BatgirlBabs Reviews Black Panther #1, Is She Crazy?

• 91 results
Posted by G-Man (30607 posts) - - Show Bio

Is she crazy?  What do you think of her theory?  Did you read the issue?
Staff
#1 Posted by Erik (31580 posts) - - Show Bio

It does seem like a setup. You owe me cheesecake Babs. 

#2 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

What do I think.? ..................Babs is pretty......drool.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"What do I think.? ..................Babs is pretty......drool. "
How dare you drool over Babs on a Thursday!

you know the drill....
#4 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Hawk said:

you know the drill....
"
I was not informed of a drill. Please enlighten me...
#5 Edited by Kid Anarchy (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree with Babs i think Namor set up Black Panther.
its starting to sound like Earth-10267:

"On Earth-10267, after a standoff with Dr. Doom, The Black Panther and Namor the Submariner became bitter enemies. War eventually broke out between Wakanda and Atlantis when Namor flooded the Capital City of Wakanda and caused it to overgrow with vegetation making it nearly uninhabitable. In retaliation The Black Panther sent "Panther Tanks" to Atlantis and destroyed Namor's throneroom. This led to Namor unleashing an endless horde of sea-beasts upon the now-flooded Wakandan Capital which in turn led to more strikebacks from The Black Panther. The war continued until finally both Wakanda and Atlantis were laid to waste and left in total ruins."

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Hawk said:

you know the drill....
"
"
Rule #46: If caught blatantly drooling on a Thursday..the person or person's caught doing so has to read and entire volume of Howard the Duck.
#7 Posted by Kid Anarchy (1033 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Hawk said:

you know the drill....
"
"
Rule #46: If caught blatantly drooling on a Thursday..the person or person's caught doing so has to read and entire volume of Howard the Duck.
"
poor hawk
#8 Edited by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
Kid Anarchy said:
"

its strarting to sound like Earth-10267:

"On Earth-10267, after a standoff with Dr. Doom, The Black Panther and Namor the Submariner became bitter enemies. War eventually broke out between Wakanda and Atlantis when Namor flooded the Capital City of Wakanda and caused it to overgrow with vegetation making it nearly uninhabitable. In retaliation The Black Panther sent "Panther Tanks" to Atlantis and destroyed Namor's throneroom. This led to Namor unleashing an endless horde of sea-beasts upon the now-flooded Wakandan Capital which in turn led to more strikebacks from The Black Panther. The war continued until finally both Wakanda and Atlantis were laid to waste and left in total ruins."

"
Of Course Namor set him up.Namor is already with the Dark Illuminati.You know Namor snitched about him not joining the Original.That's why Doom said.."I don't have to ask,I already know your answer is,no!"
#9 Posted by Kid Anarchy (1033 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Kid Anarchy said:
"

"
Of Course Namor set him up.Namor is already with the Dark Illuminati.You know Namor snitched about him not joining the Original.That's why Doom said.."I don't have to ask,I already know your answer is,no!"
"
if they break out in a war, id rather Atlantis left in ruins and not Wakanda. and plus, Wakanda has Storm on their side
#10 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Hawk said:

you know the drill....
"
"
"
Is it okay to drool on a Friday?

@Babs

GREAT REVIEW. I plan on picking up the comic now.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
Kid Anarchy said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kid Anarchy said:
"

"
"
if they break out in a war, id rather Atlantis left in ruins and not Wakanda. and plus, Wakanda has Storm on their side
"
Well Wakanda will never fall.Namor destroyed Atlantis..it's his fault.
#12 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Hawk said:
you know the drill....
"
"
"
<---Loves Howard the Duck! droool........When's Naked weds?
#13 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Babs, that Namor set him up. Why else would Doom know where to go to find Black Panther away from his kingdom?

#14 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

The ending was funny!!!!

#15 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84477 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL nice Babs. You already know I agree with your theory. I'm embarrassed I didn't even catch it at first but it makes perfect sense. Looking back Namor basically warns Bp that his discision not to join is a fatal one. Doom just happens to show up in full force while Bp has nothing more then two guards? Namor's a bitch. He'll regret and pay for what he did.

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"LOL nice Babs. You already know I agree with your theory. I'm embarrassed I didn't even catch it at first but it makes perfect sense. Looking back Namor basically warns Bp that his discision not to join is a fatal one. Doom just happens to show up in full force while Bp has nothing more then two guards? Namor's a bitch. He'll regret and pay for what he did.
"
A better question is, does Namor join the fight to beat him down next issue?
#17 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84477 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Gambler said:
"LOL nice Babs. You already know I agree with your theory. I'm embarrassed I didn't even catch it at first but it makes perfect sense. Looking back Namor basically warns Bp that his discision not to join is a fatal one. Doom just happens to show up in full force while Bp has nothing more then two guards? Namor's a bitch. He'll regret and pay for what he did.
"
"
I don't think he'll go that far (maybe he will). I think he's played his part by luring Bp to the meeting.
Moderator Online
#18 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Nobody said:
"Gambler said:
"
"
I don't think he'll go that far (maybe he will). I think he's played his part by luring Bp to the meeting.
"
Probably, but you never know with Namor.
#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
Is it okay to drool on a Friday?

@Babs

GREAT REVIEW. I plan on picking up the comic now.

"
It's not ok to drool on any day but there's not rule on Friday.
#20 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

So whos the  new Black Panther?

#21 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"So whos the  new Black Panther?"
They didn't reveal and I'm guessing it won't be till at least issue 3.
#22 Posted by danisgod6491 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey G-man, Looks like Babs is giving you a run for your Review Money. There can only be one video review and well...looks like Babs just cut off your head with this one.

#23 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

This reminds me of Mr Director78 on youtube.

#24 Posted by danisgod6491 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen Babs on Fresh Ink. She one the video on the Attack of the Show website on the video titled Blair Butler at Comic Con New York. Video 1. she at the 21 sec mark.

#25 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Kid Anarchy said:
"

its starting to sound like Earth-10267:

"
YES! HIGH FIVES!

In this issue of BP#1, Namor tells T'Challa he had been called to a meeting executed by Norman Osbourne, and DR. DOOM WAS THERE WITH NAMOR
If Namor is not maliciously luring him in, he is certainly being blackmailed.
Afterall, who wouldn't want control of Wakanda; (debatedly) the most advanced Kingdom in the Marvel U?

Gambler said:
"I don't think he'll go that far (maybe he will). I think he's played his part by luring Bp to the meeting.
"

I don't think he will go that far either.
#26 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84477 posts) - - Show Bio
danisgod6491 said:
"

Hey G-man, Looks like Babs is giving you a run for your Review Money. There can only be one video review and well...looks like Babs just cut off your head with this one.

"
Decapitation for the Win.
Moderator Online
#27 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84477 posts) - - Show Bio
Esther Cotillard LeBeau said:
"LOL I don't think I have it in me to chop anyone's head off
"
Pass me the axe ;P

Seriously though, back on topic for a sec. Since we all pretty much agree that Namor set up Bp the next question would be why? I know he's part of the Dark Illuminati, but is that enough for a hero/anti hero to betray a fellow hero? Especially one he claims to respect and consider a friend. Further more, why didn't Black Panther suspect anything? Is he that trusting of Namor?
Moderator Online
#28 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84477 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor always has been kinda shady.

Moderator Online
#29 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
"I think there is a lot we don't know, and I think it has to do with Blackmail. If Namor can save himself and Atlantis, I can see him not giving a crap about BP and whatever happens to Wakanda. Somethings going on in the bigger picture.
"
Well in Secret Invasion: Dark Reign

Doom and Namor made a deal that when Norman's Reign ends, Doom would own the land and Namor would own the sea.
#30 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
"Well there ya go! We cracked the nut that holds the puzzle! And you just put it together in one sentence, Nobody.
"
Poses dramatic and says his catchphrase, "If you can't do it, Nobody can!"
#31 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84477 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Esther Cotillard LeBeau said:
"I think there is a lot we don't know, and I think it has to do with Blackmail. If Namor can save himself and Atlantis, I can see him not giving a crap about BP and whatever happens to Wakanda. Somethings going on in the bigger picture.
"
Well in Secret Invasion: Dark Reign

Doom and Namor made a deal that when Norman's Reign ends, Doom would own the land and Namor would own the sea.
"
That's right. But why would Namor hold to that deal? He already owns the sea, why help Doom achieve his goals? Why wouldn't he clue Bp in own what was happening or even ask him to help fight against Norman? I mean I don't see the reason behind siding with Doom in the first place.
Moderator Online
#32 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice review, Babs.  You've got me interested in this now I have to pick it up.  Sounds really good for a change, good premise.  I like it..I like it a lot....because it's evil..Bwa Haa Haa..

Err..anyhoo, that being said, Namor as we all know, has always straddled the line between good and evil and his motives have always been suspect.   Is it possible he is now going towards the Dark Side? 

Speaking of Star Wars, perhaps Namor is emulating Lando Calrissian for some unknown reason, maybe there are dark forces afoot that have yet to be revealed....I think so....

It should be me, Decept-O, but alas, it is not.  Blast It! 

Who said there can only be one video reviewer on CV?   Where did that come from?  Wha-Eva. 

#33 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure that the two of them are going to go full swing with their plan right now. While Norman is in control, they can smaller things right now and be immune from punishment.

#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is a dirtbag.I hope T'Challa ends up killing him.Then we won't have to hear that lame ass Imperius Rex stuff or his gushing over Sue Storm.

#35 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
"Vance Astro said:
"Namor is a dirtbag.I hope T'Challa ends up killing him.Then we won't have to hear that lame ass Imperius Rex stuff or his gushing over Sue Storm."
HAHAHAHHAHA
Gambler
said:
"Namor always has been kinda shady.
"
I.e.: Stealing other people's wives
"
LOL
#36 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84477 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Namor is a dirtbag.I hope T'Challa ends up killing him.Then we won't have to hear that lame ass Imperius Rex stuff or his gushing over Sue Storm."
LOL. I cant wait for Challa to make Tuna Casserole outta Namor
Moderator Online
#37 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
He is a dirtbag, but for some reason I think he is cool. Except when he looks like a hobo.
#38 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84477 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
He is a dirtbag, but for some reason I think he is cool. Except when he looks like a hobo.
"
Yeah I kinda think he's cool to.
Moderator Online
#39 Posted by danisgod6491 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Namor was just in the middle of it all. Maybe he was about to leave and BAM! Doctor Doom there with his doom might. Namor like i have nothing to do with this, i swear!. Then BP like aw crap. Just my take on the matter.

#40 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84477 posts) - - Show Bio
danisgod6491 said:
"Maybe Namor was just in the middle of it all. Maybe he was about to leave and BAM! Doctor Doom there with his doom might. Namor like i have nothing to do with this, i swear!. Then BP like aw crap. Just my take on the matter."
But how did Doom know they were there in the first place?
Moderator Online
#41 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
shakes head 

I cant hear what she is saying but she looks great on camera as always! ^_^

#42 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84477 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
"Hawk said:
shakes head  "
Glad you said it ;P

Moderator Online
#43 Edited by StormAmazonPheonix (286 posts) - - Show Bio

This girl makes me wanna gird my loins. lol But its not Namor's fault. He was set up jus like Doom set up T'Challa. Namor jus doesn't have the option of resisting, seeing as he needs Doom & the rest of Norman's Cabal. I don't think T'Challa will end up blaming Namor. Storm on the other hand, I'm not so sure.  After all Namor's back is against the wall. He needs to follow suit in order to get what he wants. I think he tried to recruit T'Challa so to strengthen his odds after Norman's reign. This might just have been a lil glitch in his master plan. 

But Queen Ororo is the NEW Black Panther.

#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
StormAmazonPheonix said:
"This girl makes me wanna gird my loins. lol But its not Namor's fault. He was set up jus like Doom set up T'Challa. Namor jus doesn't have the option of resisting, seeing as he needs Doom & the rest of Norman's Cabal. I don't think T'Challa will end up blaming Namor. After all Namor's back is against the wall. He needs to follow suit in order to get what he wants. I think he tried to recruit T'Challa so to strenthen his odds after Norman's reign. this might just have been a lil glitch in hes master plan. 

But Queen Ororo is the NEW Black Panther. "
#45 Edited by StormAmazonPheonix (286 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro said:

"StormAmazonPheonix said:
"This girl makes me wanna gird my loins. lol But its not Namor's fault. He was set up jus like Doom set up T'Challa. Namor jus doesn't have the option of resisting, seeing as he needs Doom & the rest of Norman's Cabal. I don't think T'Challa will end up blaming Namor. After all Namor's back is against the wall. He needs to follow suit in order to get what he wants. I think he tried to recruit T'Challa so to strenthen his odds after Norman's reign. this might just have been a lil glitch in hes master plan. 

"

I want to see what you have to say once its confimed. But besides that, you irk the *^$% outta me.

#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
StormAmazonPheonix said:
"

Vance Astro said:

"StormAmazonPheonix said:

"

I want to see what you have to say once its confimed. But besides that, you irk the *^$% outta me.

"
I don't like you either so that doesn't hurt me at all.If it turns out Storm is Black Panther it really won't matter to me,but stating your opinion as fact is annoying.
#47 Edited by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess I really gird his loins!

one thing: lets remember that everythings still speculation and nothing has been confirmed, so we should write our opinions as such ;). Although I can see what your saying. However, I still think my theory makes more sense, and heres why: If Namor's back was against the wall, wouldn't he have said something to T'Challa other than "I'm coming to you as a friend...side with us"? I mean really, some hero. Couldn't he have at least told him to come a little better prepared to defend himself in an event of an ambush? And what if T'Challa had consented to side with Namor during that meeting IMMEDIATELY prior to being ambushed by Dr. Doom? Doom ALREADY KNEW WHAT HIS ANSWER WAS. He SAID THAT. That indicates, at least to me, that Namor must have had some sort of communication with Doom.

I still think Namor was in on it.
That dude is one shady ________! =]

#48 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84477 posts) - - Show Bio
StormAmazonPheonix said:
"This girl makes me wanna gird my loins. lol But its not Namor's fault. He was set up jus like Doom set up T'Challa. Namor jus doesn't have the option of resisting, seeing as he needs Doom & the rest of Norman's Cabal. I don't think T'Challa will end up blaming Namor. Storm on the other hand, I'm not so sure.  After all Namor's back is against the wall. He needs to follow suit in order to get what he wants. I think he tried to recruit T'Challa so to strengthen his odds after Norman's reign. This might just have been a lil glitch in his master plan. 

Why does he need Doom? Since when is Namor afraid of Dr. Doom? He's never cared about the laws of the Surface world before so whatever power Norman thinks he has wouldn't matter a lick to Namor. So he must have other reasons for siding with them besides needing to. If Namor didn't set up BP then how did Doom know when and where to show up unless Namor told em? Of course this is all speculation. But it looks pretty shady from my end.

And Storm sitting up BP is kinda silly. She'd never do anything like that to Challa.

Moderator Online
#49 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmm I'll go an read the issue then I'll make an anti-thesis just for the hell of it :D

#50 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright so let's sum it up, Namor invites T'challa to offer him a place at the dark illuminati, to spare wakanda from them, T'challa (the proud man he is) declines of course.

next up Namor tells T'challa to watch out after himself, then departs (No sign of argumentation between the two). then we find BP being greeted by Doom, who (like in their past encounters) fights him.

So heres my comedown:

A. It could be Doom spying on Namor

B. Namor working with Doom

C. .... something that I'll have to explain further (see "*")

or D. It was osborn and the whole Illuminati had it on him

* so here we come to the point to ask a few questions, if namor did it, which reasons would he have to do so? Namor has Atlantis and is the most Loyal person we know, secondly, he has respect and honors other people's terretory. So now check this, why would a person greet a man as depicted in the lower left corner of the upcommnig picture if he'd have a criminal intent, it's a greet of honor, respect, friendship and solitude.

The Greet
(Note: Image function isn't working for me atm)

Now let's think about where ELSE we know this greet from, and consider who else is in the Dark Illuminati. You've probably seen Thor do this greet on one or more occassions... and Loki isn't that far away now is he...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.