Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3336 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Aldis Hodge Wants To Lead Marvel's BLACK PANTHER

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Mega_spidey01

Since news broke that Marvel Studios' 2014 Captain America sequel may be followed by a big-screen adaptation of The Black Panther, potential T'Challa contenders have been modestly campaigning for the King of Wakanda. Via Examiner, the latest is actor Aldis Hodge. When asked if he favored a comic book series, Hodge replied:

"Growing up I was a fan of Black Panther and X-Men comic books. I was also a huge Batman fan. There’s recently been a little buzz online about Marvel pushing for Black Panther, and I’ve been in love with the idea for years. I want the fans to know that the one role I really want to play is Black Panther. I grew up loving the Marvel world, and grew up on martial arts. I still train. When Black Panther came around, he was almost like an African American Batman."

Aldis Hodge, 25, is best known for his Alec Hardison role on the TNT Leverage TV series, which landed him a Saturn Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor in Television. He has also appeared in Supernatural among many shows. And he currently has two films, The East and Lives of the Saints, in production. What do you think?

No Caption Provided

i can see him as the black panther !

credit to comicbookmovie.com

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Duke_Nasty

I say Jon Jones should play him.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rell127

Anthony Mackie wants to play him as well. Those 2 look alot like him. Both of their Star power would explode after playing him.

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Blackreverend
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TheCrowbar

I love it when people become passionate about a work like this. I hope he gets it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.