Follow

Black Mask

Character » Black Mask appears in 450 issues.

A ruthless Gotham mob boss and leader of the False Face Society known for his extreme hatred for Bruce Wayne and sadistic talent for torturing his victims.

Gotham Black Mask

SionistheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This thread is for pros and cons on the Black Mask from the Gotham TV series. Personally, I rather liked his portrayal. I knew that they were gonna change him and i knew he wouldn't be properly aliened with Sionis's real back story but I still liked Richard Sionis. Yes, he was wearing a samuri mask and yes, he did try to kill a police detective with a katana, but i didn't mind his mask and other than the last few minutes his love of warriors made sense and made the character intriguing. His arena fights were cool, even if i felt like it was more a Penguin thing and i have to admit i really liked the actor who played him. All in all i give him a 7/10

What do you think?

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Eh. I give him a 5/10. He seemed 2 dimensional to me.

I just wanna see child Roman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dam Blk Mask appeared on Gotham? I gotta catch up on this show.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it cause it worked with Romans philosophy. Don't forget that roman learned about people's masks (metaphorically) from his dad, and he has a strange connection to his dad despite killing him. Heck Romans mask is made from his fathers coffin. So here it is the reverse, roman develops his philosophy by seeing his dad use a literal mask and a metaphorical mask in public. Not only that but they have Richard not have the exact ideology but just enough that roman will hate his dad and become like him yet still be a different person. Richard belived that mask set the spirit free (in a metaphorical sense) while roman believes that people put on masks in public to become what they want while their true nature is hidden.

Richard is just wearing a mask to let his emotions out but roman did have a real good face but his metaphorical face his parents made him use metaphorically hid his good nature. And his dark side the legitamit black mask literally destroys that face. So they acually have Richards philosophy develop Romans just by reversing which kind if mask he wore. If this was their intent than I freaking loved this idea. Granted I may be looking to far into this, after all I am going into phycology because of hiw interested i was in the phycology of black mask and scarecrow.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.