Follow

Black Mask

Character » Black Mask appears in 450 issues.

A ruthless Gotham mob boss and leader of the False Face Society known for his extreme hatred for Bruce Wayne and sadistic talent for torturing his victims.

Black Mask in "Battle for Gotham" (Bats-3)

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By G'bandit

I think they should add him in the movie as one of the new leaders of the organize crime that have taken over Gotham. I think that''s what "Battle for Gotham" will be about. Black mask and maybe, Penguin? Or another criminal boss and those who might have been overshadowed by Salvatore Maroni will now be at war trying to take over Gotham. Since Bats is an enemy of Gotham (In the next movie) and Maroni and his men are out of the picture :) I think Black Mask would fit pefectly. :D

That's what happens in the organize crime. you think you end it by taking out the big boss but that's not right. All you do is open a door for a new villain to rise.

What you guys think?

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Black Mask would be a fine addition, but you would need more characters to be introduced first. Black Mask is usually seen as working with a few other super-villains in addition to the False Faces group. And (sadly) the Penguin is more likely to be introduced than Black Mask.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Vortex13

Christopher Nolan stated in an interview for The Dark Knight, way before anyone knew what it was going to be called or who was going to be in it, addressing rumors of him talking to Philip Seymur Hoffman for the role of the Penguin that he would never use the Penguin because he was too far fetched a character, so if he's directing its more likely that we would see Black Mask then Penguin

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Bio Guyver

I think Penguin could work. He doesn't have to be the villain living underneath Sea World. Hoffman would be a good choice. He is a great actor. Just make him deformed and you got yourself the penguin.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.