ryonslaught's Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive #525 - The Kingpin of Wakanda review

• ryonslaught wrote this review on .
  • ryonslaught has written a total of 293 reviews. The last one was for

The begining of the end

View Summary and scans here

The Good

Cover- Nice washed out lookin cover gives the impression of an old newspaper, Kingpin in the background while his two lovely assassins in the foreground.

Art- Good bye Francavilla! Hello

Story- What does Kingpin have planned? Why is he killing the Wakandan Bank’s board of directors? Can T’challa beat both Typhoid Mary and Lady Bullseye? Scratch that last question but there is enough mystery and I’m hopeful that David Liss’s swan song for the Black Panther can keep up this tone and be a memorable clash of two of comics’ legendary characters.

Action- Thankfully this issue has a fair bit of action not stifled by stiff visuals; as a result we get a nice chase scene which works!

Gritty- Lady Bullseye had the perfect name she’s just as cold and heartless as Bullseye himself. The bodies all over the hospital added to the dark and sombre tone of this Noir-esque book which has been lacking.

The Bad

Track Record- I want to be excited but can’t get there because David Liss’s execution always falls below expectations.

The Ugly