Follow

Black Mask

Character » Black Mask appears in 450 issues.

A ruthless Gotham mob boss and leader of the False Face Society known for his extreme hatred for Bruce Wayne and sadistic talent for torturing his victims.

Rematch with Catwoman

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WarlordEternal

I haven't been keeping up with Catwoman recently (as well as many other characters) but I am actually excited for Catwoman # 37

No Caption Provided

Black Mask has played a major role in Catwoman's history, making him feel like a genuine arch-nemesis. If this is handled properly, he can reassert himself as an A-list Gotham villain and be her arch-nemesis.

What do you guys think? What would you like to see in the future of Black Mask?

SionistheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@warlordeternal: i would agree that Black Mask is Selyna's arch nemesis. I also consider him to be one of Batman's biggest enemies. He used Batman's own plan against him to take control of the one thing batman fights: Crime. I mean, it took a bullet to the head to stop him, not being locked in jail. He also held the most turf in Gotham during No Man's Land. This is no small feat.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: i would agree that Black Mask is Selyna's arch nemesis. I also consider him to be one of Batman's biggest enemies. He used Batman's own plan against him to take control of the one thing batman fights: Crime. I mean, it took a bullet to the head to stop him, not being locked in jail. He also held the most turf in Gotham during No Man's Land. This is no small feat.

This is all why I love Black Mask! I am seriously hoping that this Catwoman book shows off Black Mask as a force to be reckoned with.

SionistheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: Yeah. Hes on my top five list of villains. his new 52 version just destroyed his image though. And Jerimaya Arkham didnt help either.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I would love Black Mask to become a major player again although I'm not that keen on his New 52 changes, he doesn't feel the same as before.

SionistheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: yah he went from being a major mob boss who's biggest enemies were catwoman and red hood to some freak who fights the mad hatter... wtf

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WarlordEternal

@sionistheboss: That whole mind control thing in the New-52 was pretty stupid. Black Mask doesn't need that to control people as he's already a very manipulative person. The whole idea is that he's essentially the darkest side of a man's psyche manifested. Jeremiah as Black Mask was bad yet at the same time good. I say good because it wasn't really a bad story; however, There is only one true Black Mask, and that's Roman Sionis. I just hope to god that DC will eventually give the character the respect that he deserves. My jimmies are still rustled over Arkham Origins.

SionistheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: dont get me started on Arkham Origins. what they did was a disgrace to Black Mask. i stoped playing when it turned out to be the Joker (ok i finished the game but i stopped enjoying it). But Jeramiah wasnt nearly as great as roman. btw, im going to get No Man's Land very soon, and was wondering if u knew how big of a role black mask has

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sionistheboss: That game was a golden opportunity to use other lesser known character's and they totally f#cked that up. talk about false advertising.

It's been a long time since I read No Man's Land. IIRC Black Mask's role isn't that big (in the sense of how man issues he's in), but it is important. It's also what started the whole skull face thing.

SionistheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SionistheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok thnx

No problem.

btw glad i finaly found a true black mask lover

Hey, me too. I love the character despite his limited appearances. He really deserves more credit.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would love Black Mask to become a major player again although I'm not that keen on his New 52 changes, he doesn't feel the same as before.

This

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.