET is a weird fit, it does have alot of racial and African background with the story.

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

The intro is gangsta.

#19 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait a minute this show was supposed to been released by now! I rember you guys talking about it back in early of 2008.....
#20 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" Wait a minute this show was supposed to been released by now! I rember you guys talking about it back in early of 2008..... "
It's out already. There have been four episodes.
#21 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" Wait a minute this show was supposed to been released by now! I rember you guys talking about it back in early of 2008..... "
It's out already. There have been four episodes. "

Wait what channel?
#22 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:

Wait what channel? "

BET. But, for right now, the series is only airing in Australia.
#23 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

BRUH. DIS SH!T IS STUPID GANGSTA!!!! (despite some chronological errors, mistaking young T'Challa's fight with his uncle, the previous Black Panther, during the Rite of Ascension as present day, when it was many years earlier).

#24 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
@Taliax said:
"  Are we allowed to post links to torrents?   Search Demonoid or Isohunt. All 4 episodes are available in 2 torrent links 2 episodes per torrent.  Mods: Don't ban me :) links will be removed if against rules  episodes 1 and 2   episode 3 and 4  "
I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to post links :p
#25 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes me wish for a Daredevil cartoon in the same sort of style or theme.

#26 Posted by creole (229 posts) - - Show Bio
@Taliax said:
"  It uses the 2d flash animation style, I have the 1st 4 episodes. It needs a bigger budget animation wise.
"

after watching this, i am very mad that this show is not aired in the U.S. first.
#27 Posted by J.C. (600 posts) - - Show Bio
@creole said:

" @Taliax said:

"
after watching this, i am very mad that this show is not aired in the U.S. first. "
I saw the footage in Marvel.com and it was amazing......
#28 Edited by Taliax (493 posts) - - Show Bio

episodes 5 and 6 are on the net. there are only 8 episodes for season 1 anyway

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/153225189/Black+Panther?tab=summary

Juggs goes down to gas? Man there is a lot of killing on this show

#29 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Taliax said:

" episodes 5 and 6 are on the net. there are only 8 episodes for season 1 anyway "

You got the links? I'm having trouble finding them.

EDIT: Never mind. I found them
#30 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Adam Michaels said:
" I'm excited about the upcoming Black Panther animated series. I think this character is deserving of his own show, or at least a shot at his own show. I like to see some of the lesser known Marvel characters get a shot at shining a little more.  I read on Wikipedia that the show is scheduled to begin airing Mid 2009. I think we're a little passed that and still no word on the show's debut. We've gotten a few looks at it and there was footage shown at the Black Panel at Comic-Con. But I watched the whole Black Panel vid here and despite the footage, they didn't announce anything about the show's debut (unless I missed that part).   So I ask, what's going on with this show? When's it supposed to begin? "
It got cancelled. "
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#31 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@speedlgt said:

"YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

I didn't get canceled. The episodes are out now. You've been reading the thread, haven't you?
#32 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Taliax said:
" Juggs goes down to gas? Man there is a lot of killing on this show "
It was supposed to be Rhino, instead. I guess the changed it because more people would be familiar with Juggernaut.
#33 Posted by Taliax (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"   @speedlgt said:

I didn't get canceled. The episodes are out now. You've been reading the thread, haven't you? "
He seems to not like certain people or something. Why is he even posting in the thread if he wants the show canceled.
#34 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
@Taliax said:
" @Static Shock said:
"   @speedlgt said:

I didn't get canceled. The episodes are out now. You've been reading the thread, haven't you? "
He seems to not like certain people or something. Why is he even posting in the thread if he wants the show canceled. "
i dont like a specific character...........dont be silly...............more so BPs fans are the most annoying fans I have ever met and there first thing out of their mouths is BP beat cap! and as a major cap fan i have a problem with that......

and I can post anywhere I choose dont be silly............
#35 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Taliax said:
" He seems to not like certain people or something. Why is he even posting in the thread if he wants the show canceled. "
He's proven his dislike for Black Panther ever since I came to the Vine, and has said some pretty racist things in the past. I'm not as hostile toward him as I used to be, but I would have figured that he was smart enough to read the thread before posting that.
#36 Posted by Shadey (186 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Taliax said:
" Juggs goes down to gas? Man there is a lot of killing on this show "
It was supposed to be Rhino, instead. I guess the changed it because more people would be familiar with Juggernaut. "

Plus it makes for a far more threat. Rhino sucks.
#37 Posted by Shadey (186 posts) - - Show Bio
@speedlgt said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Adam Michaels said:
It got cancelled. "
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Sorry to bust your bubble (not really) but the show isn't canceled. It aired over seas already and will be airing in the US soon.
#38 Edited by Taliax (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@speedlgt said:

" @Taliax said:

" @Static Shock said:
"   @speedlgt said:

He seems to not like certain people or something. Why is he even posting in the thread if he wants the show canceled. "
i dont like a specific character...........dont be silly...............more so BPs fans are the most annoying fans I have ever met and there first thing out of their mouths is BP beat cap! and as a major cap fan i have a problem with that......  and I can post anywhere I choose dont be silly............ "
Black Panther did beat Cap. Whats is your point, his fans said something that actually happened. You seem to be really defensive about you posts. Anyway if you don't like BP why do you care enough to actually post negative comments on his personal forum? That what a troll would do.
#39 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@speedlgt said:

" more so BPs fans are the most annoying fans I have ever met and there first thing out of their mouths is BP beat cap! and as a major cap fan i have a problem with that......  and I can post anywhere I choose dont be silly............ "

No one is saying that you can't post where you want. But, seriously, it was just established that the show wasn't canceled, so the context of that post you made is meaningless, and quite silly since you didn't read the thread before posting that. So, please don't attack her because of it. You can be a Captain America fan, but that doesn't mean that he's going to win every fight. In volume 4, it was written that T'Chaka (T'Challa's father) defeated Captain America because he was young and an inexperienced fighter during World War II, and because he was trespassing on Wakandan soil. 

But, you're welcome to dismiss it as an invalid retcon, because in volume 3, T'Chaka stalemated Captain America instead during the same time period. Whatever came first, huh? In fact, I like Captain America, not as much as you, but I've been willing to accept the stalemate in volume 3 over the retcon in volume 4 (not to mention that it was written by a guy who's comic book knowledge and credibility are.... eh...).

But, the fight between T'Challa and Captain America during the Civil War is valid, even if you don't like it. That's just how it is.

Other than that, they considered to be equals in combat. Besides, there's a mini-series being released for T'Chaka and Cap during World War II later this year. It's a team up. Take the time to read it. You might like it. :)

#40 Edited by Shadey (186 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock: Good post but to be honest while I think Priest is a MUCH better writer than Hudlin will ever be, Hudlin's retcon fight made more sense when you think about it. You have an inexperienced and young solider Cap going up against a more experienced, older and skilled king of the most advanced nation on the planet who's just as strong as peak human Steve. It's more likely that BP would win back then. Also minor correction the person Cap was fighting in WW2 and will be staring in the mini series with is Azzuri the Wise (T'Challa's Grandfather).
#41 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadey said:
"Static Shock: Good post but to be honest while I think Priest is a MUCH better writer than Hudlin will ever be, Hudlin's retcon fight made more sense when you think about it. You have an inexperienced and young solider Cap going up against a more experienced, older and skilled king of the most advanced nation on the planet who's just as strong as peak human Steve. It's more likely that BP would win back then.
While it could have made more sense, I'm only going what's written first, not to mention that the fight Priest wrote wasn't written to have a clear winner to it. Not only that, Hudlin took T'Challa's origin and the T'Chaka/Klaw relationship, shafted it and retconned it into something else, contradicting a history that has already been established. That would also include the battle between Cap and T'Chaka in WWII.

@Shadey said:
"Also minor correction the person Cap was fighting in WW2 and will be staring in the mini series with is Azzuri the Wise (T'Challa's Grandfather). "
Weird. Since, T'Chaka was written to be alive in other books during that time period. Hudlin is also writing that series, as well. Wouldn't surprise me.
#42 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

The show comes out June 23rd on Itunes I believe. I can't wait!!! (Hence the avatar)
#43 Posted by Silver Zeal (213 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" The show comes out June 23rd on Itunes I believe. I can't wait!!! (Hence the avatar) "
Wat happened 2 d show!

It seems daat Marvel just ripped-it off i-Tunes and we were gonna get 12 episodes instead of 6 episodes dat was aired in Australia.

Damn! Wat happened?
#44 Edited by Enigman (195 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver Zeal said:

" @JoeRiccadonna said:

" The show comes out June 23rd on Itunes I believe. I can't wait!!! (Hence the avatar) "
Wat happened 2 d show!  It seems daat Marvel just ripped-it off i-Tunes and we were gonna get 12 episodes instead of 6 episodes dat was aired in Australia.  Damn! Wat happened? "
Just saw the first 6 episodes on Hulu. They were awesome. They aren't offering the next 6 on Itunes? That makes no sense. It is likely politically motivated as there was some very strong political (and true) commentary in the episodes. Lousy Illuminati scumbags...lol
#45 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen them all... I don't really like the animation style or the storylines or the guest stars... they should have done a better job with it.

#46 Posted by Silver Zeal (213 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enigman said:
" @Silver Zeal said:

" @JoeRiccadonna said:

Wat happened 2 d show!  It seems daat Marvel just ripped-it off i-Tunes and we were gonna get 12 episodes instead of 6 episodes dat was aired in Australia.  Damn! Wat happened? "
Just saw the first 6 episodes on Hulu. They were awesome. They aren't offering the next 6 on Itunes? That makes no sense. It is likely politically motivated as there was some very strong political (and true) commentary in the episodes. Lousy Illuminati scumbags...lol "
Is there any way of contacting Reginald Hudlin about when we r gonna c d remaining 6 episodes and/or wat has happened 2 dem.
#47 Edited by Enigman (195 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver Zeal said:

" @Enigman said:

" @Silver Zeal said:

" @JoeRiccadonna said:

Just saw the first 6 episodes on Hulu. They were awesome. They aren't offering the next 6 on Itunes? That makes no sense. It is likely politically motivated as there was some very strong political (and true) commentary in the episodes. Lousy Illuminati scumbags...lol "
Is there any way of contacting Reginald Hudlin about when we r gonna c d remaining 6 episodes and/or wat has happened 2 dem. "
I have no idea but someone needs to spearhead a petition to get them all on the air with an ongoing series.

My theory of what happened is the Illuminati pulled the plug on them because of the political commentary in the movie.<----this is kinda sorta a joke but not really.
#48 Posted by Iamsam3 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that this show was canceled before it even aired in the US.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.